Notorious Arrma notorious

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rbftp83

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey, guys so I took a pretty hard landing and after it my car was making like a ticking noise I checked the rig to make sure there wasn't any rocks like stuck under outdrives or shafts and it was clear im thinking it must be internal. I'm just wondering if anyone has any ideas on diagnosis before I start ripping it apart. Oh and I did just rebuild all diffs possibly one came loose maybe?
Here's a video
Here's a video
I can't seem to figure out how to share a video
https://photos.app.goo.gl/7hjaHsKgoC6n54Rm9
https://photos.app.goo.gl/J9UV8ZLa3oXrEeQNA
Sorry I'm really not great with this its the second link on post.

Last edited:
Definitely sounds like you lost a tooth of the ring gear..(crown) or pinion.. (input)

That last full pull as it touched down most likely did it in.. time to pull that puppy down unfortunately.. The way it landed I'd suspect the damage is in the rear.. let us know what you find..👍

Go through a nice shimming session as well.. it can help in SOME of those circumstances if you can get your diffs setup nicely... It's not a fix all for a hit like that at full song, but it would help tremendously.. you may even say, wow, I can't believe it's not broken... 🤣

Good luck buddy, keep us posted..

Ooph.. try to let off the throttle before you land. Will save alot of headache down the line 👍

Maybe up the punch once your diffs are sorted so you can rotate faster. A couple shims on the ring side might save it, long as you didn't actually lose any teeth. My bet is the rear as well.

Thanks guys I was trying to do a nice slow rotation on the back flip and not really sure why I punched it when I landed guess I got excited, lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back