Arrma Nero with 1/8 yeti stock tires and 1/8 Rival MT wheels running in 4s at a BMX track

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nomoney4rcparts

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Here is my latest video with this new tire set-up. I love this set-up for jumps and crawling. It performs really well with 4S. I wouldn't recommend it for a 6s set-up though. I have one problem with this truck. The battery compartment keeps opening. I can tell that this is one of the few flaws of the Nero. I have an idea how to fix it. I will show it on my next video. Cheers!

Very impressive - Can you please make a vid on how these handle in blast mode? would love to see if they balloon .... They look fantastic from the side but these are crawling tires not built for speed right?

Very impressive - Can you please make a vid on how these handle in blast mode? would love to see if they balloon .... They look fantastic from the side but these are crawling tires not built for speed right?

You can see them when I do the flip jump. That is full throttle on 4s. These tires weren't built for speed. I don't recommend these tires for 6s.

You can see them when I do the flip jump. That is full throttle on 4s. These tires weren't built for speed. I don't recommend these tires for 6s.
Very Interesting. I am new to this incredible hobby since December 2015. i bought a set of ProLine super swampers on impulse at my local hobby shop. They ballooned into scary pizza pies with my 50c 5400 Onyx 11.1v lips. then seconds later both fronts ripped open. I reglued and tried braided fishing line. That actually worked .......for about 45 seconds & then white foam.... so I bought a pair unassembled after reading about taping. I duck taped the tire and glued them and even waited overnight. On cue - they ripped on the first try saturday. Now Im upto $150 into proline. I have to say - everyone says redcat is crapppy cheapo stuff. The stock Boots - ripped , the fancy proline - ripped. The only set that has taken everything the Nero dishes out are my old RedCat Avalanche MT tires. Sooooo I ordered a set of RedCat Terremoto V2 MT wheels & tires. They are 6'5 MT tires and hopefully will look as fantastic as the super swampers. I am getting the feeling that the swampers - they had no direction to most - are not for speed and are for deep mud / crawling?

Very Interesting. I am new to this incredible hobby since December 2015. i bought a set of ProLine super swampers on impulse at my local hobby shop. They ballooned into scary pizza pies with my 50c 5400 Onyx 11.1v lips. then seconds later both fronts ripped open. I reglued and tried braided fishing line. That actually worked .......for about 45 seconds & then white foam.... so I bought a pair unassembled after reading about taping. I duck taped the tire and glued them and even waited overnight. On cue - they ripped on the first try saturday. Now Im upto $150 into proline. I have to say - everyone says redcat is crapppy cheapo stuff. The stock Boots - ripped , the fancy proline - ripped. The only set that has taken everything the Nero dishes out are my old RedCat Avalanche MT tires. Sooooo I ordered a set of RedCat Terremoto V2 MT wheels & tires. They are 6'5 MT tires and hopefully will look as fantastic as the super swampers. I am getting the feeling that the swampers - they had no direction to most - are not for speed and are for deep mud / crawling?

I understand your frustration.Unfortunately, the Nero is quite new and packed with a powerful motor and esc. Since you're new to the hobby, where do you run your 6s set-up? The stock tires are great with the 6s set-up. I bought these new tires for a 4s set-up meant for jumping and crawling . It really depends where you bash and what you do with the truck.

I understand your frustration.Unfortunately, the Nero is quite new and packed with a powerful motor and esc. Since you're new to the hobby, where do you run your 6s set-up? The stock tires are great with the 6s set-up. I bought these new tires for a 4s set-up meant for jumping and crawling . It really depends where you bash and what you do with the truck.
Yup. I see they are great for specific things. I run my trucks at Davenport park. Huge vista over about two miles of flat grass. Plus there's a pretty big parking lot when empty is great for a short race. There's a few other places here in New Rochelle NY. Skateboard park, two golf course parking lots, couple of soccer fields. I love to film with the GoPro when I'm racing my friends. Small jumps and racing each other pretty much sums up my fun.

Yup. I see they are great for specific things. I run my trucks at Davenport park. Huge vista over about two miles of flat grass. Plus there's a pretty big parking lot when empty is great for a short race. There's a few other places here in New Rochelle NY. Skateboard park, two golf course parking lots, couple of soccer fields. I love to film with the GoPro when I'm racing my friends. Small jumps and racing each other pretty much sums up my fun.
Then you should get the srt racing tires. They don't balloon, they're belted tires.

Can you link to the SRT tires you're talking about? Thanks
Belted tires are strictly on road. I do have SRC Terrain Crushers but they are teeny tiny and i would only use them for speed runs. My Terremoto V2 MT wheels&tires are on the way. I am betting they will be exactly what Im looking for.

Belted tires are strictly on road. I do have SRC Terrain Crushers but they are teeny tiny and i would only use them for speed runs. My Terremoto V2 MT wheels&tires are on the way. I am betting they will be exactly what Im looking for.
share a video when it comes, i would like to see it. Thanks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SWEEP-Road-...105798?hash=item35ef3e5306:g:mbcAAOSwDNdVxoy1

I use these tires for speed runs. You have to change your pinion to the max if you want speed. The circumference of the tires are smaller compared to stock, but they don't balloon.

I see they sell a terrain one as well. Do they all resist ballooning? How much smaller are they? If I wanted to run the on road or terrains, would I want to change gearing to avoid overheating?

I don't have the terrain one but I can take a picture of it on Friday. I'm currently out of town. I would recommend 20 pinion if ur running src tires.

These are belted tires, very minimal ballooning.

Also, it would not over heat if you leave the stock pinion gear. It will heat up as you put more gears.

I don't have the terrain one but I can take a picture of it on Friday. I'm currently out of town. I would recommend 20 pinion if ur running src tires.

These are belted tires, very minimal ballooning.

Also, it would not over heat if you leave the stock pinion gear. It will heat up as you put more gears.

Cool, thanks! I always thought you had to change gearing when you went with smaller diameter tires. I'm getting back into RC after an almost 15 year break so the cobwebs are pretty thick.

Cool, thanks! I always thought you had to change gearing when you went with smaller diameter tires. I'm getting back into RC after an almost 15 year break so the cobwebs are pretty thick.
I have a set of SRC Terrain Crushers. They are beltless and for off road & on road. Problem is they are small for an MT. They look good on a revo because its 1/10th but for speed runs - thats when I will throw them on the NERO...

Here's the comparison. Roughly 3/4" in height and 1/4" in width. Hope that helps you.

Attachments

• IMG_1660.JPG
    IMG_1660.JPG
    270 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1664.JPG
    IMG_1664.JPG
    220.3 KB · Views: 54
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back