Arrma nero blx

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rchrdjrz

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Hello guys and girls
I am planning to get the new arrma nero non diff. I know it handles up to 6s lipo power. But I was wondering if I can use the car with only one lipo? Also can I just use one 3s lipo battery?

Hello guys and girls
I am planning to get the new arrma nero non diff. I know it handles up to 6s LiPo power. But I was wondering if I can use the car with only one LiPo? Also can I just use one 3s LiPo battery?
If you set your esc to the nimh setting you can even run 2s.Use a lipo alarm if you do so as not to run the battery to low.

I didn't know it can do that. I'm planning to get it soon. I have read many reviews and it seems like a good rc. Do you have one?

I didn't know it can do that. I'm planning to get it soon. I have read many reviews and it seems like a good rc. Do you have one?
I have the Kraton, like to keep things simple so wasn 't drawn to the Nero.
On 2/3s it will be under powered.

Yeah the kraton was second choice for me. But I just loved the armor body of the nero. It seems a little harder to work on. But I have an hpi savage xs and it's also a little pain to work on. It's cool I don't mind.

So I have a Nero w diff brain and I wouldn't recommend going below 4s because the truck is too heavy for one 3s on a 2000kv. You'll only have a max speed of 25 on a perfect surface, probably lost ability to wheelie, and most importantly, if you go off a jump you will definitely not have the wheel speed necessary to make any in air adjustments at all. On 4s in air adjustment is significantly more delayed than on 6s. So I can just imagine that on 3s it basically just won't be there. So you'll end up spending a lot of money on a truck with none of its intended benefits. If you just don't want to have to buy a bunch of expensive batteries you can run on a single 4s pack and plug one side of your series adaptor.

I love my Nero and the Fazon! I agree with Cr3pitus it's a heavy truck so running one 3s won't give you a very long run time. If you're concerned about battery prices look into Power hobby batteries. My LHS sells them and they're available on eBay. I picked up 2 3s 7600mah 75c hardcases for 150.00 and they just fit width wise in the battery box. I have been running them and some others I bought and have had no problems.

Strongly agree with Cr3 & Hfd. I have a Nero & Fazon - they did not come with a loop connector to hook up one battery for a REASON. The nero also requires a minimum 35C Lipo for a reason as well. If you get a Nero - you need 4S or 6S power. Just my humble opinion.

I also have a nero, and to add to things, make sure you read about some of the issues people can experience. The Nero is a great truck but it is not without it's flaws. Like any 15lb-ish truck. Your biggest and probably first upgrade will be shock rod ends. I love my nero and it can certainly take a beating, but it isn't invincible.

Agreed. If you get one - be sure to get the following.

HD Shock ends.
HD rod ends
HD UJs
GoPro Session - optional lol.

Agreed. If you get one - be sure to get the following.

HD Shock ends.
HD rod ends
HD UJs
GoPro Session - optional lol.
Where can I find those part . Every time I search I get stock arrma parts

You can look for the HD versions on the Nero page under the option parts page. The only HD parts that I have used are the drive line parts. As for the shock rod ends there is a thread here about them. I am using 2 Kraton ends and 2 Revo ends, tho the Kraton ends are a bit longer and I will replace the Revo ones with Kraton ones at some point. (It's a mish mash of ends.. Lol) but it works and that's what matters.

When u goto the car on the arrma site clik on the options button - pulls up all the optional parts. Or just call them. I have Big Rock shocks in my Nero - got them off ebay. Plenty more too. about 40$ delivered. Also - if you want the HD shock ends only - just goto big rock and clik on options.

I love my Nero and the Fazon! I agree with Cr3pitus it's a heavy truck so running one 3s won't give you a very long run time. If you're concerned about battery prices look into Power hobby batteries. My LHS sells them and they're available on eBay. I picked up 2 3s 7600mah 75c hardcases for 150.00 and they just fit width wise in the battery box. I have been running them and some others I bought and have had no problems.
Can I Run the Nero On Any Remote??? Because I was Going to Get the M17 But Did not Know If I Could Switch The Diff On An Off Like the Stock 1 Thanks

Can I Run the Nero On Any Remote??? Because I was Going to Get the M17 But Did not Know If I Could Switch The Diff On An Off Like the Stock 1 Thanks
As far as my experience goes, the best way to run is with the stock Tactic Tx & Rx. Someone on this forum may have been able to use a Futaba, I think.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back