Raider Arrma Raider

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N.Mango

🤪I swear the voices are real!🤪
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Typhon 6s
I wasnt back into the hobby when the Raider was out, in fact I didnt even know about it till just now. Arrma needs to bring it back with inboard motor and updated evrything. That buggy looks awesome!!! Not sure how it did or how people felt about it at the time but I would definitely want to make a sand rail out of one!!!
Anyone with connections to the company help a brother out and pitch the idea! ;) haha

2WD rigs are cheaper to produce and maintain. Just that they are not the best drivers. Everything has gone to 4WD these days.
The Typhon 3s is probably the closest alternative. IMO.

Would love a new version of the Raider!!

Someone’s selling a really clean one on Facebook Marketplace right now for 450$

236FEDDE-14F8-4A95-B6C3-F67EAC6E7C34.png

Thanks! I've seen a few already on ebay also. Could you imagine an updated version though?! One can dream. haha
I missed the boat on the raider xl too. Great concept tho..
I spent quite a bit of time trying to find a larger scale 2wd buggy but came up empty. There are some off branded out there. It's a niche for sure..

Feedback from the people who have owned the 2wd models is that the shocks are not good and finding good replacement shocks that fit is nearly impossible. The Aliexpress/Bangood/eBay specials fit but leak worse than the V1 Arrma 3s shocks. The early 2wd models had a tranny with a metal motor plate, metal tranny gears, aluminum tvp plates, aluminum front bulkhead plate, adjustable camber and toe links, the later models had a completely different tranny with a plastic motor plate, plastic tranny gears, no aluminum tvp plates, plastic front bulkhead plate, fixed camber and toe links.

Feedback from the people who have owned the 2wd models is that the shocks are not good and finding good replacement shocks that fit is nearly impossible. The Aliexpress/Bangood/eBay specials fit but leak worse than the V1 Arrma 3s shocks. The early 2wd models had a tranny with a metal motor plate, metal tranny gears, aluminum tvp plates, aluminum front bulkhead plate, adjustable camber and toe links, the later models had a completely different tranny with a plastic motor plate, plastic tranny gears, no aluminum tvp plates, plastic front bulkhead plate, fixed camber and toe links.
That‘s why they need to refresh and rerelease the 2wd models.

I was just viewing a vid on lubetube from Aussie RC, the brushless on 3s surely was a handful to drive!
Seems the V2 or shall I say later version with plastic gears was a nail in the coffin..

Jason said they weren't going to as they no longer have any of the molds or tooling.
Oof, I like 2wd buggies so the Raider would be perfect for me. I already have one 2wd buggy, my Kyosho Raider but, it’s too old to bash and parts are scarce for it. Maybe Arrma could make a whole new 2wd buggy.

I was just viewing a vid on lubetube from Aussie RC, the brushless on 3s surely was a handful to drive!
Seems the V2 or shall I say later version with plastic gears was a nail in the coffin..
An updated version with an inboard motor and all the good stuff! Handling...2wd slimish buggy/rail....the hand full to drive would put a huge smile on my face! ;)
Slim chassis LOOONG wheel travel!

As an example this an early version of the Granite 2wd Mega.
ERGDH39Y66V9EBPDDV42HZCBJYXRVXDPZ2X3FHTEEPXNFHZM4C.jpg

This is the later version.

Unboxing-ARRMA-Mega-Series-Granite-8.jpg

The 2wd buggy is gone.
The power of Surface RC these days needs 4wd to hook up. 2wd is much easier and cheaper in general.
Even at the tracks, 2wd is dead. Been that way for about 10 years now. There are a few other brands making them. But not really in a buggy theme. Buggies are dated. No demand for them.
If there was, we would see them more and more.
I see 2wd buggies more in 1/5 large scale. More of a niche size scale.
Very little in 1/10 scale. The Raider was an odd ball size. Hard to get parts and upgrade them without crazy $modding$. Because there was no demand for it.

The 2wd buggy is gone.
The power of Surface RC these days needs 4wd to hook up. 2wd is much easier and cheaper in general.
Even at the tracks, 2wd is dead. Been that way for about 10 years now. There are a few other brands making them. But not really in a buggy theme. Buggies are dated. No demand for them.
If there was, we would see them more and more.
I see 2wd buggies more in 1/5 large scale. More of a niche size scale.
Very little in 1/10 scale. The Raider was an odd ball size. Hard to get parts and upgrade them without crazy $modding$. Because there was no demand for it.
Uh 1/10 electric 2wd buggy is still the most popular class in rc racing. At the track here they have like 3 or 4 different groups of 2wd buggy then 1 group of 4wd, 1 group of 2wd short course trucks and 1 group of 4wd short course truck. 2wd buggies are the cheapest cars to get to get into rc racing which is the main reason for this.

Last edited:
^^^I always knew that it was. The most competiitve and hardest class to drive. A class that separates the men from the boys.:LOL:
I thought it petered out though. Just shop around for them. Only found in kit form for the most part. And hardly ever marketted as of late. Nothing new that is hyped lately.:unsure:
Tekno pulled out of 2wd.
TA stayed the course. Even some RTR 2wd.

^^^I always knew that it was. The most competiitve and hardest class to drive. A class that separates the men from the boys.:LOL:
I thought it petered out though. Just shop around for them. Only found in kit form for the most part. And hardly ever marketted as of late. Nothing new that is hyped lately.:unsure:
Yeah I'm thinking more on the sand rail type. The Losi DB PRO looks awesome with paddles in back but still doesn't have that killer suspension travel like a true sand rail.
8s-12s with paddles in back and smoothies up front
candream.jpg

8s-12s with paddles in back and smoothies up front
candream.jpg
candream2.jpg

Tekno pulled out of 2wd.
TA stayed the course. Even some RTR 2wd.
Traxxas, Serpent, Xray, Kyosho, Team Losi, Team Associated, Yokomo, Schumacher, 3Racing, Ecx, Tamiya, WL Toys, BSD Racing and HSP all make 2wd buggies. I am pretty sure there are more.

I don't remember Tekno making a 2wd buggy. They don't even show a 2wd in their legacy models section.

@slick2500 , You are correct.(y)

I just finshed searching.
Tekno never had 2wd.(y)(y)
Wonder why???
I always assumed they had a legacy 2wd back when.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back