Arrma parts quality

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robl45

Reaction score
Is it just me or does the parts quality seem a bit low on these vehicles? I spent hours yesterday on what should have been a couple hours tops.

I had two original screws strip likely from threading into the new front gearbox and rear lower pin retainer as it appears the holes are slightly too small. What's funny is I had a pack of spare 3x16 screws that Arrma sent when I first got the truck to replace the screws that shipped too short in the wing and those screws didn't strip out. Better metal maybe?

The new gear box was not really lined up correctly, I got the two halfs to go together with some finesse but for a piece that is supposed to be four screws and the diff comes out, I don't see that ever happening with what it took to get the two halves together. The shock tower than wouldn't bolt on correctly as the holes seemed slightly off. 2 would line up and other others not close. I finally resorted to using the drill to get it back together.

I had a motor mount that stripped almost from day one. and a bearing that exploded in the front bulk head. Oh well, just needed to vent.

ehm, no...sorry...I haven't had any problems lining things up...stripped screws all over the place...but with parts it self, no problems...and lets keep it that way...:nailbiting:
perhaps you are having bad luck?...of perhaps a slightly bend chassis?...:)
anyway, good luck with the wrenching...;)

Groetjes from the Netherlands,

Erik
aka Aflan

I striped one hole of the central diff how I can make it right?

Is it just me or does the parts quality seem a bit low on these vehicles? I spent hours yesterday on what should have been a couple hours tops.

I had two original screws strip likely from threading into the new front gearbox and rear lower pin retainer as it appears the holes are slightly too small. What's funny is I had a pack of spare 3x16 screws that Arrma sent when I first got the truck to replace the screws that shipped too short in the wing and those screws didn't strip out. Better metal maybe?

I agree some parts are substandard but for the most part unless you hit mailboxes all the time the truck seems to b pretty durable lol jk man all in good fun bit I feel your pain. Not sure if you have a micro set of screw extractors yet bit it's in makes a set 2mm 3mm 4mm 5mm so all that you need and they work great. I just swapped to all stainless steel screws in the outcast the kraton and the typhon much better quality screws. EBay rc screws kit.

The new gear box was not really lined up correctly, I got the two halfs to go together with some finesse but for a piece that is supposed to be four screws and the diff comes out, I don't see that ever happening with what it took to get the two halves together. The shock tower than wouldn't bolt on correctly as the holes seemed slightly off. 2 would line up and other others not close. I finally resorted to using the drill to get it back together.

I had a motor mount that stripped almost from day one. and a bearing that exploded in the front bulk head. Oh well, just needed to vent.

I striped one hole of the central diff how I can make it right?

Get a tap and die set and go up 1mm in thread size just make sure the tread pitch is the right pitch. Problem. Solvers or order a new 1 on eBay for like 10 bucks I got 4 last time I ordered.

Get a tap and die set and go up 1mm in thread size just make sure the tread pitch is the right pitch. Problem. Solvers or order a new 1 on eBay for like 10 bucks I got 4 last time I ordered.
I'm thinking to get Aluminum one I think it is $15 from GPM but I don't know about the quality

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back