Arrma nero tire ballooning issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rchrdjrz

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Hey guys any advice on fixing the front tire ballooning problem? Diff oil...I have the non diff nero. And when I floor it from dead stop I don't ever achieve a wheelie the front tires just balloon and hauls ass but I have to let off the throttle before the tires rub against the tbone front basher bumper. Also another question, will the proline 3.8 trencher tires be a good option?

Hey guys any advice on fixing the front tire ballooning problem? Diff oil...I have the non diff nero. And when I floor it from dead stop I don't ever achieve a wheelie the front tires just balloon and hauls ass but I have to let off the throttle before the tires rub against the tbone front basher bumper. Also another question, will the proline 3.8 trencher tires be a good option?
No, due to they grow super tall. If you tape them you can stop quite a bit of the ballooning, but not the best 6S choice.

Also adding heavier center diff silicone, will slow down the front tires turning into pizza cutters. And give you bigger wheelies. I'm not sure what the stock silicone is.

Plug and fill the center diff, just light grease in it now.
I use 100k-300k depending on if I'm doing speed or bashing

Also, I haven't had the best luck strapping the tires with gorilla tape. Maybe it's impatience, but I seem to always get an out of round issue. I balance the tires, but balancing can only do so much.

I have 220k in my center diff on my Kraton and it has helped tremendously with front tire ballooning. I tried 100k and it basically did nothing. I think 220-300k is the sweet spot. I do believe the diffs in the Nero aren't sealed though and only have grease in them. The easy fix is to get Ofna diff locker. It does NOT leak out. It's amazing. Give it a shot. I have it in the front and rear diffs of the Fs Racing Raptor which has open, non-sealed diffs and its crazy effective

So I would recommend putting the Ofna diff locker in your center diff in place of the grease and also put half a fill in your front diff and you should be good to go

Last edited:
I have 500k diff oil but I'm not sure what would happen i were to put that in the center diff. Also, what's the difference in the oil and grease that you guys are talking about? I'm new to this hobby and love it so far. I also have an hpi savage xs that I bought used but it looses control and spins out on dirt. I might have to change the grease on the outside or inside the diff

I have 500k diff oil but I'm not sure what would happen i were to put that in the center diff. Also, what's the difference in the oil and grease that you guys are talking about? I'm new to this hobby and love it so far. I also have an hpi savage xs that I bought used but it looses control and spins out on dirt. I might have to change the grease on the outside or inside the diff
The grease has a viscosity of around 5k. It comes stock in the Nero bc the Nero has unsealed diffs so if you put silicone in there it will leak out. Forget the 500k and use the Ofna diff lock. The Ofna diff lock I believe has a viscosity of around 750k but it WILL NOT leak out of your diff like silicone will

The grease has a viscosity of around 5k. It comes stock in the Nero bc the Nero has unsealed diffs so if you put silicone in there it will leak out. Forget the 500k and use the Ofna diff lock. The Ofna diff lock I believe has a viscosity of around 750k but it WILL NOT leak out of your diff like silicone will
I searched for that on amazon but only found 5,000 and 10,000. It also looks like a spray can. It says that it's silicone. Do you have a link to the one that you use? Does it go directly inside the diff? What kind of grease did you use for the outside of the diff?

I searched for that on amazon but only found 5,000 and 10,000. It also looks like a spray can. It says that it's silicone. Do you have a link to the one that you use? Does it go directly inside the diff? What kind of grease did you use for the outside of the diff?
http://www.ofna.com/fluids.php

The one I got is part#10230. It comes in the white plastic case. It's super sticky and extra thick but it works like magic. I got mine from my LHS. I also have it in my son's Traxxas Skully and it truly works.

You can buy it here: http://www.hksrc.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=9000

Or here: http://www.wholesalediscountshop.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=9782

The second link is cheaper but I don't how much the shipping is for either one. Like I've said I got mine from my LHS for like $6. It's SUPER sticky so you'll need to be aware of that.

Last edited:
http://www.ofna.com/fluids.php

The one I got is part#10230. It comes in the white plastic case. It's super sticky and extra thick but it works like magic. I got mine from my LHS. I also have it in my son's Traxxas Skully and it truly works.

