Outcast Arrma Outcast Battery Suggestion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warbux

Reaction score
Turnigy Graphene and Onyx have batteries with XT90 connectors but they are rather expensive.

I have had SPC and SMC batteries and i believe they worked very well.

Tower Hobbies offers RC Gear Shop batteries at a reasonable price and im interested in finding out how great they are.

4s or 6s? What would be sufficient for this Kraton SWB with Badlands?

@Warbux SPC is no longer in business so I would go with SMC Racing LiPo batteries if it was me (oh yeah we're giving one away too!) and I would also go with 4s over 6s. 6s is going to be faster but also much easier to damage drivetrain, shred tires, etc. You'll have a lot of fun with 4s for sure!

Also you might want to check out our thread: What's your "budget" LiPo of choice?

I have a set of rc gear shop 11.1 lipo's that work great especially for the price.
But i really love my Genace 11.1 5000 50c!
Genace are my goto batteries, ive been using these batteries for almost 10 years. Ive killed a set by bringing the voltage down bellow 2v and bringing it back above 3.5v and used them for 3 more years. Also i used a set that were puffed for over 2 years.

One thing to keep in mind if you have the Typhon/Senton/Talion/Kraton is that this Outcast has a new battery box/holder. I really like the concept of the battery box and I thought about upgrading my Typhon and Senton with it but I checked the dimensions and the new battery box is 3mm narrower. The older models are 158mmx51mmx46mm and this new battery box is 158mmx48mmx70mm. I have to pry open the battery box in my Senton and Typhon a little bit in the 51mm direction to get my two 3s Lectron Pro 5200 batteries in, so I don't have faith that they will work in this new style battery box. Other than that I love the design of the new battery box with the perpendicular straps and the balance wire stowage area.

One thing to keep in mind if you have the Typhon/Senton/Talion/Kraton is that this Outcast has a new battery box/holder. I really like the concept of the battery box and I thought about upgrading my Typhon and Senton with it but I checked the dimensions and the new battery box is 3mm narrower. The older models are 158mmx51mmx46mm and this new battery box is 158mmx48mmx70mm. I have to pry open the battery box in my Senton and Typhon a little bit in the 51mm direction to get my two 3s Lectron Pro 5200 batteries in, so I don't have faith that they will work in this new style battery box. Other than that I love the design of the new battery box with the perpendicular straps and the balance wire stowage area.

Thanks for this info.

I was thinking of upgrading my stock Typhon and Kraton battery trays to the Outcast one as well, but my 6s bricks barely fit in the current tray. Doesn't sound like it will fit the Outcast.

Turnigy HD 60C 5000 mah

I have an SMC 4S LIPO on the way. Thanks for all the info. its 48mm wide so it should fit perfect

Attachments

• IMG_5298.JPG
    IMG_5298.JPG
    156.6 KB · Views: 176
According to:
http://www.arrma-rc.com/rc-cars/latest/outcast/blx/story-board
The specs say:
BATTERY MAX DIMENSIONS
158x48x70mm / 6.22x1.89x2.76"

But the datasheet (at the bottom of that page) says:
158x51x70mm

(See photo attached)
Really liking the SMC 7200Mah 90c 11.1v....have two sets of SPC like them but 70c... For my sons Outcast ( coming this week - Xmas present) - I have a Zippy 6S 5000 60c brick....loving the new straps and pod. He's also getting that HPI Ken Block 1/8 scale gymkhana ford fiesta....

Attachments

• IMG_3176.JPG
    IMG_3176.JPG
    143.3 KB · Views: 79
Thanks for this info.

I was thinking of upgrading my stock Typhon and Kraton battery trays to the Outcast one as well, but my 6s bricks barely fit in the current tray. Doesn't sound like it will fit the Outcast.

Turnigy HD 60C 5000 mah
They'll fit no worries u just gotta flip them on the side !! I running Turnigy 6000mah 6s 65c brick it's a beast !!!

I am running an SMC battery, 4S, 6500MaH, 60C (120 burst).
Love it.
Hardcase is the only way to go IMHO, and the run time I am getting on 6500MaH is insane.

I am running an SMC battery, 4S, 6500MaH, 60C (120 burst).
Love it.
Hardcase is the only way to go IMHO, and the run time I am getting on 6500MaH is insane.

Hey Buck, I'd like to pick some of these up, they get great reviews on this and other forums.

Did you order directly from their website? I didn't see the ones you've referenced on their site? No issues with shipping across the border?

I'm just running 2 - 2s Duratrax onyx 6000 mAh 50C and 2 - 5400 mAh 50C soft packs right now, all I could get at my LHS. I prefer to run hard cases.

Also, What runtimes are you seeing?

Thanks

I've got pair of the 2S SMC 7200mah batteries on their way. I'll let everyone know what runtime is is like.

Hey Buck, I'd like to pick some of these up, they get great reviews on this and other forums.

Did you order directly from their website? I didn't see the ones you've referenced on their site? No issues with shipping across the border?

I'm just running 2 - 2s Duratrax onyx 6000 mAh 50C and 2 - 5400 mAh 50C soft packs right now, all I could get at my LHS. I prefer to run hard cases.

Also, What runtimes are you seeing?

Thanks

I live in Montreal, and the vendor from whom I purchased it is also located here so I went to pick it up in person (thereby avoiding shipping issues that exist with lithium batteries from the US).
The vendor name is Bego Racing....Google it and it should come up right away.
As for run times, not 100% certain on total length of time, but I have been running her in my house and outside a few times and still going strong. Has been over a week since I last charged it.
With 6500MaH you should be upwards of 25 mins in normal operating conditions.
If you are bashing hard core, or full throttle the entire session, that will affect battery life along with environmental conditions.
Either way, the power is excellent, the quality is noticeable.
For what's worth - apparently the founder /owner of SMC batteries is reportedly a guru in the LIPO world. These batteries are known to be some of the best available.
Highly recommended.

I live in Montreal, and the vendor from whom I purchased it is also located here so I went to pick it up in person (thereby avoiding shipping issues that exist with lithium batteries from the US).
The vendor name is Bego Racing....Google it and it should come up right away.
As for run times, not 100% certain on total length of time, but I have been running her in my house and outside a few times and still going strong. Has been over a week since I last charged it.
With 6500MaH you should be upwards of 25 mins in normal operating conditions.
If you are bashing hard core, or full throttle the entire session, that will affect battery life along with environmental conditions.
Either way, the power is excellent, the quality is noticeable.
For what's worth - apparently the founder /owner of SMC batteries is reportedly a guru in the LIPO world. These batteries are known to be some of the best available.
Highly recommended.

I'm in Ontario, will look into Bego Racing.

Thanks, much appreciated.

I've got pair of the 2S SMC 7200mah batteries on their way. I'll let everyone know what runtime is is like.

That would be great, thanks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back