Senton Arrma Senton 4x4 3s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nikita

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am very new to this Rc hobby.

I have an Arrma Senton 3s.

I am using 3s lipos with 5200mAh and 50c.

I am getting around 13 to 16 minutes of runtime and I wanted to ask if it is normal?

Also, I am stopping when the ESC makes my car go much slower and eventually stops driving. I am able to steer but the throttle does not work. When this happens I am getting a slow flashing red led on the ESC. What does that mean?

If I get a bigger battery will the run time increase?

Thank you

Time doesn’t seem abnormal but really depends on driving style. Your esc will go into LVC when voltage is low. You should stop running and unplug batteries to ensure they do not fall below recommend voltage. As for longer run times the mah will dictate how long It will run. Larger is better. You have 5200mah battery so 6500mah would be bigger and run longer.

Time doesn’t seem abnormal but really depends on driving style. Your esc will go into LVC when voltage is low. You should stop running and unplug batteries to ensure they do not fall below recommend voltage. As for longer run times the mah will dictate how long It will run. Larger is better. You have 5200mah battery so 6500mah would be bigger and run longer.

Alright!

I found 6000 mAh batteries so I will see how they work.

Thanks for the quick reply

Alright!

I found 6000 mAh batteries so I will see how they work.

Thanks for the quick reply
No problem just make sure to check C rating. 50 is good anything above is fine. It’s when you get to 30 or 25 that some esc have issues.

No problem just make sure to check C rating. 50 is good anything above is fine. It’s when you get to 30 or 25 that some esc have issues.
just don't use anything higher than a 3s un less you what to upgrades more electronics

[/QUOTe

The ones that I found their rating is 80c so it should be fine I hope.

I have times the runs with the 5200mAh battery and as I said before it was between 13 and 16 min. So when I get the new one I will see how it goes.

You need to measure the voltage when this happens to check it’s not going into early lvc which is a common problem on the recent blx100 . My typhon was doing it and cutting out at 3.8 . It was sent to arrma repair partners in the uk . They acknowledged the problem and said they would flash a new firmware . It now goes to 3.4 - 3.5 per cell just like my kraton

Just a word of caution here.

1) C ratings are usually number made up by the marketing dept. they aren’t normally accurate or even tied to testing. They can be trusted. That said, buy the best you can justify. I won’t buy less than a 50C rated lipo from a brand trusted by myself or people I trust.

2) Buying a much larger mah pack may come back to bite you. I prefer to bash with 5000mah packs only. The added weight is a diminishing return. The heavier your rig, the slower and shorter of runtime. So I prefer to have multiple 5000mah packs on hand. When you hit LVC on the first, throw in the second.

✌?

just don't use anything higher than a 3s un less you what to upgrades more electronics
Thank you!

For the moment I am not planing on upgrading but thanks. I will stay within 3s.

Another thing. When I am charging my batteries I am not getting the full mAh charge. So if the battery is 5200mAh I am getting around 3400 to 4200 and then the charger says that its full. Is that normal?
You need to measure the voltage when this happens to check it’s not going into early lvc which is a common problem on the recent blx100 . My typhon was doing it and cutting out at 3.8 . It was sent to arrma repair partners in the uk . They acknowledged the problem and said they would flash a new firmware . It now goes to 3.4 - 3.5 per cell just like my kraton
Hello! Thanks for the reply!

How can I measure it?

The
Thank you!

For the moment I am not planing on upgrading but thanks. I will stay within 3s.

Another thing. When I am charging my batteries I am not getting the full mAh charge. So if the battery is 5200mAh I am getting around 3400 to 4200 and then the charger says that its full. Is that normal?

Hello! Thanks for the reply!

How can I measure it?
the battery will never be fully empty so the info you’re getting is how much it’s put to return it to full mah

No not at all they don’t need to go empty -full ect , just use storage voltage to store

Hello everyone! I am very new to this Rc hobby.

I have an Arrma Senton 3s.

I am using 3s lipos with 5200mAh and 50c.

I am getting around 13 to 16 minutes of runtime and I wanted to ask if it is normal?

Also, I am stopping when the ESC makes my car go much slower and eventually stops driving. I am able to steer but the throttle does not work. When this happens I am getting a slow flashing red led on the ESC. What does that mean?

If I get a bigger battery will the run time increase?

Thank you

My brother has a 3s senton and has had similar runtime issues... I would say that that around 15 minutes is too short, and it should really be lasting 20-30 minutes, but I guess with the higher kv motor and steeper gearing it drains really fast.
The

the battery will never be fully empty so the info you’re getting is how much it’s put to return it to full mah

^^^ this is great information....
also as far as batteries go, I have had amazing luck with dynamite 3s 5000mah 50c packs. i get around 45 minutes to 1 hour runtime on my axial yeti.

Last edited:
A 5000mah pack should last about 15-20 mins with moderate use. If you are driving in grass, it will knock off 5 mins. If you drive it like you stole it, knock off another 5 mins. Drive like a grandma on paved surfaces and you could see 30 mins. But everything is relative. Quality and age of your packs makes a big difference. So does the condition of your bearings.

A 5000mah pack should last about 15-20 mins with moderate use. If you are driving in grass, it will knock off 5 mins. If you drive it like you stole it, knock off another 5 mins. Drive like a grandma on paved surfaces and you could see 30 mins. But everything is relative. Quality and age of your packs makes a big difference. So does the condition of your bearings.
I am driving it on paved surfaces and I am pushing the throttle pretty hard most of the time. Lime I might go gradually from 0 to 75 and some burst of 100% throttle. On grass it's true that the first run was very short.

I will see how other batteries last.

In case I decide to change gears. Is it possible to increase the run time? If so then which gears should I pick?

I am running stock at the moment

Whats your final voltage after the run for every cell? Should be arround 3.5-3.6v. If its higher than 3.8 you have a defective esc. Known issue atm with the new blx100's firmware issue you can try to factory reset the esc like i did in mine becaus ei had the opposite happen esc cutted at 3.2v on my k4s it was hot outside thats maybe why since i factory rest lvc has been working normally now
If what i said above has happen call horizon for a remplacement esc it will be covered under warranty f 2 years on the electronics. They might send you the blx 120 instead if they do do NOT run 4s on it or might cook the motor
I have noticed if you go really slow when it makes thay beeping noise it draws more current than going 50% throttle i saw that with my lipo checker they dropped way more

I run 7600 mAh, 75c 3s Powerhobby batteries, the extra weight actually helps my Granite hold turns better. I still have the 5200 mAh's I originally bought, I find myself rolling all the time if I use them since I'm used to the extra weight. While the laws of physics says it will also go slower, jump lower with more weight, in reality it is not noticeable. I get 30 minutes run time with the 7600's. 15 minutes with the 5200's. With the longer run time, I needed a motor fan to prevent overheating.

Last edited:
I run 7600 mAh, 75c Powerhobby batteries, the extra weight actually helps my Granite hold turns better. I still have the 5200 mAh's I originally bought, I find myself rolling all the time if I use them since I'm used to the extra weight. While the laws of physics says it will also go slower, jump lower with more weight, in reality it is not noticeable. I get 30 minutes run time with the 7600's. 15 minutes with the 5200's. With the longer run time, I needed a motor fan to prevent overheating.
When I went from 3S to 4S I noticed a big handling difference. I also break quite a few more chassis too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back