Senton Arrma Senton 4x4 Mega V3 Brushless Upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LockiJaw

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm new to this forum, thus I apologize if I'm making any sort of mistakes here.

So I just ordered an Arrma Senton Mega V3, it should arrive here within a couple of days
and I have ordered the Hobbywing WPBL60 Brushless Esc and scavenged a 2700kv brushless
motor from my other 10th scale rc.

I was wondering other than getting a center driveshaft bearing upgrade(from the blx versions),
aluminium motor mount, and a 57t plastic spur gear(again from the blx versions),what else will I
need?

I suppose the diffs are 4s capable although I'll be running it on 3s only.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Hey guys!

I'm new to this forum, thus I apologize if I'm making any sort of mistakes here.

So I just ordered an Arrma Senton Mega V3, it should arrive here within a couple of days
and I have ordered the Hobbywing WPBL60 Brushless Esc and scavenged a 2700kv brushless
motor from my other 10th scale rc.

I was wondering other than getting a center driveshaft bearing upgrade(from the blx versions),
aluminium motor mount, and a 57t plastic spur gear(again from the blx versions),what else will I
need?

I suppose the diffs are 4s capable although I'll be running it on 3s only.

Any advice would be much appreciated!
Just gotta ask....

Any reason you didn't go with the brushless Senton BLX in the first place? $90 more and it would be ready outta the box....not that what you're doing is 'wrong', but ......just wondering..... and glad you are on board with the Arrma crew.....

Give the guys a chance to see your post, guys who know more about Sentons than I ever will that can give you the straight scoop

Welcome to the forum, by the way.... ...

My advice would be the same - return it and get the BLX system. The 2 year warranty on electronics as well as having a system that was designed for the car (proper kV range, mounting, etc) on top of the money you would save.

Cancel the mega order and order the blx.

Cancel the Mega order or return and get the blx version. I got the Typhon MEGA some months ago, disappointed with the low speed (safe and u breakable though). since I am not in US it costs me more to import and upgrade it to a good 3s than ordering the new Blx version. Now the Mega is for my daughter and replacement parts for the new 3s.

Just gotta ask....

Any reason you didn't go with the brushless Senton BLX in the first place? $90 more and it would be ready outta the box....not that what you're doing is 'wrong', but ......just wondering..... and glad you are on board with the Arrma crew.....

Give the guys a chance to see your post, guys who know more about Sentons than I ever will that can give you the straight scoop

Welcome to the forum, by the way.... ...
Thank you for replying!

I had my money saved up for the blx version of the senton at first.

Unfortunately they ran out of stock for the blx version online and the place I'm currently living at has no local hobby store nearby.
They only had the brushed version of the senton and granite available online and after some research I found out the current V3 mega's
and blx's line up don't differ much in terms of drivetrain and few other stuff.

So I just went ahead and purchased the brushed version hoping it would be a fun project converting it to brushless.
My advice would be the same - return it and get the BLX system. The 2 year warranty on electronics as well as having a system that was designed for the car (proper kV range, mounting, etc) on top of the money you would save.
I wish I could but where I live at ,there aren't any blx arrma's available to order at the moment. Fastest would be in May and by then I will be back in college busy with other stuff :(
Cancel the Mega order or return and get the blx version. I got the Typhon MEGA some months ago, disappointed with the low speed (safe and u breakable though). since I am not in US it costs me more to import and upgrade it to a good 3s than ordering the new Blx version. Now the Mega is for my daughter and replacement parts for the new 3s.
I live outside of US as well and parts availability is quite tough over here, but I've been wanting an arrma for weeks now and couldn't help myself at the end lol. Thanks for the reply!

Last edited:
Where are you located? If you don't mind me asking.

The 10BL60 is a 60 A ESC while a stock Senton BLX comes with a 100A ESC - so you'll probably blow that thing up pretty quickly. What size is your 2700kV motor?

Sure, it's a "fun" project, but you're going to be out a good bunch more money than just buying the BLX outright, and you won't have a warranty on any of the electronics.

Where are you located? If you don't mind me asking.

The 10BL60 is a 60 A ESC while a stock Senton BLX comes with a 100A ESC - so you'll probably blow that thing up pretty quickly. What size is your 2700kV motor?

