Outcast Arrma outcast 4s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emery Hall

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 4s
Hey guys. Do I know this is an arrma thread and I might get some gate from this post but I need you alls opinion. Ok gear me out, I have an arrma outcast 4s and it breaks ALL the tome and it really annoys me. Km thinking about selling it and getting something like a Traxxas Maxx. Do any of y’all know where I should sell it, should I sell it, or is the Traxxas Maxx good?

I hear the Maxx is much better than anything arrma has in its 4s line up. I’ll take that problem off your hands and fund you $200 towards a Traxxas.

You could list it for sale here in the classifieds. Selliing it is up to you. And to answer your 3rd question, Yes the Maxx is a good truck, but be prepared to shell out $500+ for that rig. Go on YouTube, there are numerous vids there.

Might want to consider the Redcat Kaiju, good money for value getting 6s at same price as the 4s arrma line.

I hear the Maxx is much better than anything arrma has in its 4s line up. I’ll take that problem off your hands and fund you $200 towards a Traxxas.
[/QUOTE what do you mean by “fund you $200 dollars towards a Traxxas”. If you mean buy it for $200 I’m not sure. I have two 2s batteries, new 4s shocks all around, T bone racing front bumper, and rpm arms all around. The thing is the pinion gear has either stripped or popped out because the motor will go but tires no go and it sounds like it’s coming from the pinion.
Might want to consider the Redcat Kaiju, good money for value getting 6s at same price as the 4s arrma line.
I have seen very little about the kaiju. I will look into it but am a little skeptical about the aftermarket and being tough out the box. I have a Redcat volcano epx converted to 2s brushless, aluminum chassis and knuckles but it always send dogbones either to the moon or at a 90 degree angle

Last edited:
Had the same problem fix the slipper and everything was good not worth getting rid of
And replace bearings with sealed

what exactly is breaking all the time? something don't work out of the box or you keep crashing into concrete and it breaks all the time? a bit more info maybe the forum members can help you out?

Sorry man I was kidding around about the $200. There has been a lot of back and forth on 4s models and the durability that comes with it. I for one am over that discussion.

There are a few steps mentioned above to get you on track. Slipper fix, bearings, new radio. Always top fixes for 4s line.

Have you checked your slipper? It gets to be too loose. Very common issue with 4s.

I don’t think it is the slipper. I might make a new thread with a video showing what it sounds like.

If it's just the pinion gear it's just as easy, I had that problem on my very first day and I didn't have a clue about brushless RCs.

Put some loctite on the little grub screw and it should be fine. I've since had about 10 packs through it, pinion gear still stuck to the motor shaft.

If it's just the pinion gear it's just as easy, I had that problem on my very first day and I didn't have a clue about brushless RCs.

Put some loctite on the little grub screw and it should be fine. I've since had about 10 packs through it, pinion gear still stuck to the motor shaft.
If that’s the issue then as @ph47mf said then the fix is simple. Check to see if the grub screw is still there and check for tightness. Blue loctite and let it cure for 24hrs to be safe. It’s crazy the quality control with loctite. Too much or not enough it seems. :LOL:

Check how the motor shaft spins as well to ensure motor bearings are still good.

what exactly is breaking all the time? something don't work out of the box or you keep crashing into concrete and it breaks all the time? a bit more info maybe the forum members can help you out?
Different things are breaking. The day I got it the rear arms broke, then my front bumper broke, then my rear shock mount broke, then my rear turnbuckles broke and finally most recently I think my pinion gear has either stripped or popped out of place. I don’t think I drive it too hard. I hit small jumps, backflips and Just general driving around. Compared to what I have seen other people bash the same truck mine breaks on the most mellow and easy stuff.

I am not new to the hobby but have a lot of trouble dealing with technical electrical repairs. I think I have an idea where the pinion gear is but I just don’t know how to get to it

This video is for 3s but looks the same to our car. Give it a try.

In all honesty our cars are good for bashing but the bad landings really don't help, I break stuff too, almost always to do with me being over ambitious with the throttle.

Let us know how you get on.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back