Senton Arrma senton 3s shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

12mcfatl

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hey people new to the fourm here. And I just got a 3s senton and I have damaged one of the rear shocks. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement? Or what would be a good upgrade and where to get it thanks.

Jenny's RC on ebay should have what you need...... The 6's Senton or Typhon shocks would be a good upgrade.

Found something that should work. Thanks

Hey people new to the fourm here. And I just got a 3s senton and I have damaged one of the rear shocks. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement? Or what would be a good upgrade and where to get it thanks.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QXT83JV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QZXJR2P/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Direct fit no mods, threaded aluminum and bleeder hole. Excellent replacement over stock.

@esowins Please keep keep us up to date on the HR shock bodies. I was thinking of them also but lie @slick2500 mentioned, I too heard rumours of leakage but stuff can happen to any brand and it doesn't mean that there is a systemic issue so keen to know how you go

So I've had a hand full of battery cycles on the HR shockbodys. First impressions are.

Build quality is great. I dig the aluminum and easily adjustable.

At first oil leakage was a problem but once I changed the oil to something a little thicker I didn't have any leaks. I think anything above 35 should do great

Only down fall is I tried to loosen one of the bleeder screws and didn't get a quarter rotation befor it snapped the head off. And that was with little force. Luckily it doesn't leak but I didn't chance the other one.

I'm no serious racer by any means. I throw my rc on the ground and punch it and these are great for that. They have taken a serious beating and are still holding up. 7/10 would buy again. Hope this helps. Feel free to ask any questions.

So I've had a hand full of battery cycles on the HR shockbodys. First impressions are.

Build quality is great. I dig the aluminum and easily adjustable.

At first oil leakage was a problem but once I changed the oil to something a little thicker I didn't have any leaks. I think anything above 35 should do great

Only down fall is I tried to loosen one of the bleeder screws and didn't get a quarter rotation befor it snapped the head off. And that was with little force. Luckily it doesn't leak but I didn't chance the other one.

I'm no serious racer by any means. I throw my rc on the ground and punch it and these are great for that. They have taken a serious beating and are still holding up. 7/10 would buy again. Hope this helps. Feel free to ask any questions.
Ive not had any leaking, but i use TLR 40wt oil in mine. Just installed a set on my kids senton since they worked out so well for me. I haven't had any issues with the bleeder screw on any of the 8 I have. I'm guessing that it was tightened in too tight to start with, or just bad luck.

I'm getting ready to do an upgrade my stock shocks on my Granite 4x4 truck! Next weekend I will be Turing a few wrenches and installing these in the picture that I have attached below/
shocks.jpg

Last edited:
I'm getting ready to do an upgrade to my stock shocks on my Granite 4x4 truck! Next weekend I will be Turing a few wrenches and installing these in the picture that I have attached below/
View attachment 42578
Those won't work for the Arrma vehicles. The rears for the Traxxas vehicles are slightly shorter than the Arrma fronts.

@slick2500 - are you 100% sure mate? The only reason why I ask is per my LHS they have installed a half a dozen of these or so on granite trucks with no complaints!

Anyhow, what about these? Please feel free to chime in Granite peps!
How about the 2019 v4 Arrma Outcast / Kraton 6s BLX Aluminum 4mm Shock Set Front Rear Springs that they recommend on the Arrma Hop ups! Will these fit my Granite 4x4 truck?

Stock Arrma Typhon shocks.jpg

Last edited:
@slick2500 - are you 100% sure mate? The only reason why I ask is per my LHS they have installed a half a dozen of these or so on granite trucks with no complaints!

How about the 2019 v4 Arrma Outcast / Kraton 6s BLX Aluminum 4mm Shock Set Front Rear Springs that they recommend on the Arrma Hop ups! Will these fit my Granite 4x4 truck?

View attachment 42603
Too stiff. Typhon 6s shocks are much better for your Granite.

View attachment 42603
Yes I am 100% sure as I have a 3s Typhon and 2 Traxxas Stampede and the shocks on both Stampedes are shorter than the Arrma shocks. Like I said the rear Traxxas shocks are shorter than the Arrma fronts. Once you put them next to the Arrma shocks you will see.

And your LHS sounds like a place I would never go, suggesting people use shocks that are too short for the vehicle. And of course they are going to tell you that they have done it to dozens of others vehicles and haven't had any complaints they are out to make money remember.

Many thanks I will pick up a pair of the Typhoon shocks for install then! Thank you!
I have them installed on my 3S Granite, 3S Senton and 3S Typhon (Outcast 4S is next I think) and they are perfect. Here are a few pics.

Attachments

• Granite Six.jpg
    Granite Six.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 83
  • Granite Two.jpg
    Granite Two.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 84
  • Granite Three.jpg
    Granite Three.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 80
  • Granite Four.jpg
    Granite Four.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 81
  • Granite Five.jpg
    Granite Five.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 83
Where did you buy them from?
Jennys RC. About $65 for the set of 4 shipped. They come with aluminum caps now, so you wont have to get those separately. To keep them away from the drive shafts, I used the spacers on the bottom of the shocks that come with traxxas 1937 ($4 for all) with traxxas 2580 20mm screws (stock are 16mm) and servo saver splines that come with traxxas servo savers in the top to keep them tight.

What about the BIG BORE ALUMINUM Shocks For the Arrma Senton Granite Typhon 4x4 3s BLX 4x4 trucks/buggy?

Attachments

• Big Bore Shocks.jpg
    Big Bore Shocks.jpg
    295.1 KB · Views: 82
  • Shocks1.jpg
    Shocks1.jpg
    293 KB · Views: 40
  • shocks2.jpg
    shocks2.jpg
    275.4 KB · Views: 41
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back