Arrma Notorious Motown glam!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yas

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Notorious
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Typhon 3s
First go at painting a full body shell! I used CoreRC polycarbonate paints. Pretty happy with the results. Let me know what you think ??

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200610181412892_COVER~2.jpg

Metallic silver backed with a true chrome

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200610181446230_COVER~2.jpg

IMG_20200609_184556~2.jpg

Better move cat!

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200610181137920_COVER~2.jpg

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200610180811373_COVER~2.jpg

Looking slammed

IMG-20200610-WA0005~2.jpg

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200610183148952_COVER~2.jpg

Some imperfections but still learning for next time. Link to my build log:

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/arrma-notorious-6s-build-log-full-upgrade-list.23182/

Paint looks nice. I have a set of those Road Rage 3.8 too. How do you like them? They don’t hook for me. I use them at the skate park so I don’t break wheels that I actually like. ??

Paint looks nice. I have a set of those Road Rage 3.8 too. How do you like them? They don’t hook for me. I use them at the skate park so I don’t break wheels that I actually like. ??
Thanks mate ?? if I'm honest, I only like the look of them. They balloon a lot, and what's surprising is my set of Shockwaves grip better on dry asphalt than these do ?

Where the Road Rages really shine is on WET asphalt (although I prefer to run in the dry). I was surprised by this until I realised that wet tyres in real motorsport such as F1 have a similar tread pattern

Thanks mate ?? if I'm honest, I only like the look of them. They balloon a lot, and what's surprising is my set of Shockwaves grip better on dry asphalt than these do ?

Where the Road Rages really shine is on WET asphalt (although I prefer to run in the dry). I was surprised by this until I realised that wet tyres in real motorsport such as F1 have a similar tread pattern
Maybe they would be a good drag tire ??‍♂️

Looks great and because you painted it you will always see the imperfections where as I might not see them
Just finished my first and I see all the imperfections

Sweet Man! Silver is one of my favorite colors, RC or 1:1!

First go at painting a full body shell! I used CoreRC polycarbonate paints. Pretty happy with the results. Let me know what you think ??

View attachment 85096

Metallic silver backed with a true chrome

View attachment 85097

View attachment 85098

Better move cat!

View attachment 85099

View attachment 85100

Looking slammed

View attachment 85101

View attachment 85102

Some imperfections but still learning for next time. Link to my build log:

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/arrma-notorious-6s-build-log-full-upgrade-list.23182/
Not a fan of the red, kinda clashes with the other colours, other than that it looks good.

@Yas you still around? On another thread I was asking what a Notorious would like like with street tires. @a2lowvw pointed me to this thread, and I feel like I've hit the jackpot. Can I ask you about handling? We're planning on an Outcast 6S EXB (more to the story) so we can bash in the yard and park. But my youngest wants something that can skid around on pavement and dirt and not be at risk of rolling over (and looks good in the process). He's not really after max traction, but kind of the opposite. Do you think this arrangement you have is not prone to rolling over in those conditions? Sounds like these particular tires might balloon too much, so maybe these aren't the exact wheels we would get, but they look great. We would buy the Noto body separately.

The paint job is amazing. I wasn't even thinking silver, but now that I've seen it, gotta find a way to duplicate it.

@Yas you still around? On another thread I was asking what a Notorious would like like with street tires. @a2lowvw pointed me to this thread, and I feel like I've hit the jackpot. Can I ask you about handling? We're planning on an Outcast 6S EXB (more to the story) so we can bash in the yard and park. But my youngest wants something that can skid around on pavement and dirt and not be at risk of rolling over (and looks good in the process). He's not really after max traction, but kind of the opposite. Do you think this arrangement you have is not prone to rolling over in those conditions? Sounds like these particular tires might balloon too much, so maybe these aren't the exact wheels we would get, but they look great. We would buy the Noto body separately.

The paint job is amazing. I wasn't even thinking silver, but now that I've seen it, gotta find a way to duplicate it.
Hi mate! Yes I'm still here, mostly lurking 👻

The Outcast is easily one of the most fun RCs in the lineup. It's the king when it comes to wheelies and backflips. However, if you're planning on drifting it, it will be a real challenge. SWB chassis cars would rather stay planted. The front will more than likely lift before the back kicks out. It will also understeer more than oversteer, especially the OC with it's wide stance. On the other hand, LWB cars such as the Infraction and Mojave, are far easier to break traction and hold a drift

The times I've been able to drift my Noto has been with these PL Road Rage tyres and on wet asphalt and short grass. They do balloon a bit, but they are nice and light compared to other off road tyres, and much lighter than any belted tyres (of the same size). Light tyres are better for bashing IMO. They have less rotational mass and are easier on the diffs

If you'd rather skid around than hold a line, I would pick a tyre that aren't knobbly like the stock Backflips, similar to these, then tune the diffs (and maybe the suspension) to how you like it and where you'll mostly be running it. It will be trial and error, but by judging on what you want the OC to do, it may need it if you feel it isn't breaking traction like you want it to. Having said this, if you're new to RC, I would advise to just run the truck and enjoy it for how it is before looking in to tuning it and changing it's characteristics

You'll be happy with the OC either way not matter what you do with it. They're tough as nails and will pop the front up like a happy little puppy 🐶 bear in mind though it is a 6S truck and may not ideal for beginners. I think the manual recommends ages 14+. They are quite hefty, have a surprising punch in power and they really do carry a presence 💪

Last edited:
@Yas Hey, thanks for the tips from across the pond. We were hoping to get two types of uses. In stock form, the wheelie/flipper crazy stuff, easier to have fun without a giant space. And then some of that drifting action as a bonus if we got lucky. Sounds like drifting might not be its thing. To your point, if we go for the smallest diameter and lightest tires that will reasonably fit, and a hard /non-grippy compound, maybe it will at least turn into some type of slider, even if not exactly drifting.

I was thinking about what makes the OC a wheelie machine compared to the Typhon 6S, which apparently has the same chassis. For the Typhon I figure it's the lower center of gravity, the less rotational force from the tires, and maybe a little less traction with the Typhon rear tires. And we've been reading about how the center diff plays a role (the OC will have the LSD).

I think the looks contributes a lot to the fun factor, and for me you nailed it with that Noto.

We've had a few months now with our Vorteks and then the Granite. Both are great. Here lately the Granite has been the go-to because of the taller grass. The kid has been pushing its boundaries more and more, eventually something big will break.

update: hmm now I'm thinking we should get some slicks for the Vorteks, and let that become his slider. It also has a SWB so not good for drifting, and won't look nearly as cool as a Noto body, but it might be what the doctor ordered.

another update, found this youtube video on the Vorteks with Hoons. I'd say not bad looking, as in great. And when my kid wants to go for max speed, he could turn up the AVC to help not lose control, and gradually dial it back down. Then we can leave the OC in bash mode.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back