Arrma Nero Top Speed Test

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it possible to get 80 or 90 mph with a simple gear change ?
Hmm! Well they sell an optional 25T pinion for it BUT I'd question whether the tires could cope. Ballooning at 60+ is huge at 80? Should one blow out you've a $700 car (plus cost of batteries) weighing about 16lbs going through the air out of control if it hits you it will break bones, if it hits your own auto it will cause major damage to both. I did the stock speed test to see how quick it could go. I wouldnt make it go faster - the places you can run it at max stock speed anyway are few and far between. I top speed test a lot of cars on my youtube channel. The Typhon is the only one I feel safe to modify! To give you some idea 60mph is 88Ft per second 80 mph is 117ft per second. If anything goes wrong you've less than a second to react - or face a 16lb missile. Not saying I don't love speed tests as I clearly do, but this is the one car I wouldnt want to run faster

Hmm! Well they sell an optional 25T pinion for it BUT I'd question whether the tires could cope. Ballooning at 60+ is huge at 80? Should one blow out you've a $700 car (plus cost of batteries) weighing about 16lbs going through the air out of control if it hits you it will break bones, if it hits your own auto it will cause major damage to both. I did the stock speed test to see how quick it could go. I wouldnt make it go faster - the places you can run it at max stock speed anyway are few and far between. I top speed test a lot of cars on my youtube channel. The Typhon is the only one I feel safe to modify! To give you some idea 60mph is 88Ft per second 80 mph is 117ft per second. If anything goes wrong you've less than a second to react - or face a 16lb missile. Not saying I don't love speed tests as I clearly do, but this is the one car I wouldnt want to run faster

Do u know the spur stock spur gear tooth?

Did you run the center differential locked, in this speed run ???
No. Will it make a difference. I switched the stock tires and it killed my top speed drastically. But I have great control no wheelies no flipping nothing. I found that the lack of ballooning change the gear ratio. So the 20t pinon isn't doing nothing but 55. I need help know the stock spur gear so I can go smaller and bigger with the pinon. Maybe like a 22t pinon instead of 20

The 17T pinion is still in the bag it came in! As I said this is Stock out of the Box, the RC GPS doesn't lie, which is why I show it in the video as proof. That's why I use it. Indeed I base my youtube channel on tests like this to prove if cars/boats can do what they say they can, or in a lot of cases can't. It's running on 2x 3S 5400mah 50C packs. To give you some idea of the difference the C rating can make. I ran my Typhon with 25C packs in it. It hit 45mph, with my 75C packs (they won't fit the nero) in it, it did over 60. That's 15+mph increase on the Typhon just down to the extra C's.
I'm going to try fitting the other pinion on the Nero soon, but to be honest I'm running out of braking room in the area I use. The Nero is very heavy and slowing down is a real issue, I do not want to do an end over end at 60+mph as I'm sure you can appreciate that would be costly! I also would question the need to fit it other than for a one off test. My Typhon does the speed thing a lot better - Just fitted XO1 tires to it. Now that can accelerate and brake like nothing else!
Of note here's a frightening stat for you but one that might help explain how I hit that speed - 60 mph is 88ft per second. So even if your yard is 300ft it's unlikely you'll be close to it's max speed - Hope that helps explain it?. That lot I use is maybe 600-800ft long. Arrma state a Typhon takes 4 seconds to hit 60 so you've covered a few hundred feet to get to that speed, then there's the braking distance, which is the real killer with the nero. Sorry to use the Typhon example as it's the nero in the video but thought the above might help. Any questions ask away.
AWESOMENESS!!!

AWESOMENESS!!!
I have also subscribed on YouTube!!! ;)

Did you run the center differential locked, in this speed run ???
The reason I ask is that the extra weigh of the Nero could cause the front tires to possibly be slipping at the higher speeds. Also factoring in the wind drag.

No. Will it make a difference. I switched the stock tires and it killed my top speed drastically. But I have great control no wheelies no flipping nothing. I found that the lack of ballooning change the gear ratio. So the 20t pinon isn't doing nothing but 55. I need help know the stock spur gear so I can go smaller and bigger with the pinon. Maybe like a 22t pinon instead of 20
Lot's of extra gear ratio is to be had, due to tire ballooning. I'm running a Rusty at 82MPH with the stock slash sct tires, balanced of coarse! You have a good point here!!! ;)

15+LB 6S, 54MPH out of the box. I'm totally impressed by this #!!! I'm really wanting to see the 17T pinion powered by higher C rated LiPo's. Is the claimed 60MPH all this motor is capable of ? And the ESC, is it up to the task of 60+MPH??? I don't really want to kill my esc or for that matter, the motor! I'm just curious though...

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back