Outcast ARRMA Outcast 6s BLX - Tips tricks and vids

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I discovered this tonight, whilst prepping the car for the big day (Christmas morning)
It's not documented in the manual.

A long beep = 5

Eg. A long beep followed by 4 short beeps is equal to 9

Out of the box, the punch is set to 4.

On my vehicle stand, I popped in a single 3S 5800mAh 60C pack, and experimented with punch settings 1 & 9.
With punch setting 1, if I mash the trigger down, I timed about 1.0 seconds for the tires to reach full speed.
With the punch set to 9, the power seems instant! The Outcast tried to pop a wheelie and jump off the stand!!!

Someone commented that you need the 6S/16T pinion to do stunts, but many of those YouTube videos the Outcast looks out of control!

I think anyone who is running 4S could try punch setting 9, to see if it helps to do stunts in a more elegant(?) and manageable fashion.

On another point, why would one want to increase or decrease the brake strength?
The manual is vague at best. Good for finding part numbers. Reminds me of instructions for cheap furniture assembly with Lego like pictograms....Lol.

can you post a video of the punch setting please

Thomas i can only set my punch setting to 4 using the ESC programming. Is there a trick to setting it on 9 or do i need to buy a progranming card?
so can you post a video I cant seem to get my big rock I guess I'm just to old

I discovered this tonight, whilst prepping the car for the big day (Christmas morning)
It's not documented in the manual.

A long beep = 5

Eg. A long beep followed by 4 short beeps is equal to 9

Out of the box, the punch is set to 4.

On my vehicle stand, I popped in a single 3S 5800mAh 60C pack, and experimented with punch settings 1 & 9.
With punch setting 1, if I mash the trigger down, I timed about 1.0 seconds for the tires to reach full speed.
With the punch set to 9, the power seems instant! The Outcast tried to pop a wheelie and jump off the stand!!!

Someone commented that you need the 6S/16T pinion to do stunts, but many of those YouTube videos the Outcast looks out of control!

I think anyone who is running 4S could try punch setting 9, to see if it helps to do stunts in a more elegant(?) and manageable fashion.

On another point, why would one want to increase or decrease the brake strength?
cant seem to figure it out all I get is 4 fast red beeps

Question about the brakes...newb question here; seeing as the truck doesn't actually have brakes, when you 'brake', what mechanical forces are applied to slow/stop driveshaft rotation?
I don't have my truck yet so maybe this question would have already answered itself if I did.

Last edited:
So I assume the ESC slows the RPM's of the spur gear, something akin to downshifting In a real car - thereby effectively 'compressing' the motor (but at a very fast rate)? The gears do not spin in the opposite direction, do they?

So I assume the ESC slows the RPM's of the spur gear, something akin to downshifting In a real car - thereby effectively 'compressing' the motor (but at a very fast rate)? The gears do not spin in the opposite direction, do they?

The various methods of braking an electrical BLDC motor is probably beyond the scope of this discussion.

But for practical purposes, the ESC prevents the electrical motor from going forwards to backwards:

The ESC slows the motor down and brings it to a stop. After that, you must release the throttle on the transmitter, and engage it again before you can go in reverse.

It's kind of like dynamic braking on a locomotive. They use the electric motor to slow the train down so not to overheat the brakes

Nice vid.
Like the idea of 100K cst in the front diff.
How did you know your piston was cracked in the shock? Was oil leaking from the shock?
I was thinking about going yellow springs on all 4 corners, as I will be using 1200 and 1300 cst shock oil. I am thinking the combination of oil that viscous and the orange springs might be too stiff?

Last edited:
Maiden run..what a BEAST. Some setup talk first

Hi Thomas P. You mentioned in this video that you were running 150k oil in your center differential. I can't find 150k oil anywhere, only 100k or 200k. Any idea where I could find 150k?

Thanks!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back