Typhon Arrma please loctite screws.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same set here as well, and after almost a year they're still doin good.

@jondilly1974 It can be a crapshoot when ordering parts or tools from Amazon or Ebay. I've had some good luck. Got some decent quality tools for a good price. I've also had the opposite. Utter crap. Steel was softer than baby poop and bent or chipped within a few uses.
I agree with this statement, it’s true that some think this way. A few people here need to read this group of words.

But everything else you’ve said is completely untrue.
@Peeeenuuutt I'm sure i missed something because I didn't read the entire thread, but what statement?
They are OK. I have a set of EDS tips too. I haven’t had them long enough to really give an endorsement or something.
@jondilly1974 and why does this forum automatically change sh#t to poop? Baby poop just doesn't have the same ring to it ????

Last edited:
@jondilly1974 It can be a crapshoot when ordering parts or tools from Amazon or Ebay. I've had some good luck. Got some decent quality tools for a good price. I've also had the opposite. Utter crap. Steel was softer than baby poop and bent or chipped within a few uses.

@Peeeenuuutt I'm sure i missed something because I didn't read the entire thread, but what statement?

@jondilly1974 and why does this forum automatically change sh#t to poop? Baby poop just doesn't have the same ring to it ????
He's saying some of us believe that Arrma is our saviour because we defend the brand here on the forum. Sometimes we get a little passionate with our defense, so we are lumped into the "fanboy" category. I think that taking the time to join and follow a forum should be a positive experience, and the insistence that some will come here to bash the brand, leads to long winded and sometimes disparaging commentary. If someone has a problem with the brand or the forum, why stay? It is possible that a person might have better information that what is already available here, but there is a proper way to express their thoughts, without taking cheap shots at the members or the brand.

I'm just pissed that Arrma isn't paying me to take days off so I can enjoy bashing my Kraton. :poop:
They don't? Must be just me then.

He's saying some of us believe that Arrma is our saviour because we defend the brand here on the forum. Sometimes we get a little passionate with our defense, so we are lumped into the "fanboy" category. I think that taking the time to join and follow a forum should be a positive experience, and the insistence that some will come here to bash the brand, leads to long winded and sometimes disparaging commentary. If someone has a problem with the brand or the forum, why stay? It is possible that a person might have better information that what is already available here, but there is a proper way to express their thoughts, without taking cheap shots at the members or the brand.
@Notorious J ahh I get it. That's ridiculous. Evidently, he doesn't get the point of a forum like this. I've been into RC's for a while. My first was the original Tamiya Frog followed by the Lunchbox. The originals, not the re-releases. I went thru (still am actually) the nitro phase. I have a pretty good idea what I'm doing. However, I'm pretty new to Arrma. So I joined this forum to talk to you guys and learn. There's nothing "fanboy" about it. I'm not going to come here for tuning tips on the 3.3 or setting up an Inferno Neo ST. I'll go somewhere else for that. If he's just going to talk sh$t and not contribute ideas or advice, then he needs to go. Within 48hrs of joining this site, you guys have welcomed me and helped with the growing pains of buying a brand I'm not familiar with. Now that's the point of a forum.
I'm just pissed that Arrma isn't paying me to take days off so I can enjoy bashing my Kraton. :poop:
@dirrty I must be lucky. I'm off work because I tore cartilage in my knee. Technically, I'm getting paid to wrench on, bash, and speed run????

@Edo7-11, he gets it:?
I appreciate your viewpoint on the situation, notorious J is participating on an arrma forum, an arrma forum is going to be bias. It’s just how it is. I got people angered when I tried to be honest, turns out I was missing the bigger picture, which is the fact that this is an arrma forum. Basically you can say anything here... unless it’s against arrma. Ex: “dang dude, these Traxxas receiver boxes, just sooo much better than arrma’s design” people will get angry even though the part makes up 0.01% of the truck and costs a dollar. People will probably say that the thread is junk as soon as it’s not pro arrma, which is understandable. It was the same way over at the Traxxas forums. It’s the same way on every forum that has a brand name in the title. Noto J is very helpful on here, he’s not going after you as a person. You have the same issue I had when I first joined, aka we forgot to see the title, arrma.

And as a matter of fact I agree with you in saying, they really aren’t worth $400. They’re not upgraded enough from the 3s vehicles to justify the price point to me. However, they need to make a profit, so all the $100 extra you’re paying really just goes to wheels and diffs. If they put more into it, it’d be like $450... then you might as well buy a 6s truck.
I wish arrma would have taken some extra time to analyze how these a arms would do in real world use, and I wish they’d switch up the design of their plastic chassis vehicles, as it really doesn’t take much to break one of these suckers in half compared to rival manufacturers. But this just isn’t possible at $400, not if they want to make a profit.

Oh hold on he was crying about me the whole time??

Edo7-11 I literally quoted a statement, and then under that quote, I wrote, “I agree with this statement.”

What don’t you understand in that reply.
Don't get angry. It looked like you were taking a shot, but it's all good. Everything's better now.

Don't get angry. It looked like you were taking a shot, but it's all good. Everything's better now.
See, this. (Also I missed ur other reply of u explaining it to him so I thought I had to)

I usually find myself being the only one telling others that this is a just hobby. Nice to see a change around here!!

