Outcast Arrma Outcast Heatsink & Dual Fans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RC Juice also sells an aluminum HobbyStar fan that's working nicely in this application so far

Not a fan of the YR heat sink so I went my own route on mounting them

nice set up what is that u used for a mount?

and are your fans face down blowing air onto the motor?

i installed my fans face up and it seems the air is blowing off the motor instead of onto.

nice set up what is that u used for a mount?

and are your fans face down blowing air onto the motor?

i installed my fans face up and it seems the air is blowing off the motor instead of onto.
I made my own custom mount and have the fans positioned to where they blow down on the motor.

Sweet setup man! Good job on the mount too. Looks factory made! Curious if you know how many degrees that dropped your temps without using a heatsink. I am struggling with motor temps and looking for my best solution. Thank you!

Aw
This is the same set up I am running in my kraton. Works great.
Awesome! Were you able to use some existing holes to mount secure the mount or did you have to drill the chassis? I hate to put holes in my m2c but I will if I have to lol thank you

I'm not trying to be that guy but putting a heatsink on the motor will increase the cooling of this setup tremendously. Just having a fan blowing on your motor is not really efficient. You want to increase your surface area as much as you can.

I'm not trying to be that guy but putting a heatsink on the motor will increase the cooling of this setup tremendously. Just having a fan blowing on your motor is not really efficient. You want to increase your surface area as much as you can.
So I could use my old yeah racing heatsink on the motor and make a bracket to mount the fans on and that would give me good results as far as lowering motor temps? More so than without the heatsink right?

I have 2 hobbywing heatsink/fan combos on the way. One from China one from US. Those are the fans I will most likely use on the mount.

So I could use my old yeah racing heatsink on the motor and make a bracket to mount the fans on and that would give me good results as far as lowering motor temps? More so than without the heatsink right?

I have 2 hobbywing heatsink/fan combos on the way. One from China one from US. Those are the fans I will most likely use on the mount.
Yes.
Think of it this way, try running a computer without the heatsink on the cpu with just a fan blowing on it. It might run for a minute before it shut itself off. A heatsink without a fan will cool more efficiently than a fan without a heatsink.

I am using the yeah racing heat sink. I agree that blowing air directly in the motor willing not work as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back