Arrma Nero Top Speed Test

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think he said stock right out the box - have to say hes using the stock pinion.
Well the 17 comes in the box so.... i find it hard to belive he is hitting 54mph with a 15... maybe its fast as hell i cant get it wot across my yard and have room to stop so maybe... just curious... i left it alone but it is all coming back apart to get new heavier diff lube definatley the center is getting changed to 75k or 100k... its fast enough with the stock 15 in my opinion... cant wait to smoke my buddys erevo... we raced the kraton with it last weekend and both on 6s running badlands on both it was even with the stock kraton tires i would have smoked him. I have not touched gearing on kraton either... also he has about 1500 invested in his erevo and i have 459 dollar stock car so i know i will smoke him when i start playing...

I was looking at the erevo too. The 10th scale diffs made me say no... the plastic driveshafts made me say hell no....

I was looking at the erevo too. The 10th scale diffs made me say no... the plastic driveshafts made me say hell no....
Yeah.... he has alot in it and its still eating diffs... traxxas is junk... even my xmaxx is junk. My stampede 4x4 is awesome but its running a 2650kv and mm2 all mip drive shafts and aluminum center drive shaft... my maxx i don't even want to talk about that... the kraton is a beast and so is the nero. Im never buying another traxxas... arrma and im looking at a losixxle2 but my arrmas are getting all the runtime rite now.

I was looking at the erevo...before seeing the Nero...in the end...i wanted to try something new and different. ..glad I did. ..everyone and their mom has an erevo...thats fine...but not different. ..I'm definitely getting another Arrma...1/8 scale something. ..just having a hard time deciding. ..

I plan on a Kraton too. That caught my eye back in March when I didn't know the difference between 4s and 6s. So I got the Redcat TRMT8e which I have totally gutted and installed the HOBBYWING MAX8 combo and new diffs front and rear, metal geared center diff, etc. looking back - the Kraton was and still is a better choice. I live and I learn.

I plan on a Kraton too. That caught my eye back in March when I didn't know the difference between 4s and 6s. So I got the Redcat TRMT8e which I have totally gutted and installed the HOBBYWING MAX8 combo and new diffs front and rear, metal geared center diff, etc. looking back - the Kraton was and still is a better choice. I live and I learn.
I just got a redcrap off my bench after 3 months waiting on parts... not mine my buddy has a terremoto 1/8 scale 4s. We filled diffs with 100k all 3 of them and put bigjoes on it with a grave digger body... looks sweet works alot better now... still a redcrap tho.. he has mega bux in his erevo and i almost beat him with box stock kraton running badlands if i had kept stock tires on it then i would have smoked him...

I just got a redcrap off my bench after 3 months waiting on parts... not mine my buddy has a terremoto 1/8 scale 4s. We filled diffs with 100k all 3 of them and put bigjoes on it with a grave digger body... looks sweet works alot better now... still a redcrap tho.. he has mega bux in his erevo and i almost beat him with box stock kraton running badlands if i had kept stock tires on it then i would have smoked him...
I must say - Volcano - broken EarthQuake 8E - broken but I bashed it like I was trying to break it .The TR is really a rebranded Team Magic E6 HXIII which is a great setup. Once the 6S version came out - called the Bird Eating Spider - I decided to gut it and get a max8 combo. I have traxxas stampede & slash and just my boy a HPI sprint 2 Flux. I loved the Kraton but I had already gotten the TRMT8E - but now Im happy to get the NERO.

I haven't bashed the nero real hard, broke a shock ball end and other was close to breaking... i was jumping it pretty good tho.... also i added a tbone wheelie bar and the front bumper is next... the wheelie bar is awesome, also put front bumper from tbone on kraton. I love the kraton it has been bashed harder than normal i like to jump it and it flies great... i stripped servo gears on kraton but again i was jumping it 30 to 40 feet and about 10 to 15 ft high... over and over and over.... i love my nero got a pair of duratrax onyx 5400mah3s 50c batteries for the arrmas and had xmaxx connectors swapped out for xt90 to use same batteries as arrmas... i am thinking that i should pick up a talion next... more erevo sized and the badlands look silly on my kraton. To small i think... you will love the nero. Its new probably be a few troubles but nothing like the xmaxx had... i tend to bash my rcs pretty hard, i like to go fast jump bigger ect ect ect... my buddy anout crapped himself when we were about dead even racing... and i had badlands on if i had left stock tires on it i would have had him.my kraton 459 or so... his erevo he has alot of $$$ into it. And his fancy maxamps batteries... yeah i like the arrmas the nero will probably smoke him.

