Raider Arrma Raider BLX EXB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
So my current Basher is a Raider I got off of Ebay für 180€ without an ESC. It was almost brand new, only run on the street a few times but the owner already sold the ESC, so instead of it getting parted out, I bought it, upgraded it, and gave it hell.
Current upgrades are;
BLX120 ESC (4s Capable, the Motor is overvoltet, but it works fine.) I usually don't run it on 4s since 2 batterys are too heavy, but it is v e r y f a s t, I measured it at 62MP/H (100KM/H) and the Drivetrain (execpt the cups lol) just take it. The Drivetrain is certainly the best thing about the Raider, 4s, good tires, full tight slipper and it just keeps going.
Slightly longer aluminum Driveshafts (keeps the cups from getting destroyed)
Rpm arms in the Front and Rear, the fronts did not fit, they were meant to fit with threaded hinge pins, which the Raider doesn't have. So I had to drill a hole next to the hinge pin to keep them from falling out with a screw and a spacer.
Bangood Special tires (the stock ones are crap)
Plastic Camber links from the Raider Mega (the metals are adjustable, but very fragile)
Custom Fan Mount (3 Cable ties and a screw) for the Motor
Kraton 4s Front shocks in the Rear and Absima Asb1bl Shocks in the front. The Kraton shocks are stock, but the Absima shocks are filled with very thick Oil and the Spring is streched, making the car very stiff.
Typhon 3s Wing
the stock wing mount is very fragile. I have one screw that goes into a part of the Rollcage and a zip tie that hold the Wing.
Frankenstein Servo, made out of the Kraton 4s Servo electronics, with the Raider Servo case and gears.
GT2 EVO Remote and Reciver
Heavy-weight Diff Oil

What I still need:
Fixed Motor mount
Phillips Screw Conversion
Wheel Bearings

I also made a dumb little video about the 4s Power in this thing, if I can I´ll post a pic of the Car soon, the Typhon wing and the Tires make it look very badass.

20210114_160753.jpg

This is very cool! I like the look of this rc and wish Arrma would make a brushless updated version.

Oh, and it takes a good deal to get me to buy anything 🤣😂

I see you have an older Raider, the good one with the aluminum TVPs, now you just need the Red anodized stuff :ROFLMAO:

TLDR: Gears broke, no parts support, Reccomend my next RC!
Hello everyone, I just wanted to write a (long) update about my Raider. After a couple more bashing seesions, I realized that the Raider is not a good basher, but it is a fantastic car for Speedruns and hooning around on the Streets. With an HPI flux 4000kv motor, and some slicks, I broke the record for the fastest RC car I've ever seen in Person. However, it seems I have pushed too much power, or my 8 Years old gearbox has crumpled to bits. The gear-case broke, causing the gears to fly around and almost penetraing a hole, and shredding themselves. Now you may think that this is bad but not unfixable, right? Well, the parts for the blx raider are discontinued, and out of stock everywhere. Plus, the car needs a bunch of extra stuff, longer driveshafts, losi diff outdrives, new screws etc. etc. What makes this especially frustraiting is that I have to order every part from a diffrent shop, and pay 5$ shipping every time. This on top of the fact that I cant find (AR4310416) ANYWHERE, leads me to the conclusion that my journey with the Raider is done.
I would be lying if I said I didnt enjoy it, I got alot of mileage from my 185$ back in Autum, I drove that thing everyday. Oh and also, at least the car went out with a (crunchy) bang. You can check out this Video if you want to see it break the fiddlesticking sound barrier and blow up:
Im considering getting a 3s typhon, putting in a SWB chassis (and a few other bits like 20t pinion and diffrent shocks etc.) and painting a Vorteks 4x4 body and putting that on there, to basically have a wider Vorteks 4x4, with 1/8 scale tires. The Raider has made me fallen in Love with 2WD and I would love to hear some suggestions about 2wd speedrun cars with a strong drivetrain and good handling I've tried the hpi firesorm (good car, horrendous electronics, no parts aswell) and the slash 2wd (literally the worst rc car ive ever had IMO) and have had no luck with those.

20210425_200716.jpg

20210426_100852.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back