Senton Arrma Senton 3S BLX ESC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hello Everyone, I would like to one of anyone could help me with my Arrma Senton 3S BLX ESC. I just received a new one from HH and it has two receiver plugs (the original has one). Now I have plugged in the one and plugged it into the motor but a charged battery, no power. I have attempted to also plug in the extra receiver plug into the “AUX”, still no power. I have even thought I could plug it into the “BIND”, still nothing. Any ideas or something I could of possibly missed, let me know. I am still working on it. (Also, this is a 2019 model) if that makes a difference. I would like to thank everyone that has helped me on here before and again to those that are able to help me now and is the future.

Wait.. the second is on the cord?
16108472000006678528832898064933.jpg

For motor fan

I appreciate that, it still does not function even with it not plugged into anything (the receiver plug that you are referring to).
I do not have a motor fan. What would I need to do with the receiver plug if I am not using it?

I appreciate that, it still does not function even with it not plugged into anything (the receiver plug that you are referring to).
I do not have a motor fan. What would I need to do with the receiver plug if I am not using it?
Wrap some electrical tape around it to seal from moisture and prevent possible shorts.

Will do. Thank you, I appreciate any and all help.
So, what else can I do that I haven’t as this brand new ESC still does not function?

There is one plug that comes out of the ESC and there is another plug with heat shrink onto the motor wire. The first plug coming out of the ESC gets plugged into THR on the receiver. The second is just an extension cable. You can plug it into Aux and it'll be ready for a motor fan if/when you decide to get one.

If you plugged the ESC into THR and nothing turns on, make sure you have the polarity correct (you should see a waveform or S for signal, + for positive and - for negative) - signal is white, positive is red and negative is black

Never tried plugging an ESC into a bind port - hope that didn't fry the receiver.

The BLX100 has known issues. Its either really good or doesn't work. I fried mine just before Christmas. Bought a new one that didn't work. Contacted Horizon and there was a new one at my door in 4 days. But there are several things to try first(they will ask). When you say there's nothing, do you mean nothing at all? No throttle and no steering? And are you sure the inputs are plugged in the right place each?
If possible, take some pics and post of reciever, battery connections, and ..... wait..... did you turn the switch on? Lol(old story)

I will do that tomorrow and see if that works. I believe I have attempted that with no success but I will definitely follow the directions to see if it will indeed work. Thank you for your response.
Yes, there is no power at all and I have attempted to connect 2 different fully charged batteries. Yes, I plugged on the one from the ESC to the ‘THR’, nothing happens. The power of off the entire time and I have checked connections, then when I turn the power on, nothing at all.
Here are the pictures of the new one (left) and original (right). 2 different pictures so that you can see the whole ESC. I have a 2019 model, I’m not sure of it matters but I wanted to mention it.
I will post more pictures and post of receiver, battery and connections tomorrow. 😂🤣 Thank you, yes I did turn the power on, I would of totally felt like the most obvious answer was the early overlooked on my part. Thank you for your response.
Early=easily

Attachments

• 0740D9B3-1644-40B4-9A1F-98F240017ACF.jpeg
    0740D9B3-1644-40B4-9A1F-98F240017ACF.jpeg
    591.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 2B4BB0FD-8BC1-41CE-8B20-9CEFCE33FD60.jpeg
    2B4BB0FD-8BC1-41CE-8B20-9CEFCE33FD60.jpeg
    519.1 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Hello Everyone, so I think I found the problem. The ESC plugged into the receiver was not pushed all the way in and then the ESC 5 adapter connector needed to be changed out. I think possibly the receiver itself my need to be changed out as well. I treated it to move forward and backwards and it responded but I will take it or today to see how it goes. I will keep all of you updated. Thank you again for everyone’s assistance and time in this matter. I truly appreciate each and everyone of you. Also, if anyone wants to add to this thread with ideas or anything, please do so. 👍🏻

Hello Everyone, ok, after a couple of days ( a few minutes when I can get to it), here is what I have found. First, change out the EC5 Deans Male Plug (this was the problem with no power), (if you are using them currently), then tune the ESC to your liking (any questions on this, let me know), after that Set up the throttle. This should be the solution for anyone having this same problem/issue. If there is anything else to add, please do. I always appreciate anyone else’s perspective or other solutions. Thank you to everyone.

I don’t recommend using adapters for anything but charging. Probably not even that.

It is worth learning to solder your own connectors. EC5 are compatible with the IC5 the truck comes with. Lots of videos on YouTube on how to solder connectors. You could also ask a friend or your LHS to put the right connectors on your batteries.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back