Outcast Arrma Outcast 4x4 4S BLX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Guys

i hope you are all well and staying safe

i have a question... i have recently purchased an Arrma Outcast 4s BLX.

The problem i have is that it constantly wheelies over half throttle... is there a fix or a mod that will help this situation, i know you cant full throttle from the get go with this as it will flip but even when up to speed and you come on full throttle it will still wheelie, i have heard that people do change the shock oil and this will help to some degree, are there any other options or can anyone recommend a good set of shocks and oil for this truck to help with the wheelie and cornering stability ?

Regards
Jordan
That’s the nature of the beast. It’s a stunt truck. People love wheelies. It delivers. ??‍♂️

wont that effect the braking ?

Indeed it does, i was just wondering if there was a way of Taming it :)
I have the Kraton 4S and at anything near 45mph on high traction surfaces it will wheelie with the slightest throttle input. I’m using an 18T pinion and that’s probably just too much gearing for the platform ride height and overall tire size.

I have the Kraton 4S and at anything near 45mph on high traction surfaces it will wheelie with the slightest throttle input. I’m using an 18T pinion and that’s probably just too much gearing for the platform ride height and overall tire size.

so the short answer is there isn't away of taming it . hahah

your finger is the taming factor...? throttle control is key.. roll the throttle slower, or blip it.. each blip pull further and further until its full song.. ?

your finger is the taming factor...? throttle control is key.. roll the throttle slower, or blip it.. each blip pull further and further until its full song.. ?
What gearing are you running in your OC4S @Camaroboy383 ? You seem to have pretty good control of yours on the track. Wondering how close to full throttle you get on the long jump. I would assume you get all the way into it when you are able to clear that jump.

stock gearing, 13t... she is all in right around the blue poles in the video's. usually just after them.. ? i ran a 15t for a little while, but went back to 13t... the 15t was to tall for the close quarter track and skate parks.. top speed for me always comes faster with quick blips over a slow roll..

stock gearing, 13t... she is all in right around the blue poles in the video's. usually just after them.. ? i ran a 15t for a little while, but went back to 13t... the 15t was to tall for the close quarter track and skate parks.. top speed for me always comes faster with quick blips over a slow roll..
Ok that makes sense. I never ran mine that low. I;ve gone down to 15T, but usually run at 18T. No chance getting WOT on 18T on any high grip surface, but its nice to have the wheel speed for flips ✌

so the short answer is there isn't away of taming it . hahah
You can untight the slipper 0.25 turn at the time use the slipper holes to see what 0.25 and 0.50 turn is changing the punch for me is really quite extreme its completly differant how it handles yesterday from punch 3 to 4 i started to hear my slipper whining while on punch 3 it was quiet
Its going to be better for you drivetrain also

Ok that makes sense. I never ran mine that low. I;ve gone down to 15T, but usually run at 18T. No chance getting WOT on 18T on any high grip surface, but its nice to have the wheel speed for flips ✌
and what about the heat with an 18t pinion ? because I have a 20t in it now ? and it gets quite warm sometimes.
depends on the tires if it turns off and what I do ?
get a GPS meter this week "to see how fast he is going"
but after that i want a lower gear

and what about the heat with an 18t pinion ? because I have a 20t in it now ? and it gets quite warm sometimes.
depends on the tires if it turns off and what I do ?
get a GPS meter this week "to see how fast he is going"
but after that i want a lower gear
I run a motor fan of course which helps, but it does get a little hot with summer temps and running a lot of WOT. I just pay attention during the hot months and try my best to not let it get too hot. I don't recommend running 18T and not paying attention. It will overheat.

well I pay close attention now ?
had first belted Proline trencher and then he stopped after a few minutes ? so now regular tires and that goes a lot better ? and let him cool down a bit when I put in a new battery?

I just want to know how fast he goes with a 20t.
then I go back to a 17t and hope it doesn't get that hot.
because I have the idea that he will be fed up.
and I also want to try a 27t ?

I also have a fan on my motorcycle ? but I have been hesitant to put one on or is that a bit exaggerated?

well I pay close attention now ?
had first belted Proline trencher and then he stopped after a few minutes ? so now regular tires and that goes a lot better ? and let him cool down a bit when I put in a new battery?

I just want to know how fast he goes with a 20t.
then I go back to a 17t and hope it doesn't get that hot.
because I have the idea that he will be fed up.
and I also want to try a 27t ?

I also have a fan on my motorcycle ? but I have been hesitant to put one on or is that a bit exaggerated?
Why not 29T ??‍♂️

✌?

well because this motor mount indicates a 27t ?
but I don't use this and I have the adjustable one from arrma in it ? because the spur gear is crooked when I use it ?
but if that fits then it will become a 29t

Attachments

• IMG_20200414_173855.jpg
    IMG_20200414_173855.jpg
    452 KB · Views: 47
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back