Outcast Arrma outcast anniversary edition give away

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not cool enough to give facebook all my information ... if you are not paying someone else is ...
Its refreshing to know someone else thinks like me. If I wanted one that bad, I would gladly buy one. I deleted my FB account many years ago. Boy was that difficult to do. To much intrusion and issues that were detrimental to my job and what I do for a living etc.

I have never signed up and at first opportunity sent them a GDPR access request once the laws were in place and then requested to have all the information purged - as obviously all their apps sync phonebools and other information so they gained my details though I never signed up with them in the first place ... I don't get what drives marketing managers today to only keep those sort of events on facebook - people who to go your website are obviously more interested in the first place but I guess you cut a few of those prospects completely out by focussing on facebook only competitions
Rarely if anything is free in life.
Even death isnt free costs your life ...

Some friends and coworkers tease me about that. That I am too old school or not trusting or paranoid or just too old to understand it . That I am behind the times. I heard it all. I laugh.. But most of the world is on FB. I am the few that know better? I can say I tried it. And it became a real problem real fast for me. We cant control what big brother can do with meta data, but I'll be dammed if I am going to let a private company do that to me and then they give it all to big brother and marketing companies everywhere anyway. My life is not limited because I choose not to be on FB. FB has become a tool for business. If I had a business, it would be necessary. But then I could justify it as a tool to make ME money.
I am sure the free giveaway is a nice sincere gesture nonetheless. But FB is a mess, if you haven't been following things. From political discrimination, hypocritical policies and more. I wont participate in that.

Last edited:
Some friends and coworkers tease me about that. That I am too old school or not trusting or paranoid or just too old to understand it . That I am behind the times. I heard it all. I laugh.. But most of the world is on FB. I am the few that know better? I can say I tried it. And it became a real problem real fast for me. We cant control what big brother can do with meta data, but I'll be dammed if I am going to let a private company do that to me and then they give it all to big brother and marketing companies everywhere anyway. My life is not limited because I choose not to be on FB. FB has become a tool for business. If I had a business, it would be necessary. But then I could justify it as a tool to make ME money.
I am sure the free giveaway is a nice sincere gesture nonetheless. But FB is a mess, if you haven't been following things. From political discrimination, hypocritical policies and more. I wont participate in that.
Facebook a platform for the stupid to be heard.

Don't forget the ignorant. We cant discriminate now. They need to be heard also.:LOL:
All kidding aside those on FB outweight those that are not. We have to keep it in perspective. Some just have a need for social media. It's a lifestyle choice. The young generation require it. And they will also have to live with its flaws well into their future.
Has anyone else seen this on Arrma Facebook page. There giving away an Aniversary outcast ❤ how cool is that
https://www.facebook.com/ARRMARC/
It appears that the subject of FB has hijacked your thread.:( Great thread however for those that want to win a Lim. ed OC.:)

Last edited:
I’ve never had nor do I intended to have Facebook so I can’t leave this comment on there but...

Maybe they should give it to Thomas P. as credit for being a huge influence/creator of the outcast ?

Arrma RC is on Facebook, Horizon Hobby is on Facebook, M2C Racing, Just Bash It Rc, Voltage and a host of others too. You don't have to love the platform to use it for your own benefit. I no longer use a "personal" account, just one for all things rc. Don't have to check it every day either, cause the notifications allow me to read only what I want. @Reubydoobe was just posting about something amazing that Arrma has chosen to do, and Facebook is the platform they are choosing to do it. I'll say it again. Much of the up to date news we see here on the Forum comes from those who browse Facebook and share the information. If it wasn't for those people, that visit it and trickle it down to the forum, information would be slower and some might even miss out altogether.

Arrma RC is on Facebook, Horizon Hobby is on Facebook, M2C Racing, Just Bash It Rc, Voltage and a host of others too. You don't have to love the platform to use it for your own benefit. I no longer use a "personal" account, just one for all things rc. Don't have to check it every day either, cause the notifications allow me to read only what I want. @Reubydoobe was just posting about something amazing that Arrma has chosen to do, and Facebook is the platform they are choosing to do it. I'll say it again. Much of the up to date news we see here on the Forum comes from those who browse Facebook and share the information. If it wasn't for those people, that visit it and trickle it down to the forum, information would be slower and some might even miss out altogether.
I can definitely appreciate the view and the perspective and do appreciate some of the information that I do get in a timely fashion, not all but some.
With that i would rather have it late or not at all than to keep giving up security and personal information.
But to those that use it and share information, thank you.

For me it goes way farther than giving up my data, because to be honest, most of us here also use Google, Amazon, Microsoft, and any other number of brands that sell our data too. The end for me was the blatant fake stories that people were spreading like gospel. It turned into a cesspool. I had to get out.

For me it goes way farther than giving up my data, because to be honest, most of us here also use Google, Amazon, Microsoft, and any other number of brands that sell our data too. The end for me was the blatant fake stories that people were spreading like gospel. It turned into a cesspool. I had to get out.
Your my hero .. ?

The shell on that outcast is amazing.
I saw someone here selling one in the classifieds locally, and that was really the first time I saw much of Arrma.
He wanted $1000 for it, lol.
But that got me looking at Arrma because of that shell and how the truck looked.
I offered him $500 he countered with $750.
I passed and its still for sale. :p
He knows who to call if he wants $500. :)

Even though I’m not a Facebook fan. I do appreciate other people that share info they found with the Arrma Fourm Family. Otherwise I would never have seen it.
So Thanks, @Reubydoobe ???

Maybe im "old school" too i prefer to actually speak to friends the old fashioned way you know when i see them, i hsve no interest in my friend having "broccoli for lunch or their new car etc at least here you know its people of a likeminded ilk who are also rc mad.

I'm without a Facebook account as well for reasons already stated above. That said, it's super funny seeing how quickly the thread was hijacked by grumpy old men! Grumble grumble grumble........

FB is a cesspool. There will always be people on Social media. It will never go away. Own a business, you better be on FB and all of them. Its a business tool. I never needed to get or vet information on social media. Its worse than a cesspool. Its a sewer. Since when does social media tell us how to be social. I am social. And I don't need social media to help me if I subscribe or condemn me if I don't. I personally don't like FB. I am not condemning all of them. There are many perks or opportunities and freebees and info on Social media. Yes.
It was nice of Arrma to donate or give away an OC.
Does one need to be on FB to qualify for the OC?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back