Sure, it's a "fun" project, but you're going to be out a good bunch more money than just buying the BLX outright, and you won't have a warranty on any of the electronics.
Not at all, southeast Asia, Malaysia.

The brushless motor I got is a standard 540 sized can.

Hmm, should I just stick with the brushed electronics with this? In that case I don't have to dump any more money into it.

You saved Zero $coin$ by getting a Mega 4x4 (brushed setup) and upgrading to BXL out the box. Cancel your order ASAP or return it quick. Just Get a 3s BLX 4x4. Do it the right way!
If you came here to Arrma Forum first, you would have saved yourself time, $$ and frustration.
By the time you upgrade the drivetrain as well as the easy part of BLX ESC and motor, you could have purchased another rig. The $math$ simply doesn't work.
Take the advice from most of the above posts. If Not necessarily mine. 🤷‍♂️
Good luck.
Welcome to AF.:cool:

Not at all, southeast Asia, Malaysia.

The brushless motor I got is a standard 540 sized can.

Hmm, should I just stick with the brushed electronics with this? In that case I don't have to dump any more money into it.
Run it brushed and call it a day. Leave it alone if you are stuck with it. 🤷‍♂️
Honestly, living in your part of the globe, I am sure you had much other better RC Brand options with way better availability, parts and kit wise.
I know Arrma is hard to source in many places, country's and not practical for many. This is true for many brands, not just Arrma. Brands tend to be regional and more targeted to certain country's. Always been that way with RC in general.

Run it brushed and call it a day. Leave it alone if you are stuck with it. 🤷‍♂️
Honestly, living in your part of the globe, I am sure you had much other better RC Brand options with way better availability, parts and kit wise.
I know Arrma is hard to source in many places, country's and not practical for many. This is true for many brands, not just Arrma. Brands tend to be regional and more targeted to certain country's. Always been that way with RC in general.
Hey man, thanks for the reply!

As many of you guys has suggested, I have requested to cancel the order on the senton mega.

You guys are right, this will cost me a whole lot more to make it brushless capable.
Guess I was just really hyped to get an arrma at last but oh well.

Hope the cancellation process goes well!

Hey man, thanks for the reply!

As many of you guys has suggested, I have requested to cancel the order on the senton mega.

You guys are right, this will cost me a whole lot more to make it brushless capable.
Guess I was just really hyped to get an arrma at last but oh well.

Hope the cancellation process goes well!
Me too,,,,,,get the blx......it’s worth the wait !!!!! Yes, your location does factor in, but wait for the blx....maybe the seller could credit the mega purchase towards the blx ? Is that an option ?

Glad you are joining us in a fun hobby !

@LockiJaw, Absolutely picked a great brand. Just its hard to get in some areas. Hate for you to waste your money. RC is expensive a hobby as it is.
What other Better brands seem popular there where you are? I am familiar with some of them out there.
Curious.:)

@LockiJaw, Absolutely picked a great brand. Just its hard to get in some areas. Hate for you to waste your money. RC is expensive a hobby as it is.
What other Better brands seem popular there where you are? I am familiar with some of them out there.
Gmade is based in Korea.......
Was wondering how that worked out for you......glad you found a home for the mega, how does the daughter like it? How old is she? It cool to see kids take on the fun of this hobby......glad you got yourself a blx....... it’s definitely an upgrade ! Glad you responded in this thread

Last edited:
Me too,,,,,,get the blx......it’s worth the wait !!!!! Yes, your location does factor in, but wait for the blx....maybe the seller could credit the mega purchase towards the blx ? Is that an option ?

Glad you are joining us in a fun hobby

Thanks for the reply man!

Ikr, the blx versions would be totally worth it..

I'm afraid I can't credit the mega purchase towards a blx one cause they won't be in stock for another couple of months :(
First thing that came into my mind are HSP rc's.

Parts are available locally for almost every model and they are dirt cheap!

I myself do own one actually, it was my first brushless 10th scale onroad rc. Thing rips over 50mph on 3s lol

Other than the hsp, traxxas TRX-4 line ups are getting really popular as well, and followed by kyosho mini z's

Oh and I almost forgot, many dudes over here love JDM vehicles thus getting themselves into the drifiting hobby which is backed up by Yokomo, 3racing and few other brands.

Arrma has just started to show up but parts availability still seems non existence, locally atleast. There are options to order from china which sells genuine arrma parts apparently.

Last edited:
Back