I haven't bashed the nero real hard, broke a shock ball end and other was close to breaking... i was jumping it pretty good tho.... also i added a tbone wheelie bar and the front bumper is next... the wheelie bar is awesome, also put front bumper from tbone on kraton. I love the kraton it has been bashed harder than normal i like to jump it and it flies great... i stripped servo gears on kraton but again i was jumping it 30 to 40 feet and about 10 to 15 ft high... over and over and over.... i love my nero got a pair of duratrax onyx 5400mah3s 50c batteries for the arrmas and had xmaxx connectors swapped out for xt90 to use same batteries as arrmas... i am thinking that i should pick up a talion next... more erevo sized and the badlands look silly on my kraton. To small i think... you will love the nero. Its new probably be a few troubles but nothing like the xmaxx had... i tend to bash my rcs pretty hard, i like to go fast jump bigger ect ect ect... my buddy anout crapped himself when we were about dead even racing... and i had badlands on if i had left stock tires on it i would have had him.my kraton 459 or so... his erevo he has alot of $$$ into it. And his fancy maxamps batteries... yeah i like the arrmas the nero will probably smoke him.

I am loving how it handles under full throttle in blast mode and remains dead straight and 150% under control. I am sitting her at 2AM and fighting myself to jump into this thing and get my high torque servo in this rig! tempting .....I have a board downstairs I think I will throw in the jeep for a perch and drop of about 7/8 ft to an incline to land on - hit that in the AM.

Well the 17 comes in the box so.... i find it hard to belive he is hitting 54mph with a 15... maybe its fast as hell i cant get it wot across my yard and have room to stop so maybe... just curious... i left it alone but it is all coming back apart to get new heavier diff lube definatley the center is getting changed to 75k or 100k... its fast enough with the stock 15 in my opinion... cant wait to smoke my buddys erevo... we raced the kraton with it last weekend and both on 6s running badlands on both it was even with the stock kraton tires i would have smoked him. I have not touched gearing on kraton either... also he has about 1500 invested in his erevo and i have 459 dollar stock car so i know i will smoke him when i start playing...
The 17T pinion is still in the bag it came in! As I said this is Stock out of the Box, the RC GPS doesn't lie, which is why I show it in the video as proof. That's why I use it. Indeed I base my youtube channel on tests like this to prove if cars/boats can do what they say they can, or in a lot of cases can't. It's running on 2x 3S 5400mah 50C packs. To give you some idea of the difference the C rating can make. I ran my Typhon with 25C packs in it. It hit 45mph, with my 75C packs (they won't fit the nero) in it, it did over 60. That's 15+mph increase on the Typhon just down to the extra C's.
I'm going to try fitting the other pinion on the Nero soon, but to be honest I'm running out of braking room in the area I use. The Nero is very heavy and slowing down is a real issue, I do not want to do an end over end at 60+mph as I'm sure you can appreciate that would be costly! I also would question the need to fit it other than for a one off test. My Typhon does the speed thing a lot better - Just fitted XO1 tires to it. Now that can accelerate and brake like nothing else!
Of note here's a frightening stat for you but one that might help explain how I hit that speed - 60 mph is 88ft per second. So even if your yard is 300ft it's unlikely you'll be close to it's max speed - Hope that helps explain it?. That lot I use is maybe 600-800ft long. Arrma state a Typhon takes 4 seconds to hit 60 so you've covered a few hundred feet to get to that speed, then there's the braking distance, which is the real killer with the nero. Sorry to use the Typhon example as it's the nero in the video but thought the above might help. Any questions ask away.

