Big Rock Got my first Arrma Nero bigrock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found out a part for the diffs is discontinued, The large shim was damaged on my center diff. Emailed my hobbyshop and told me they have them.
554B0C47-4F33-42CF-8DED-E319BF42DE34.png

If this one fits the Vintage and F-150 Supercap should fit as well.

https://www.hpiracing.com/en/part/110238

https://www.hpiracing.com/en/part/105132 trying to find the Supercab body is like trying to find hens teeth or unicorn tears.
The modern sauvage xl bodies should fit too and have similar lenght?

I found out a part for the diffs is discontinued, The large shim was damaged on my center diff. Emailed my hobbyshop and told me they have them.View attachment 272725

The modern sauvage xl bodies should fit too and have similar lenght?
Yeah iirc they are all the same dimensions.

Some of the decals looks fantastic some like the windows are too warm compared to the originals same goes for the reae headlights. Didnt install all the stickers just installed the ones that were destroyed
20230127_144723.jpg
20230127_144729.jpg
20230127_144737.jpg
20230127_144749.jpg

Last edited:
This is one hell of a beauty
20230202_225144.jpg

I was thinking transforming the drift mode into a second crawl mode by just reversing servo order. I don't think drift mode is that usefull with a locked diff. I wasnt able to find a lot of footage of the nero big rock with softer springs doing drift mode. All diffs locked while craling also work. Im also thinking remocing the diff brain in the rear diff but i want to have the option to try drift more if i ever with to by just switching wires
@MrTitanium good idea or a bad one?

All the parts have been cleaned the best i could with elbow grease. Now the electronics to clean up and 2 more diffs. That is the thing i hate the most. Cleaming freaking diffs pain. I might buy the red body shocks and center chassis. The nero platf9rk was really a show piece and im going to shelf queen it when not in use and dull brown aint really doing it. But those chassis plates are freaking expensive 50$ a pop.View attachment 270956View attachment 270954View attachment 270955
The car came with hot racing 5mm+ width thingies. Look kinda nice but i don't like how the hexes are keyed. Made some little buldges on the wheel hexes and i don't wabt that to happen on my other tires. Might just go back to stock. Waiting for the bearings to come in also from jimbearings.
Stickers also ordered.

The two diffs i took apart and the cebtwe transmission has 0 wear. No shark fins anywhere not even on the spur gear or clutch gear. Cant say the same about my 6s exb spur gears and soon my felony c8 pinion going to lose its teeths. Its the clutch doing saving the nero from wear or the quality of the metal they now use is no way near as good as before
😳 my baby!!! Incredible what you’re doing to it. Really happy it’s in such good hands!

😳 my baby!!! Incredible what you’re doing to it. Really happy it’s in such good hands!
Im getting an ultrasonic cleaner tomorrow. it should clean all my plastic better, better than my back and hands ever could
So it should a lot better than what my poor back and hands could achieve
I have a whole diff to clean, i hope it can break it down like magic and spare me all the mess! My sink is hell right now

Last edited:
This is one hell of a beautyView attachment 275184
I was thinking transforming the drift mode into a second crawl mode by just reversing servo order. I don't think drift mode is that usefull with a locked diff. I wasnt able to find a lot of footage of the nero big rock with softer springs doing drift mode. All diffs locked while craling also work. Im also thinking remocing the diff brain in the rear diff but i want to have the option to try drift more if i ever with to by just switching wires
@MrTitanium good idea or a bad one?
Wow great job on cleaning! Looks like brand new

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back