You can buy it here: http://www.hksrc.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=9000

Or here: http://www.wholesalediscountshop.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=9782
Oh cool thanks a lot! I'll get it then. Does that go inside the diff or outside the diff?

It goes in the diff. You'll use the same procedure as you would when changing diff oil except with this stuff it's so thick you'll have to improvise. I used my fingers and made sure I got the air bubbles out as well. It takes about a day of washing your hands for it all but it's worth all the effort

It goes in the diff. You'll use the same procedure as you would when changing diff oil except with this stuff it's so thick you'll have to improvise. I used my fingers and made sure I got the air bubbles out as well. It takes about a day of washing your hands for it all but it's worth all the effort
Oh nice, and this will help with ballooning of the front tires? What about maybe with popping Willie's?

Oh nice, and this will help with ballooning of the front tires? What about maybe with popping Willie's?
Yes definitely. You won't bleed power to the front wheels to cause the ballooning and it keeps more power in the rear so you'll accelerate faster and also easier to pop wheelies. It also makes your brakes stronger bc it lets the front slip much less during braking

As far as tire options go check out my Proline Mobster Truck Tire chart in the wheels and tires section. It will give you an idea of what tires to run depending on the type of terrain you mainly like to run in

Yes definitely. You won't bleed power to the front wheels to cause the ballooning and it keeps more power in the rear so you'll accelerate faster and also easier to pop wheelies. It also makes your brakes stronger bc it lets the front slip much less during braking

As far as tire options go check out my Proline Mobster Truck Tire chart in the wheels and tires section. It will give you an idea of what tires to run depending on the type of terrain you mainly like to run in
Awesome! Thank you so much. You have been a lot of help :+]

You're welcome. Did you decide on a tire?
I like the tires that the nero has and want to see how they respond to locking the center diff with that thick grease. But I have two other tires in mind that I might get in the near future. The proline trenchers 3.8 and also the proline big joe 40 series.

I like the tires that the nero has and want to see how they respond to locking the center diff with that thick grease. But I have two other tires in mind that I might get in the near future. The proline trenchers 3.8 and also the proline big joe 40 series.
So you'll mainly be in loose dirt and some crawling action?

Trenchers balloon A LOT. A whole lot. That's why I don't like them. I believe they're the best gravel tires but there are better options to me especially for the terrain I run in. What do you normally run on?

So you'll mainly be in loose dirt and some crawling action?

Trenchers balloon A LOT. A whole lot. That's why I don't like them. I believe they're the best gravel tires but there are better options to me especially for the terrain I run in. What do you normally run on?
I tend to run on loose dirt (not sand) and water puddles after It rains. Also a cement skate park by my house. I get pretty good traction with the stock tires, just don't like the ballooning when I go hard on the throttle. I took

I tend to run on loose dirt (not sand) and water puddles after It rains. Also a cement skate park by my house. I get pretty good traction with the stock tires, just don't like the ballooning when I go hard on the throttle. I took
There's such a massive difference in performance with aftermarket tires and stock tires. I used to be able to MASH the throttle and the Kraton would slowly accelerate away, most power going to the front and all tires screening for traction. Now I can very easily do standing backflips. Even accelerating on partial throttle it's much quicker than with the stock tires

There's such a massive difference in performance with aftermarket tires and stock tires. I used to be able to MASH the throttle and the Kraton would slowly accelerate away, most power going to the front and all tires screening for traction. Now I can very easily do standing backflips. Even accelerating on partial throttle it's much quicker than with the stock tires
Which tyres do you run with?

I like
I like tires that look aggressive

I like the tires from proline the badlands. I don't know how they would look on the nero since the truck is big and the badlands are pretty narrow. I would like them more if they were wider.

I like

I like tires that look aggressive

I like the tires from proline the badlands. I don't know how they would look on the nero since the truck is big and the badlands are pretty narrow. I would like them more if they were wider.

I run Mashers and my main terrain is grass. I don't want too much grip bc of wheelies and traction rolling and I'd have to stiffen my suspension if I got tires that's too aggressive. The types of terrain you mentioned you're better off getting Mashers too because of the loose dirt and they're pretty amazing on concrete compared to stock and Trenchers. They're better than Trenchers on concrete- although they have the same traction on concrete they balloon far less which provides you with better control

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back