Outcast Arrma Outcast 6s Quality

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamie H

Reaction score
Hey guys. I haven't been in the rc scene for a while now. I used to run nitro years ago. I want to buy an 6s truck. I have read so many one sided conversations on this and that and Traxxas is better, then Arrma is better. I LOVE the looks of the outcast. Can everyone please be honest and give me pros and cons of the outcast. Compared to Traxxas, is there a clear winner? I just plan to bash around and have fun, while trying not to destroy it. Your thoughts??????

I have the outcast and have had traxxas for the past 20 years. I no longer have traxxas and am arrma 100%. There are some things I wish arrma would make stronger like the pins in the diff other then that I beat the hell out of it and haven’t spent much on upkeep. I’ve replaced servo mount with HR mount and rpm front bumper and that’s it. SOLID TRUCK sons kraton will be here soon FYI

I couldn't tell you compared to any other brand. The Outcast/Notorious is a fun truck, but can also be frustrating to drive. The short wheelbase causes it to spend most of it's time on 2 wheels and can be a little unstable. But like anything, it gets better with practice.
For me none of the cons outweigh the fun. In fact, some of the cons are what make it so much fun. That little truck is an insane beast.

I couldn't tell you compared to any other brand. The Outcast/Notorious is a fun truck, but can also be frustrating to drive. The short wheelbase causes it to spend most of it's time on 2 wheels and can be a little unstable. But like anything, it gets better with practice.
For me none of the cons outweigh the fun. In fact, the cons are what make it so much fun. That little truck is an insane beast.
Definitely a learning curve to drive this truck but with patience it will do and take anything you throw at it...

I beat the hell out of my Notorious and Kraton and the only thing I've really broken are the A-arms when it gets Michigan cold outside, but that's to be expected.
How is the Spektrum radio? Haven't heard many good things....
How is the Spektrum radio? Haven't heard many good things....
Get a V3 at Amain hobby's they have a few scratch and dent models for under $400 and get come with the tech radio

So, if you had the money to buy one rc, which one would you buy for bashing and all around fun. Outcast, E Revo, Kraton, X Maxx, or another, and why?

Like many others, I ran Traxxas for years and now only own Arrma.

You can get a v3 6s Outcast for 399 at amain. There is no Traxxas on earth that can offer that much power at that or even close to that price point.

So, if you had the money to buy one rc, which one would you buy for bashing and all around fun. Outcast, E Revo, Kraton, X Maxx, or another, and why?
If I had to get rid of all of them I'd keep the Outcast.

Kraton then Outcast

Like many others, I ran Traxxas for years and now only own Arrma.

You can get a v3 6s Outcast for 399 at amain. There is no Traxxas on earth that can offer that much power at that or even close to that price point.

Also, v3 comes with tactic remote, not spectrum

Personally if u got x maxx money which is close to a grand ,money is not an option but I would buy any arrma Kraton or Outcast and use the extra money and u could probably put wings on the arrma and it would probably fly.

I bought the v4 kraton and my brother in law bought the 2018 outcast with tactic...pretty sure he only bought that one bcuz no one had v3 kratons in stock anymore, and the tactic remote. I like my kraton better simply because of how it drives and feels. The Outcast is a great truck but only seems to be easier at doing wheelies and flips outta the box. The kraton is no slouch but will wheelie when you want instead of all the time with the outcast, and its not hard to control or flip in the air, the outcast is just easier. The outcast is able to do these things better because of the short wheelbase. But once again neither of these things are hard with the kraton....tough call, i went kraton and love it
Personally if u got x maxx money which is close to a grand ,money is not an option but I would buy any arrma Kraton or Outcast and use the extra money and u could probably put wings on the arrma and it would probably fly.
Stuff starts adding up though. $550 kraton, $80 6s battery, $150 charger, $100 power supply, $60 for a decent radio, thats not including any upgrades, except for the mandotory remote upgrade for v4s. Upgrades definitely add to cost but some are really necessary if you don't want to be replacing the same part over and over(like chassis braces). You don't need to spend $250 for a charger and power supply, but glad i did....Buy once, cry once!

I bought the v4 kraton and my brother in law bought the 2018 outcast with tactic...pretty sure he only bought that one bcuz no one had v3 kratons in stock anymore, and the tactic remote. I like my kraton better simply because of how it drives and feels. The Outcast is a great truck but only seems to be easier at doing wheelies and flips outta the box. The kraton is no slouch but will wheelie when you want instead of all the time with the outcast, and its not hard to control or flip in the air, the outcast is just easier. The outcast is able to do these things better because of the short wheelbase. But once again neither of these things are hard with the kraton....tough call, i went kraton and love it

Stuff starts adding up though. $550 kraton, $80 6s battery, $150 charger, $100 power supply, $60 for a decent radio, thats not including any upgrades, except for the mandotory remote upgrade for v4s. Upgrades definitely add to cost but some are really necessary if you don't want to be replacing the same part over and over(like chassis braces). You don't need to spend $250 for a charger and power supply, but glad i did....Buy once, cry once!
Just the x maxx is a grand. Thats way more money u need for a kraton or outcast. And thats without buying anything extra for the xmaxx and u need 2, batteries a charger that charges 2 batteries. Thats gunna be way more than any arrma. But if u got xmaxx money then i guess money is not an option.

This thread is just begging for another brand to be suggested by its grand champion. I will put up the signal!

Bat-Tekno.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back