Arrma optional springs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Has anybody tried these optional springs? Want to try them but not sure if I should get the 65 or 75mm ones. Hot Racing also has some. If anyone has experience with those, that feedback would also be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Screenshot_20170313-232913.png

I have the gold ones from hot racing. The suspension is still plush, and it does bottom out from
High jumps, but the car stands a little higher and does not squat so much in the rear. I must say my preload is also pretty high, but it works okay. I'm happy with them.

Thanks @Jestone1. If I converted correctly, the 503 gf/mm arrma ones equate to 28.17 lb/in. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. The gold Hot Racing ones are listed as 21.6. Would that extra stiffness of the optional Arrma ones be helpful you think or do the golds seem to be about right?

I have to say I know only metric/european so I just guess you're right. To tell you the truth I just looked the description up from hot racing and they said it would make it squat a little less. Was all I needed. Would not want my suspension too stiff.

I have the 75mm Arrma springs on my Big Rock, and I like them. Definitely helps with the rear end squat and requires less pre-load to get them just right. Now that I've got them dialed in, I swear the rock flies better in the air too (lot less nose dives than I would get with the stock springs no matter how I adjusted them).

@CrossRC
Do you have already mounted the Hobao spring cups? In my BR the cups are expand the preload of the original springs around 10mm.
But I am not an basher, so I can't say that the mod makes a big difference while hard jumping.

No - not using the Hobao cups (stock cups have been fine for me). Have moved shocks to the third hole in and the stock cups come very close to the rockers, but don't seem to hit. I can confirm that I've done plenty of "hard jumping" on the new springs :) With big air and landings bad enough to slightly bend one of the vertical chassis plates - but zero damage to shocks or spring cups. Must say I'm impressed with the rock's ruggedness as its my first serious RC and I've put that thing through hell.

Ive only had one of those original cups come a bit undone once, and that was before moving them to the third hole :)

Inwould like the hobao cups because they dongive you a lot more space to adjust preload.

Ionee, you're in Germany right, are those cups available over there? In netherlands not really

I have the 75mm Arrma springs on my Big Rock, and I like them. Definitely helps with the rear end squat and requires less pre-load to get them just right. Now that I've got them dialed in, I swear the rock flies better in the air too (lot less nose dives than I would get with the stock springs no matter how I adjusted them).
Thanks for the feedback. Good to know!

@Jestone1
Yes, I found the cups at an Modellbau Fuchs, maybe you can also order at Modellbaucentfr-Bochum. The have sometimes also models from Hobao in the shop.
I moved the shocks at first more to the middle because I found the videos from manny garage.
While I had visited Fuchs I saw the cups as an repair set on the stock wall. So I took one package.
I used the original shock rod ends and with a little pressure it fits. I did not remove the shocks while mounting the cups, I just removed the screw from the shock rod end to the rocker arm. I turned the adjustment nut to the end of the shocks and tried after replacing the cups turning back to the position before but 10mm preload more are a lot.

@Ionee

I have ordered a set of the hobao cups through eBay out of the UK, was comparable with postage etc.

I would like to try them! Unfortunately one of my axle carriers in the rear broke. ordered a set of 4 hot racing carriers from rc-race-shop, also German ;)

Yes I know these shop. But he had less stuff from Hot Racing on stock....
If he had some on stock like servo-safer-aluminium parts.... I had honest to think about. My wallet is too small! ;)

If I follow the "will have" I would buy the servo parts incl. holder and the wheel hubs front and back.
Depend the rocker arms, I prefer the GKA arms. They are more stable and allows no flex inside the arms itself.

My girlfriend (Nero blue) and me are agreed just to modify the parts if the original will be broken.
In her case the pushrods (now tuning part for Traxxas) which she had destroyed by the first crash on the first run...
Ice and snow plus 6S plus small parking area and an rc-biest like nothing other out of the box....
No good composition! ;)

Regards,
lonee

Uh, you break the rocker arms already? We have no issues with it till yet.
I am thinking about to make the arms by myself. In my mind is a kind of picture with carbon plate for upper and lower side and a part of aluminium between them. Like a sandwich! ;)

But first I have to design 24mm Wheel adapter that I could mount 1:5 wheels onto the Nero without changing the original 17mm hubs.
I like to have the option to mount other 17mm rims without changing the hubs all the time...

But thats depend of the time I can spend for "playing". So many other things are taking time so much that my playtime is reduced to a minimum. Actual I doing Telephone support for my company (thats why i can write in the forum ;) )

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back