Outcast Arrma outcast noise...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rchrdjrz

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Hey guys I just purchased an outcast. And when I run it, I noticed that it makes a metal grinding noise, is that normal? Nothing seems loose. I have a nero and it doesn't sound so loud. Is the outcast just louder? I know it's normal to make a little noise since its a metal spur gear on a metal pinion gear.

Last edited:
I checked the gear mesh and it looks good to me. I hope everything is good. I just got used to the nero and it isn't so loud.

I think my first post here was to ask why my Outcast sounded like an old garbage disposal.

It's normal. Keeping the spur and pinion clean (as in, spray them off with air after each pack) helps a bit. White Lightning lube seemed to help a lot but doesn't last long with that spur exposed.

Just remember: If it sounds like it's in pain, you're driving the outcast properly!

I think my first post here was to ask why my Outcast sounded like an old garbage disposal.

It's normal. Keeping the spur and pinion clean (as in, spray them off with air after each pack) helps a bit. White Lightning lube seemed to help a lot but doesn't last long with that spur exposed.

Just remember: If it sounds like it's in pain, you're driving the outcast properly!
I went bashing yesterday and was doing flip after flip and doing huge jumps. I kept hearing a noise getting louder and louder and then the car just wouldn't move. I just heard a noise coming from the center. I thought it was the slipper Clutch. But the outcast doesn't have one. It turned out it was the pinion gear. I broke a pinion tooth.

Yes check to see the pinion Didn't break teeth and just buy a new one. The stock one is garbage. Also make sure it didn't slide on the shaft hitting the motor mount.

"If it sounds like it's in pain, your driving the outcast properly"..........so true lol.

The pinion gear on mine lasted 8 runs and I was also missing a tooth, definitely cheap piece of metal. I went ahead and added a 16th pinion when I replaced mine.

Right on , yah I purchased it , & immediately installed a 16 tooth pinion, started running it & I was like this sounds like a grinding disposal. I thought I needed to make adjustments to accommodate the 16 tooth pinion that I installed , like to spur gear assembly or whatnot . So the gnarly noise is normal on the Outcast huh ?? , because my Kraton 6S sounds pretty dam smooth !!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back