Senton Arrma Senton 3S BLX ESC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent, thank you L3phturn, I will look into that. I was actually thinking of seeing how to connect the battery directly to the ESC without any connectors.

Guys on this board told
Me what soldering iron to get: Weller SP80NUS Heavy Duty LED Soldering Iron

Use the big chisel tip. Smaller or lower powered irons can’t keep hot enough with 10 awg wire used on LiPos. Takes a little practice but it’s worth it.

Speaking of which, I have a matched pair of cheap lipos I got a deal on I need to swap from XT60 to XT90. Or maybe it’s time to bite the bullet(s) and switch to EC5 all around. It’s only charging leads, 10 batteries, and four ESCs. 🙃

Guys on this board told
Me what soldering iron to get: Weller SP80NUS Heavy Duty LED Soldering Iron

Use the big chisel tip. Smaller or lower powered irons can’t keep hot enough with 10 awg wire used on LiPos. Takes a little practice but it’s worth it.

Speaking of which, I have a matched pair of cheap lipos I got a deal on I need to swap from XT60 to XT90. Or maybe it’s time to bite the bullet(s) and switch to EC5 all around. It’s only charging leads, 10 batteries, and four ESCs. 🙃
I was on that fence too. The Redcat was Banana, the 3s was EC5, and the 6s was XT90. The GoolRc upgrade on the redcat was EC2. And EVERY Lipo I bought new was Dean's. I have this theory that on Amazon, nobody buys Dean's which is why I often see them sold cheaper as a set. I guess the 3s choose for me. When I got the 6s I looked into which was better, EC5 or XT90. People had preferences yet there wasn't any data backing up one or the other, other than the belief EC5 had more "contact" between connections and therefore must be better. Honestly, I'm surprised I haven't sweated one together myself yet. I've been soldering pipes for 21 years. Sure the techniques and tools are different, but the principle is the same. But at $5 a connection(including the connection), I tell myself that "Guru" is doing it far better than I could. Still, I SHOULD practice and refine that skill for those emergency times.

I was on that fence too. The Redcat was Banana, the 3s was EC5, and the 6s was XT90. The GoolRc upgrade on the redcat was EC2. And EVERY Lipo I bought new was Dean's. I have this theory that on Amazon, nobody buys Dean's which is why I often see them sold cheaper as a set. I guess the 3s choose for me. When I got the 6s I looked into which was better, EC5 or XT90. People had preferences yet there wasn't any data backing up one or the other, other than the belief EC5 had more "contact" between connections and therefore must be better. Honestly, I'm surprised I haven't sweated one together myself yet. I've been soldering pipes for 21 years. Sure the techniques and tools are different, but the principle is the same. But at $5 a connection(including the connection), I tell myself that "Guru" is doing it far better than I could. Still, I SHOULD practice and refine that skill for those emergency times.

I have saved more $ on batteries on sale with Traxxas or Deans connectors than I spent for a soldering iron, connectors, heat shrink, and solder.

I researched and chose XT60 for 1/10 stuff and XT90 for larger, but that was before Inhad a couple of Arrmas and before I knew HH owned half of the brands out there and was going all IC5. I hate brand specific crap that tries to lock me in, one more reason I don’t like Traxxas. I think HH did it right with a balance/telemetry lead built in but compatible with a cheap amd common good quality connector.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back