The 17T pinion is still in the bag it came in! As I said this is Stock out of the Box, the RC GPS doesn't lie, which is why I show it in the video as proof. That's why I use it. Indeed I base my youtube channel on tests like this to prove if cars/boats can do what they say they can, or in a lot of cases can't. It's running on 2x 3S 5400mah 50C packs. To give you some idea of the difference the C rating can make. I ran my Typhon with 25C packs in it. It hit 45mph, with my 75C packs (they won't fit the nero) in it, it did over 60. That's 15+mph increase on the Typhon just down to the extra C's.
I'm going to try fitting the other pinion on the Nero soon, but to be honest I'm running out of braking room in the area I use. The Nero is very heavy and slowing down is a real issue, I do not want to do an end over end at 60+mph as I'm sure you can appreciate that would be costly! I also would question the need to fit it other than for a one off test. My Typhon does the speed thing a lot better - Just fitted XO1 tires to it. Now that can accelerate and brake like nothing else!
Of note here's a frightening stat for you but one that might help explain how I hit that speed - 60 mph is 88ft per second. So even if your yard is 300ft it's unlikely you'll be close to it's max speed - Hope that helps explain it?. That lot I use is maybe 600-800ft long. Arrma state a Typhon takes 4 seconds to hit 60 so you've covered a few hundred feet to get to that speed, then there's the braking distance, which is the real killer with the nero. Sorry to use the Typhon example as it's the nero in the video but thought the above might help. Any questions ask away.
Awesome... i just got my nero back together i have put 100k in rear diff and 50k incenter and front it it unreal fast like you aaid rite outa the box... the talion or typhon is my next purchase. I have onyx 5400mah 50c batteries and my buddy has 6000mah maxamps 100c and there is definatley a diffrence in them. I noticed it in my xmaxx that was running 5000mah traxxas batteries i put his maxamps in and it was night and day... i will not buy a battery under50c i got a coupe 20c in a truck i bought used and they are crap compared to the onyx...

Awesome... i just got my nero back together i have put 100k in rear diff and 50k incenter and front it it unreal fast like you aaid rite outa the box... the talion or typhon is my next purchase. I have onyx 5400mah 50c batteries and my buddy has 6000mah maxamps 100c and there is definatley a diffrence in them. I noticed it in my xmaxx that was running 5000mah traxxas batteries i put his maxamps in and it was night and day... i will not buy a battery under50c i got a coupe 20c in a truck i bought used and they are crap compared to the onyx...
How that oil working in the diffs? I'm probably going to check them this weekend so all suggestions on oil numbers are much appreciated as it's not an area I'm too familliar with, with regards to tuning that is. Loving my Onyx packs. More than happy with the punch, I think much more and you'd push the drivability too far. I'd rather it be reliable and fun, than at the limited and always in for repair. Thanks for the oil tip

Oils are working great still handles turning well and its alot more fun to drive getting more power to the ground, tbone wheelie bar is awesome as well... i may go 75k or 100k center but im happy for now with how it it huge improvement over stock. And the onyx batteries are nice but i want more im gonna try smc, just got a smc 4s 6500mah 60c hard case pack for my kraton for 50 bux used barley a mark on it guy daid he got it a month ago and decided to quit racing 1/8 scale. I want to try some nice smc batteries in nero.... would love to be faster than with the maxamps my buddy has but they are bad ass batteries. However i can get 2 sets for price of one set of maxamps if i was gonna race i would get maxamps quick like but im a bashet and no one wants to see 300 dollar batteries go thru what i do to my trucks.

20160814_204740.jpg
20160814_204747.jpg
@golden14 i ziptied my phone to the nero tonight and got 47 mph, then last run i got 54.9mph. With the 15 box sock... besides wheelie bar. Im running spc 3s 7200mah 70c batteries they are a vast improvement over onyx 5400mah 3s 50c. I had ran it a bit today in pit and around the yard before hitting the blacktop for speed runs. The stock tires really baloon gonna get belted src terrain crushers soon and put 17 or 18 on it i have a few pinions laying around.

View attachment 2512 View attachment 2513 @golden14 i ziptied my phone to the nero tonight and got 47 mph, then last run i got 54.9mph. With the 15 box sock... besides wheelie bar. Im running spc 3s 7200mah 70c batteries they are a vast improvement over onyx 5400mah 3s 50c. I had ran it a bit today in pit and around the yard before hitting the blacktop for speed runs. The stock tires really baloon gonna get belted src terrain crushers soon and put 17 or 18 on it i have a few pinions laying around.

Nice!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back