Notorious Arrma Notorious Review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PowerRC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
Just some personal thoughts on my new Arrma Notorious....
Before buying this truck i had done a lot of research! didn't wanna spend 800 dollars said on done (Canadian dollar LOL RELAX) on something i wouldn't be pleased with so i took my time. most of my comparisons and contenders for my wallet were the armma Notorious/outkast, the traxxas e revo 2.0, or the tekno mt6410. As we already know i went with the Notorious.

First thoughts-
IT CAT WALKS ALOT!!!! i started with 6s with the small pinion in and wow it just doesn't stay down, but not to worry i wouldn't call this a problem quite fun actually. Moving on... i got bored of the small gear and threw the big one in..... you already know what that did, i can be 3 quarter throttle across the field and hammer it and it'll stand up still, very exciting!!

Pros:
-The truck stock is very fast, beyond enough power for a basher and jumping and all, if your looking for pavement runner just stay away lol.
-truck is nice, very good looking nice red accents (No body)
-Comes well put together, no loose screws, no loose connections
-Body is tough, quite thick and tucks in good at the front and back, won't get yanked on when flipping.( also when sliding the top skid bar tends to catch and throw the truck back onto its wheels)
- Wheels are nice for a stock kit, very big, and nice tread to dig in (Just a little smaller then the trencher 40 series, and thinner)
- Battery tray can hold a good variety

Cons:
-The truck is not waterproof... the Esc is, and the motor is, but the receiver box will get water in it. Don't be fooled, it is water resistant but completely sealed...
- The wing is dumb, catches half the time you wheelie, first ten minutes running it i flipped the truck and ripped it off on the grass (Stripped the screws that hold it)
- This "Arrma Tough" needs to chill. i haven't even bashed hard, broke an arm on a small bump off an object and snapped the wheelie bar landing on it on soft gravel
( breaks will be in pics)
- Spektrum connectors.. Not really a con, but who really has those lol and how many of us really got an 80W solder gun to redo connectors. (the esc has thick gauge wire )
- NOTE THIS- if your getting the truck and getting batteries to , DO NOT get soft case, the notorious beats the s*** out of soft case, i put foam under them, wrap them in a sock and use cardboard were the tray holds them... that helped lmao!!!! just go hard case.

( Couple pictures show my breaks, arm, wheelie bar , and one shows he water that has been getting in receiver box)

Conclusion,
I love the truck, Arrma is a newer brand and becoming well respected considering they tend to tackle there problems head first and fix them. there prices are fair, and there RCs are well built. i feel there are some soft spots and maybe some extra parts (like the wing) they could eliminate to save on the build for other stronger parts, but i wouldn't hesitate to say they could be the best. for the notorious, I'm happy with my choice, i will be bring in some aluminum parts to help strengthen the truck, if anyones got any suggestions let me know.

Attachments

• IMG_1097.jpeg
    IMG_1097.jpeg
    469.3 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_1096.jpeg
    IMG_1096.jpeg
    624.2 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_1095.jpeg
    IMG_1095.jpeg
    694.2 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_1099.jpeg
    IMG_1099.jpeg
    304.2 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_1092.jpeg
    IMG_1092.jpeg
    381.5 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_1093.jpeg
    IMG_1093.jpeg
    347 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_1094.jpeg
    IMG_1094.jpeg
    409.2 KB · Views: 141
Just some personal thoughts on my new Arrma Notorious....
Before buying this truck i had done a lot of research! didn't wanna spend 800 dollars said on done (Canadian dollar LOL RELAX) on something i wouldn't be pleased with so i took my time. most of my comparisons and contenders for my wallet were the armma Notorious/outkast, the traxxas e revo 2.0, or the tekno mt6410. As we already know i went with the Notorious.

First thoughts-
IT CAT WALKS ALOT!!!! i started with 6s with the small pinion in and wow it just doesn't stay down, but not to worry i wouldn't call this a problem quite fun actually. Moving on... i got bored of the small gear and threw the big one in..... you already know what that did, i can be 3 quarter throttle across the field and hammer it and it'll stand up still, very exciting!!

Pros:
-The truck stock is very fast, beyond enough power for a basher and jumping and all, if your looking for pavement runner just stay away lol.
-truck is nice, very good looking nice red accents (No body)
-Comes well put together, no loose screws, no loose connections
-Body is tough, quite thick and tucks in good at the front and back, won't get yanked on when flipping.( also when sliding the top skid bar tends to catch and throw the truck back onto its wheels)
- Wheels are nice for a stock kit, very big, and nice tread to dig in (Just a little smaller then the trencher 40 series, and thinner)
- Battery tray can hold a good variety

Cons:
-The truck is not waterproof... the Esc is, and the motor is, but the receiver box will get water in it. Don't be fooled, it is water resistant but completely sealed...
- The wing is dumb, catches half the time you wheelie, first ten minutes running it i flipped the truck and ripped it off on the grass (Stripped the screws that hold it)
- This "Arrma Tough" needs to chill. i haven't even bashed hard, broke an arm on a small bump off an object and snapped the wheelie bar landing on it on soft gravel
( breaks will be in pics)
- Spektrum connectors.. Not really a con, but who really has those lol and how many of us really got an 80W solder gun to redo connectors. (the esc has thick gauge wire )
- NOTE THIS- if your getting the truck and getting batteries to , DO NOT get soft case, the notorious beats the s*** out of soft case, i put foam under them, wrap them in a sock and use cardboard were the tray holds them... that helped lmao!!!! just go hard case.

( Couple pictures show my breaks, arm, wheelie bar , and one shows he water that has been getting in receiver box)

Conclusion,
I love the truck, Arrma is a newer brand and becoming well respected considering they tend to tackle there problems head first and fix them. there prices are fair, and there RCs are well built. i feel there are some soft spots and maybe some extra parts (like the wing) they could eliminate to save on the build for other stronger parts, but i wouldn't hesitate to say they could be the best. for the notorious, I'm happy with my choice, i will be bring in some aluminum parts to help strengthen the truck, if anyones got any suggestions let me know.
Good choice. My Notorious is one of my favorite Arrmas. Just got back from a bash with it and my sons Outcast. Alot of wheelies, standing backflips, jumps and cart wheels.

Upgrade i recommend is the radio. I also upgraded front steering blocks and a fan motor.
Aluminum Steering Blocks Hd Bearings: Kraton Outcast (HRAAON21M01)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back