Outcast Arrma Outcast Battery Suggestion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got pair of the 2S SMC 7200mah batteries on their way. I'll let everyone know what runtime is is like.
How's the runtime on a pair of SMC 2S 7200mah? I'm still debating wheather I want 2x2S, 1x4S (2 total taking turns), 2x3S or 1x6S (2 total taking turns).

How's the runtime on a pair of SMC 2S 7200mah? I'm still debating wheather I want 2x2S, 1x4S (2 total taking turns), 2x3S or 1x6S (2 total taking turns).

I haven't timed it but I'm very happy with the performance and runtime. It's a great budget battery. You won't be able to exceed far beyond 5000mah with a single 6s but having a second charged 6s pretty much negates the reduced runtime. Just remember your cost of ownership is going to go up for every minute you run 6s. It's bad enough breaking something due to a bad landing...6s will break your truck from the inside as well. Lol.

Go 6s, this truck is a ton of fun on 6s. The diffs seem easy enough to fix if they break on this thing and so far we haven't broken them yet. Aside from some stupid design issues I mentioned on another thread, this thing holds up pretty well. My kid bashes this thing really hard, backflip after blackflip after backflip and we replaced the pinion so far, everything else still seems solid.

I think I mentioned somewhere else on here. We are running HRB 5000 mah 6s lipo from Ebay for 130 for 2. They barely get warm and I'm pretty cheap so all my other batteries come from hobbyking and they all suck compared to these HRB batteries.

Does SMC ever offer free shipping for orders above a certain amount or is everyone paying ?

Pay attention to weight on the batteries. Some of the graphene ones weigh close to 1000 grams.

+1 for this. For any given mAh rating, they are the heaviest batteries that I've seen. For people just thrashing around, I wouldn't be too concerned about battery weight, but for those planning to catch big air, I'd keep battery weight in mind. The Outcast is already a heavy RC. I don't know how ARRMA did it, but its 3/4 lb heavier than a Kraton. A lighter battery will help survival of bad landings.

Another issue is that the outboard placement of the battery and electronics means that battery weight plays more strongly in handling and mid-air stability. With a heavier battery that weighs significantly more than the electronics, my Kraton definitely corners differently for left compared to right. Its pretty tough to pull off a forward flip as well. My Kraton will very readily go into a crooked tumble with a heavier battery.

My general pref is a 5S 60C+ battery. I have a 480 gr 4000 mAh for jumping, and a 725 gr 5000 mAh for general thrashing.

So single batteries - like a 4S are not a problem to run? Ie - Outcast does not need to have two batteries connected to run.
As far as I know yes, it fine to run. People usually use two packs to save weight from what I have read. Just make sure you use the jumper for single packs. I'm still waiting for my SMC batteries, sure ain't fun having a car and no batteries.

As far as I know yes, it fine to run. People usually use two packs to save weight from what I have read. Just make sure you use the jumper for single packs. I'm still waiting for my SMC batteries, sure ain't fun having a car and no batteries.
Yeah - I know how you feel. I have more than a dozen packs en-route from SMC. Good news is that my 3S combo's should be here the same time my Outcast arrives tomorrow but I have lots of 4S packs that can stand in as well.

I ran dual SMC True Spec 7200 2s and 3s today. Both gave me roughly 20mins run time. With the 3s 7200 batteries, the shorter strap is too small. But I fold it over and run the longer strap across it.

I ran dual SMC True Spec 7200 2s and 3s today. Both gave me roughly 20mins run time. With the 3s 7200 batteries, the shorter strap is too small. But I fold it over and run the longer strap across it.
Only 20 min's? I assumed you would get WAY more time than that with the 7200s? I ran the same setup today for the first time (2 3's) . Will need to time a full run tomorrow.

Only 20 min's? I assumed you would get WAY more time than that with the 7200s? I ran the same setup today for the first time (2 3's) . Will need to time a full run tomorrow.
I could be wrong, it was just a ball park. Run time was plenty for me, only got to drive on grass with no bumps so it got a little boring. Flattest park I've ever been to. lol
Going to have to build a mini ramp

New outcast blx I bought 4s batteries worked good then I tried my 6s batteries and esc just throws on a blinking red light and it's not working. Throw my 4s battery back on works fine. Is the is something I have to calibrate to use a 6s battery?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back