Kraton Arrma not interested, Horizon are useless, Logic playing the blame game!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No sir I still have it they just sent it .. probably cause it’s the new v4 and expect some problems with it
It all depends who you talk to my buddy didn’t have to send his in a week later mine went and I had to send it in

From what I’ve read across multiple posts there seems to be a much better level of support in the US than elsewhere, such as in the UK.

So the road to my V4 Kraton has up until now, been relatively smooth with the only issues on my previous 4-off V3's being a cracked wheel and a poorly shimmed diff.

My V4 Kraton is another matter entirely!

I had one of the first, from the first delivery in the UK and maybe this is the problem being an early adopter, I've sure learned my lesson.

Out of the box the front end was lose, i'm not talking one bolt, I'm talking lots. I tightened them up and moved on as no damage was done, I'd caught it (or so i though). This was my first mistake.

First run and the new controller is tragic, lagging and unresponsive which i believe is the norm?

Steering is a disgrace, i put this down to the new servo saver......

After the second run i fancy some bling, not because i bash hard, but because i wanted my new RC to be the best it could be. So i replace the chassis braces with some great kit from Lee at Custom RC upgrades. When i remove the rear brace, its cracked (we all know why). Its at this point i contact Arrma directly. Again this doesn't matter as the chassis is flat and i don't need the part.

So i then change the Spektrum for a Tactic and have a single good run (back in love now).

The next run see's the lower arm ball screw back out, the drive shaft drop out and damage the diff and diff cup. The diff clicks now!

Now i contact Horizon and Logic as enough is enough, ow and i also copy in Arrma. Arrma are only interested in the servo saver, asking me to check if a washer is fitted, they blank all the other problems. Horizon tell me next time to buy straight from them. Logic say my car has obviously seen some rough and tumble and that they've not heard of any of the problems i am having.

I sold a very solid V3 Kraton, to create my now V3.5 Kraton. The support from Arrma, Horizon and Logic is frankly astonishing. I'm not sure what is going on, but everything seems to have slipped.

My advice to new owners, check everything (as you always should on any RTR), if your not happy at any stage regardless of if you can fix it, take it back straight away, forget trying to do the right things, as your loyalty will not be reciprocated.

I'm not sure where to turn with my truck, i just have zero confidence in it and nowhere to turn.
Lee's bling is copied from other people putting the work into creating in the first place. Not cool and tbh not that great either the braces don't cut it compared to the other stuff i use and it's expensive. Logic are a pile of crap you should of gone to horizon as logic rc don't give a poop about UK Arrma customer care compared to the level of service are American friends receive from Horizon USA. In general I've read loads of the same thing from people here in the UK ??. V4 is a step backwards if you ask me. The tower brace causes the chassis to bend in a strange way see Marcus Filip's comments on #arcouk to confirm what i write. He's designed a brace mount that deflects the shock or impact into a flexible brace mount. All of the other problems can be over come by giving the hole rig the once over out of the box every one knows this ready to run doesn't seem so anymore with Arrma. Since Horizon have been involved the quality seems to of gone down hill but we only have traxas to blame for this. ? ? ???#arcouk for all thing's Arrma the first and original UK Arrma Facebook group ??

The comment above about CustomRC copying designed; isn’t that what almost everyone does? HR, GKA, Voltatage, CRP all just copy arrmas design, make it out of aluminum and add some coolness. None of them for instance fix the flaw of the ridiculous wing mount going through the tower, mounting to another piece of plastic than the chassis brace...even making these parts out of aluminum you are still mounting all of it to the wing mount.

I'm very sorry you've had that experience. It is still mind blowing to me that it has become the norm in this hobby that when things break we turn to the manufacturer to make it right. Every RC I've ever purchased has been broken. And I've blamed nobody but myself and have fixed it. My Kraton has been through probably 3-4 sets of diffs. This isn't because Arrma did something wrong, it's because even well shimmed on 6S with a big pinion the diff's can only take so much.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't believe anybody should ever expect that they buy a hobby grade RC and it just works all the time without ever having to replace parts. If you don't break it every time you drive it then you aren't driving hard enough.

Outside of DOA electronics, that would be the only thing I would reach out to support for. But If I am bashing it right out of the box and it breaks in the first 5 minutes, that's on me. Also, especially with current RTR quality, the absolute first thing I do when I get a new RC is dig into the diffs and make sure they are shimmed and tight.

Horizon saved me one hundred $ or maybe a little bit more i kinda feel like poop about it but when 2 motor bearing blows? and other unlucky misshaps kinda feel bad but i learned my lesson change the stock bearings and trow a ceramic sealed front motor bearing

Horizon saved me one hundred $ or maybe a little bit more i kinda feel like poop about it but when 2 motor bearing blows? and other unlucky misshaps kinda feel bad but i learned my lesson change the stock bearings and trow a ceramic sealed front motor bearing
I didnt run the stock motor very long because I did not like the temps on 6s. Upgraded to a Leopard 4092. I've had that motor for 5 yrs and it's never let me down.

My advice to new owners, check everything (as you always should on any RTR), if your not happy at any stage regardless of if you can fix it, take it back straight away, forget trying to do the right things, as your loyalty will not be reciprocated.

wait i can return my RC? within my 3rd run my tire exploded and this car is a peace of poop. I'm pretty disappointed. I know i'm stuck with the batteries and charger, but i hate my v4 kraton and i hate Arrma at this point.

they suck so bad.

wait i can return my RC? within my 3rd run my tire exploded and this car is a peace of poop. I'm pretty disappointed. I know i'm stuck with the batteries and charger, but i hate my v4 kraton and i hate Arrma at this point.

they suck so bad.
Not sure if this is serious or trolling.....but you can likely work with the warranty folks to get replacement tires, I doubt they are gonna give you a full refund.

How did the tire explode? Did you flip it over and hold the throttle wide open? Or did it diff out and instead of letting off the throttle you kept it burried?

they suck so bad.
If you return your rc for a blown tire this is not the hobby for you. Good luck

If you return your rc for a blown tire this is not the hobby for you. Good luck

naa, the blown tire is just the tipping point. I think it's stupid to spend almost 1000 bucks on an RC that doesn't steer properly, doesn't brake, and blows tires on the third run, when this product is on it's 4th revision. I think most people would agree those are fair complaints.

no returns after you open the box.

but you're right. i'm going to list it locally for sale or donate it to some kid who can't afford it. My FPV's run in the air for the same amount of time that we go through 3x batteries on this stupid car.

I'm on a bit of scorched earth internet temper tantrum, but seriously no other product class would you accept such a below average product for almost 1000 bucks.

F Arrma.

ps. you guys have been massively awesome is trying to help us get started.

Cheers fellas.

When you get a Arrma new in the box its a great feeling, but one that is tempered with another feeling, a sort of "what's going to be the issues with this one" feeling. It sucks but its true lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back