Senton Arrma senton 4x4 wheel hex hubs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

12mcfatl

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Are people changing the wheel hex hubs on the senton 4x4? If so what to? Or where can I get some tires? Lol blew one out and cant seem to easily find a set that fit the hex hubs.

Most are going down to 12mm hex due to easy to find wheels.

I was thinking about going to 17mm but I'm worried some wheel and tire combos will rub.

I was thinking about going to 17mm but I'm worried some wheel and tire combos will rub.
I did the HR 17mm hubs with 10mm offset and they work great! ??

I’m running a Typhon 3S that used to be a Granite BLX. 10mm offset was fine on both.

12mm hex has more options for 1/10 wheels than 17mm does but 17mm is a much better hex as far as durability goes. 12mm hexes are easier to strip the hex itself or the wheel.

As I mentioned in another thread I think the 12mm hex being easily stripped was part of the reason why Arrma went with the 14mm hex instead of 12mm.

That being said I think I would probably still go the 17mm route there are a few options that you can do, Hot Racing makes some 17mm hex adapters that work or you could use the Typhon 3s hexes.

I went with the HR 17mm adapters and the Typhon 3S wheels and tires after a tip from @Don mercier
So far they have worked great.

12mm hex has more options for 1/10 wheels than 17mm does but 17mm is a much better hex as far as durability goes. 12mm hexes are easier to strip the hex itself or the wheel.

As I mentioned in another thread I think the 12mm hex being easily stripped was part of the reason why Arrma went with the 14mm hex instead of 12mm.

That being said I think I would probably still go the 17mm route there are a few options that you can do, Hot Racing makes some 17mm hex adapters that work or you could use the Typhon 3s hexes.

so if i buy the standard wheel hexes from a typhon 3s (ARA310904) it would fit a senton 3s blx?

so if i buy the standard wheel hexes from a typhon 3s (ARA310904) it would fit a senton 3s blx?
No because the Typhon axles don’t use the same nut as the other 3S/4S line. You can use the Typhon hex’s if you also swap to the Typhon axles. But the stock Typhon hubs don’t extend your offset. The HR ones give you 10mm of offset and use the threaded axles.

Typhon Axle

Senton Axle

No because the Typhon axles don’t use the same nut as the other 3S/4S line. You can use the Typhon hex’s if you also swap to the Typhon axles. But the stock Typhon hubs don’t extend your offset. The HR ones give you 10mm of offset and use the threaded axles.

Typhon Axle
View attachment 43125

Senton Axle
View attachment 43126
thanks!, sorry my Englisch is not that good, but if im correct: when i buy the HR 17mm hex adapters i don't have to change anything else?

thanks!, sorry my Englisch is not that good, but if im correct: when i buy the HR 17mm hex adapters i don't have to change anything else?
Correct. The HR hex’s come with everything you need to mount 17mm hex wheels on your Arrma 4x4.

I finaly have them for my senton 3s. so can i now put on every tire that would fit a senton 6s?
Size wise yes. However keep in mind the power it takes to spin 3.8 based wheels. You will be popping driveshafts and overheating often if you run large tires on the stock 20T pinion. Drop to a 15T with big tires to avoid these issues. ??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back