Outcast Arrma Outcast Heatsink & Dual Fans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is what I ended up with for now. I had an old Syma quad which I cut the female adaptor off. I then spliced it into the Y harness. Next I cut the adaptors off both fans and spliced them to the harness. I used liquid electrical tape, heat shrinked it then regular electrical tape.

Right now I’m using a 3.7v 500mah battery which came from the Syma. I image they will last a while but I’m going to test it. I dipped the batteries in liquid electrical tape to waterproof them also. For now I secured the battery with a velcro command strip so I can pull it off to charge.

The reason I did this was I didn’t want to draw off the rc lipo and shorten run time.

How long 500 mah battery take with this fans?

How long 500 mah battery take with this fans?

Not sure yet but I’ll let you know. When I ran them on the drone I think they got about 10min. That was drawing a lot more from battery than these fans will.

I got my heat sink and fans in today and installed them. Running the fans on a external 6V 1500mah NIHM battery pack that fits nice and snug inside the roll cage tower in the middle. I also used a Y Adapter cable to connect the fans to it.

Not sure yet but I’ll let you know. When I ran them on the drone I think they got about 10min. That was drawing a lot more from battery than these fans will.
I asked because I didn't realize any different in the run time when I contacted it to the servo

I changed fans adapters
IMG_20180313_111153.jpg IMG_20180313_111745.jpg

Also, I changed the Speed Control. I updated it to Yeah Racing Tornado Fan.
IMG_20180313_111202.jpg

How about the decibels with these? I don't like my RC sounding like an helicopter o_O

And anyone tried the twin fan from 3racing ?

b_3RAC-MHS010BL.jpg

Last edited:
How about the decibels with these? I don't like my RC sounding like an helicopter o_O

And anyone tried the twin fan from 3racing ?

b_3RAC-MHS010BL.jpg

Yeah racing are loud, but they blow air very will
I don't think 3racing fans will fit

I really don't know if it works out not but i drilled a few little 3/8 holes in the bottom of the windshield kinda like a ram air on my one body. It works for bashing but I'd be scared to use it on speed runs out anything super fast. It really gets the air in there.

@Raji
Looks great! So that I understand.... you combined the two fans wiring together than plugged it into one side of the (Y) connector and plugged the ESC fan into the other part of the (Y) connector then plugged the (Y) connector it into the ESC fan slot correct?
If it was NOT done this way, would you have to run each fan wire to the receiver box separately ??? TIA

@Raji
Looks great! So that I understand.... you combined the two fans wiring together than plugged it into one side of the (Y) connector and plugged the ESC fan into the other part of the (Y) connector then plugged the (Y) connector it into the ESC fan slot correct?
If it was NOT done this way, would you have to run each fan wire to the receiver box separately ??? TIA

Yes, you are right

yes, I ran the connector all the way to the receiver box. using any empty receiver port should be fine.

Attachments

• 20190308_121326.jpg
    20190308_121326.jpg
    336.6 KB · Views: 77
  • 20190308_121337.jpg
    20190308_121337.jpg
    364.4 KB · Views: 79
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back