Arrma Nero or Traxxas E-Revo?

Thread starter #1
Right now there are 2 auctions ending soon and I can't decide if I should buy the E-Revo (not the 2018 version) for 300 or an Arrma Nero for 320. Both cars seem to be about the same, I really can't decide, could you give me some pros and cons?

JvG

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Arrma RC's
BigRock, Kraton, Typhon
Hi Potatoman, all i can say from personal experience do not buy the e-revo.
You will spent more time repairing it than having fun with it.

Thread starter #3
Hi Potatoman, all i can say from personal experience do not buy the e-revo.
You will spent more time repairing it than having fun with it.
Thanks for the reply. Do you think parts will be an issue because it's discontinued? I'm not a newbie to rc cars but I can't really control it when it's in the air.

JvG

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Arrma RC's
BigRock, Kraton, Typhon
Thanks for the reply. Do you think parts will be an issue because it's discontinued? I'm not a newbie to rc cars but I can't really control it when it's in the air.
Sounds familiar haha. I really have no idea if parts availablity will be an issue but due to the fact that the Nero is discontinued i would have similar doubts about it.

stuartd

Arrma RC's
Outcast, Talion
Right now there are 2 auctions ending soon and I can't decide if I should buy the E-Revo (not the 2018 version) for 300 or an Arrma Nero for 320. Both cars seem to be about the same, I really can't decide, could you give me some pros and cons?
From what I've read the Nero is the Arrma 1/8 truck that's most likely to have issues, largely due to the 'diff brain'. It's also discontinued so parts are likely to be more of an issue. Although, if I could get a Nero for the UK equivalent of $300 I'd probably go for it.

I'd say you'd be better off with a Kraton, Talion or Outcast/Notorious.

Paultro84

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Arrma RC's
Outcast
I know a lot of people on here don't like Traxxas but the E revo isn't a bad rig with some minor upgrades done to. Ditch the dual servo set up and run just one strong servo. Aluminum rear chassis brace. Limiting straps for the rear suspension. Gorilla glue the threads on the push rods to keep them from popping out. A wheelie bar. This is only my opinion in what I've experienced. I run mine the same way, in the same places as I did my Outcast and the 2.0 is holding up better. I hardly work on it and I beat like it owes me money. Haha I really want a Kraton though and have been watching the classifieds and checking craigslist for one. Going in to winter it's just hard for me to save up the cash. Personally I would stay away from the Nero because of the diff brain and parts availability.