See, this. (Also I missed ur other reply of u explaining it to him so I thought I had to)

I usually find myself being the only one telling others that this is a just hobby. Nice to see a change around here!!
Yeah, it is just a hobby. There's no reason for people to get all butthurt over it. Not meaning you Peeeenuuutt. This is just for fun. And there's really no reason to argue cost. Of course companies are in this to turn a profit. What do people expect? I highly doubt it costs a lot to make an Xmaxx. But hell, got one of those anyway. Uograded it. Have a ton of fun running it. I highly doubt it costs Kyosho much to make the Inferno Neo ST Race Spec. Guess what, got one of those too. Same result. Awesome truggy that "I" enjoy running. Go outside the rc industry..... does it cost Dodge or Chevy a ton of money to make a Silverado or Hemi Ram? Do these higher end versions justify the 50k-60k price tag? Probably not. Point being is people like what they like. Simple as that. Me personally, not a fan of the F-150. But I'm not gonna go on a Ford forum and talk sh$t. It sells a ton. People like it. That's fine by me. There's no point in bashing a person or product. If you don't like something, move on. Let the rest of those that do alone.

*Peeeenuuuttt this rant ain't a shot at you.

Yeah, it is just a hobby. There's no reason for people to get all butthurt over it. Not meaning you Peeeenuuutt. This is just for fun. And there's really no reason to argue cost. Of course companies are in this to turn a profit. What do people expect? I highly doubt it costs a lot to make an Xmaxx. But hell, got one of those anyway. Uograded it. Have a ton of fun running it. I highly doubt it costs Kyosho much to make the Inferno Neo ST Race Spec. Guess what, got one of those too. Same result. Awesome truggy that "I" enjoy running. Go outside the rc industry..... does it cost Dodge or Chevy a ton of money to make a Silverado or Hemi Ram? Do these higher end versions justify the 50k-60k price tag? Probably not. Point being is people like what they like. Simple as that. Me personally, not a fan of the F-150. But I'm not gonna go on a Ford forum and talk sh$t. It sells a ton. People like it. That's fine by me. There's no point in bashing a person or product. If you don't like something, move on. Let the rest of those that do alone.

*Peeeenuuuttt this rant ain't a shot at you.
Hah, you haven’t been here long enough to know that you don’t need to say that. If you have the time, check out some of my old threads... I basically say exactly what you said many, many times. Many... times.

Oh and I got criticized for it.

Here’s one:
Ill remember that. Just a thread is all. If you’re gonna get butt hurt because a truck is better then something you own, don't view the thread. Grow up about it and realize it’s all about enjoyment. Just because I’m proving a point that’s against what you’re brainwashed to believe doesn’t mean the thread sucks.

I’m brand neutral. I like my axials, I like my Traxxas. I like my hpis and I like my arrma’s. It’s totally fine to not view my threads! Seriously I don’t mind.
(This is a dispute between me and another member because we never quite saw eye to eye- we have since made up.) that quote is like 6 months old and from my revo diff thread, oh what a spark that was lol.

Last edited:
Hah, you haven’t been here long enough to know that you don’t need to say that. If you have the time, check out some of my old threads... I basically say exactly what you said many, many times. Many... times.

Oh and I got criticized for it.

Here’s one:

(This is a dispute between me and another member because we never quite saw eye to eye- we have since made up.) that quote is like 6 months old and from my revo diff thread, oh what a spark that was lol.
Ha!! Damn right! Nicely put! I'm brand neutral as well. I have a bunch of different rigs. All for different reasons. Some for speed, some for mud, some for nostalgia, some for punching a hole thru an aluminum garage door cough cough x maxx cough?

Yes, apologists. I’ve only been here a few days, and already whenever Arrma fiddlesticks up, there’s a chorus of “oh it’s not Arrma’s fault, you shouldn’t expect to have these things assembled correctly, or to have faults”

You’re all fiddlesticking crazy, acting like the concept of a working product is an impossibility, an unicorn, not something to be expected.

Quit drinking he frigging cool-aid, these things are pretty flawed, Arrma is not your saviour
I don't think anyone is "acting like the concept of a working product is an impossibility....."
Seems like you're ranting like a five year old girl. Do you even own an Arrma vehicle? Or any rtr for that matter? If so, throw it in the trash. Give up on the hobby. You don't have the mindset for it.

Sh^t happens during mass production no matter who the company is. Not just Arrma, happens to all of them.

You said it yourself "I've only been here a couple days". Well then save yourself the headaches and temper tantrums and leave. Go take up fishing or yoga or some other sh^t that won't make your head explode.

I find that

I find that highly suspect. I'm not saying you're lying but.....

When I was trying to swap out the pinion in my Typhon, the screws were impossible to break loose. I heated the poop out of them and still snapped off the ball end of the hex key. I had the LHS fix it and even they said it gave them trouble. They replaced the screws for me because the heads were getting stripped. We went over the rest of the car and nothing was loose.
My steering step screws backed themselves out before, and another member even mentioned that theirs did as well. So idk what part of his story is highly suspect....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back