Outcast ARRMA Outcast 6s BLX - Tips tricks and vids

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maiden run..what a BEAST. Some setup talk first

I'm "Brad Adamski" on YouTube, and just wanna thank you again for pushing me to buy this thing with your positive words. Helped me pull the trigger before it went out of stock!

And again - great video for sure.

GoPro or not, great video. I've seen your other awesome videos at that bash spot and they've inspired me to search out bigger/better terrain. Outcast looks well balanced and ideal for "stunt driving", going to show the guys who run my local hobby store. They're just started selling Arrma about a week ago. I wanted to hug the shop owner, but he wasn't around, yes...that happy!

Nice!!! How is the outcast setup? If you don't mind me asking? Springs, shock oil, gearing? ...thanks Mike

Nice stuff Thomas P. That short wheelie onto the jump face got it tossed nicely. Just took maiden voyage with new Outcast today, Beast indeed! Can't wait to hit big terrain with this little monster. I need a GoPro, can you recommend one that won't break the bank but still work well for vids? I'm low tech, but ready to learn. Have great terrain to conquer in Placer County, CA, but want to capture the action to share later.
IMG_20161127_130651915_HDR.jpg

Thomas i can only set my punch setting to 4 using the ESC programming. Is there a trick to setting it on 9 or do i need to buy a progranming card?

Thomas i can only set my punch setting to 4 using the ESC programming. Is there a trick to setting it on 9 or do i need to buy a progranming card?

No, i use the set button..after 4 beebs..it beeps 1 LONG..for 5..nr 6 is Long beep and a short...7 Long beep and 2 shorter and so on

No, i use the set button..after 4 beebs..it beeps 1 LONG..for 5..nr 6 is Long beep and a short...7 Long beep and 2 shorter and so on

I discovered this tonight, whilst prepping the car for the big day (Christmas morning)
It's not documented in the manual.

A long beep = 5

Eg. A long beep followed by 4 short beeps is equal to 9

Out of the box, the punch is set to 4.

On my vehicle stand, I popped in a single 3S 5800mAh 60C pack, and experimented with punch settings 1 & 9.
With punch setting 1, if I mash the trigger down, I timed about 1.0 seconds for the tires to reach full speed.
With the punch set to 9, the power seems instant! The Outcast tried to pop a wheelie and jump off the stand!!!

Someone commented that you need the 6S/16T pinion to do stunts, but many of those YouTube videos the Outcast looks out of control!

I think anyone who is running 4S could try punch setting 9, to see if it helps to do stunts in a more elegant(?) and manageable fashion.

On another point, why would one want to increase or decrease the brake strength?

Last edited:
I discovered this tonight, whilst prepping the car for the big day (Christmas morning)
It's not documented in the manual.

A long beep = 5

Eg. A long beep followed by 4 short beeps is equal to 9

Out of the box, the punch is set to 4.

On my vehicle stand, I popped in a single 3S 5800mAh 60C pack, and experienced with punch settings 1 & 9.
(Default is 4)
With punch setting 1, if you mash the trigger down, I timed about 1.0 seconds for the tires to reach full speed.
With the punch set to 9, the Outcast tried to pop a wheelie and jump off the stand!!!

I think anyone who is running 4S could try punch setting 9 before changing to the 16T pinion, and see if
it helps do stunts, in an elegant and manageable fashion.

Someone commented that you need the 6S/16T pinion, but in those videos the Outcast often looks out of control.

On another point, why would one want to increase or decrease the brake strength?
Back flips, with those massive wheels, need some good strength power.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back