Arrma Nero or Traxxas E-Revo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PotatoMan64

Reaction score
Right now there are 2 auctions ending soon and I can't decide if I should buy the E-Revo (not the 2018 version) for 300 or an Arrma Nero for 320. Both cars seem to be about the same, I really can't decide, could you give me some pros and cons?

Hi Potatoman, all i can say from personal experience do not buy the e-revo.
You will spent more time repairing it than having fun with it.
Thanks for the reply. Do you think parts will be an issue because it's discontinued? I'm not a newbie to rc cars but I can't really control it when it's in the air.

Thanks for the reply. Do you think parts will be an issue because it's discontinued? I'm not a newbie to rc cars but I can't really control it when it's in the air.
Sounds familiar haha. I really have no idea if parts availablity will be an issue but due to the fact that the Nero is discontinued i would have similar doubts about it.

Right now there are 2 auctions ending soon and I can't decide if I should buy the E-Revo (not the 2018 version) for 300 or an Arrma Nero for 320. Both cars seem to be about the same, I really can't decide, could you give me some pros and cons?

From what I've read the Nero is the Arrma 1/8 truck that's most likely to have issues, largely due to the 'diff brain'. It's also discontinued so parts are likely to be more of an issue. Although, if I could get a Nero for the UK equivalent of $300 I'd probably go for it.

I'd say you'd be better off with a Kraton, Talion or Outcast/Notorious.

I know a lot of people on here don't like Traxxas but the E revo isn't a bad rig with some minor upgrades done to. Ditch the dual servo set up and run just one strong servo. Aluminum rear chassis brace. Limiting straps for the rear suspension. Gorilla glue the threads on the push rods to keep them from popping out. A wheelie bar. This is only my opinion in what I've experienced. I run mine the same way, in the same places as I did my Outcast and the 2.0 is holding up better. I hardly work on it and I beat like it owes me money. Haha I really want a Kraton though and have been watching the classifieds and checking craigslist for one. Going in to winter it's just hard for me to save up the cash. Personally I would stay away from the Nero because of the diff brain and parts availability.

@WoodiE this is the ARRMA forum!!!!!! HAHA!!!!:p

Lol, no kiddin. I moved my MT-410 so now Im looking at the box every morning. Maybe this is another sign......lol. I hear they're the top of the food chain?
I don't want to use up my spare 2000kv motor quite yet for my MT. Have this dream of running 2 red can Nero motors in a boat, lol.
-
For every Paultro I read, I'll read 5 happy Nero owners? Maybe its due to who I hang out with.
I really thought I'd welch on my claim to never buy another new Traxxas when the V2 ERevo came out. I just waited, lol.

I have had both... parted out the erevo 2.0 and bought another used Nero. Parts are plentiful and it's tough to break. Address the rod ends and the rocker posts and you'll find it's a tank. I hated all the plastic on the erevo 2.0 and the drive cups were soft. Traxxas really needs to figure out their metal compositions. I missed the first Nero I had, not so much with the traxxas overpriced plastic "truggy". Oh, I also have an extended MT410... I'll never sell that sucker. Best truck I've ever had!

I have no problem finding parts for the Nero at this point. eBay has it all. Love this truck and no plans to sell it. I may purchase a Kraton or outcast at some point though but this was my first choice. I love the diff lock options.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back