Arrma Screw Part number decoder - Mostly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerold

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
Have you ever put it back together and had an extra screw or two laying around. Hmm I wonder where that goes. Some times it's missed completely or other times I swapped screws and ended up with an odd ball.

Typically I figure out what screw it is. Then I go to my schematic and look for something in the area that could be that particular screw. It works eventually. However, if I knew what the part number the screw is then search the schematic it would go a lot quicker.

Well my friend, I have a solution for you and it's the low low price of free.

-- Disclaimer --
  1. This is not an absolute or exhaustive list of all Arrma part numbers. There are some screws, most likely older ones or acquisitions, that don't follow this nomenclature
  2. Some schematics have incorrect or incomplete part numbers. For instance schematic use and AR prefix instead of ARA.
It turns out that most Arrma screw part numbers have a pattern to them.
1675647671352.png

To test this out I looked at patterns on Amain and decoded them in XLS. It seems to hold true for the most part, these all valid part numbers with the correct featuers.
1675646926053.png

In one of my adventures I had one of these left. I knew it's an M3x12 Cap screw.
1675644849349.png

Which means the part number should be something like ARA723312. Next confirm that on Amain
1675644946131.png

Then start searching the schematic,... Yup there it is.
1675645090773.png

Have you ever put it back together and had an extra screw or two laying around. Hmm I wonder where that goes. Some times it's missed completely or other times I swapped screws and ended up with an odd ball.

Typically I figure out what screw it is. Then I go to my schematic and look for something in the area that could be that particular screw. It works eventually. However, if I knew what the part number the screw is then search the schematic it would go a lot quicker.

-- Disclaimer --
  1. This is not an absolute or exhaustive list of all Arrma part numbers. There are some screws, most likely older ones or acquisitions, that don't follow this nomenclature
  2. Some schematics have incorrect or incomplete part numbers. For instance schematic use and AR prefix instead of ARA.
View attachment 275985
To test this out I looked at patterns on Amain and decoded them in XLS. It seems to hold true for the most part, these all valid part numbers with the correct featuers.
View attachment 275974

In one of my adventures I had one of these left. I knew it's an M3x12 Cap screw.

Which means the part number should be something like ARA723312. Next confirm that on Amain
View attachment 275965
View attachment 275966

Thank you.
Very helpful info.

-- Disclaimer --
View attachment 275985
View attachment 275974

View attachment 275965
View attachment 275966
Awesome, but why didn't you have this effin info for me 2 weeks ago when I was struggling with my Senton6s build!!! I could have really used that formula! Would have saved me days!! 😂 🤣

Great detective work!! Love it! 👍😁✌️

More than 90% of the time I replace button head with cap head type screws. Cap head screws usually use a larger and deeper hex drive size.
I do this as well.

I do this as well.
Same. As much as I hate to say it, Traxxas does have better schematics. They actually show you were the screw goes versus a bunch of hardware floating around the page in the general vicinity. Not a problem for a lot of us but it would REALLY make things easier for new folk joining in the hobby.

Been trying to stock up on different size screw kits but finding that doesn't always work. Helpful to no what numbers mean. Thanks!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back