Arrma nero stripped wheel hex HELP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rchrdjrz

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Hey crew I took my new nero to a BMX track by my house and my wife went for a backflip. She landed completely sideways on a single wheel on another jump. And to put it short the impact was so strong that the wheel stripped out the wheel hex and nut and sent
the tire flying about 30ft away. It was pretty cool to see but now I can't seem to remove the wheel hex to replace it. It has a little pin that holds it in place but can't come out.

Last edited:
Hey crew I took my new nero to a BMX track by my house and my wife went for a backflip. She landed completely sideways on a single wheel on another jump. And to put it short the impact was so strong that the wheel stripped out the wheel hex and nut and sent
the tire flying about 30ft away. It was pretty cool to see but now I can't seem to remove the wheel hex to replace it. It has a little pin that holds it in place but can't come out.

there is a set screw that goes down the center of the shaft to hold that pin in...you need to get it out first...

they put lots of loctite on it ..sooo...get it good and hot with a lighter first. ..heat the end of the shaft ..one of those wind proof lighters works very well....take a look at the exploded views. ..you will see it...

good luck dude. ..

there is a set screw that goes down the center of the shaft to hold that pin in...you need to get it out first...

they put lots of loctite on it ..sooo...get it good and hot with a lighter first. ..heat the end of the shaft ..one of those wind proof lighters works very well....take a look at the exploded views. ..you will see it...

good luck dude. ..
Thanks so much. I did exactly what you said and it worked. You were right about that tread lock. I really had to warm it up with a lighter. Thanks again and happy holidays =+]

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back