Arrma Senton 6s BLX vs Traxxas Slash Ultimate (Head On)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ewebster79

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fazon
Sorry the video will not upload. But here is the damage to both.

I like a good Traxxas massacre as much as the next guy, but a 6s Senton is an aluminum beast, that literally smashed head on into a plastic box. It's comparable to a dump truck hitting a Honda. How did this happen?

Yeah. That's what happens when you have an SCT designed heavy hitting an SCT designed to be light. It's kind of like an 04 dodge ram hemi and a ford mustang of the same year. They're both super quick, but one is quick because it's light, the other because it has power.

And durability wise, the senton is built to have an 8th scale motor, so it's built with more metal to not crumble on impacts. The slash is built to have a 10TH scale motor, so it doesn't need aluminum or anything, and is pretty durable how it is. When you put an 8th scale motor in a slash then you get problems with durability.

Smash them together and that's what happens.

Yeah. That's what happens when you have an SCT designed heavy hitting an SCT designed to be light. It's kind of like an 04 dodge ram hemi and a ford mustang of the same year. They're both super quick, but one is quick because it's light, the other because it has power.

And durability wise, the senton is built to have an 8th scale motor, so it's built with more metal to not crumble on impacts. The slash is built to have a 10TH scale motor, so it doesn't need aluminum or anything, and is pretty durable how it is. When you put an 8th scale motor in a slash then you get problems with durability.

Smash them together and that's what happens.
Funny you should mention an 8th scale motor in a tenth scale truck. Meet my Slash.?

Attachments

• 20181113_155701.jpg
    20181113_155701.jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 87
Looks like one of you (assuming it was you and a friend/family member driving the cars) should have went to your 'other left'!

Funny you should mention an 8th scale motor in a tenth scale truck. Meet my Slash.?
Ripper 2000?
Many including myself have put 8th scale motors in our slashes, my combo was the Sidewinder 8th, but it weighs the truck down so much that it breaks every time I took it out, and many can agree that’s just how it is with slashes so either you sold it and came here or you put in some mamba max pro and an elongated 10th scale motor. It’s just not built to handle the extra weight of an 8th scale system and battery.

Last edited:
Ripper 2000?
Many including myself have put 8th scale motors in our slashes, my combo was the Sidewinder 8th, but it weighs the truck down so much that it breaks every time I took it out, and many can agree that’s just how it is with slashes so either you sold it and came here or you put in some mamba max pro and an elongated 10th scale motor. It’s just not built to handle the extra weight of an 8th scale system and battery.
New shocks, MIP X Duty axles, X 01 difs, 17mm hubs, a 150A esc (not shown) aluminum bell crank, new servo, aluminum motor mount and steel spur. A few other less noticeable tweaks as well, and she rips pretty nice. Definitely not launching it through the air, but she handles low jumps and rough surfaces pretty well. I ran fishing line around the tires to keep the ridiculous ballooning down. 4s all day, every day.

New shocks, MIP X Duty axles, X 01 difs, 17mm hubs, a 150A esc (not shown) aluminum bell crank, new servo, aluminum motor mount and steel spur. A few other less noticeable tweaks as well, and she rips pretty nice. Definitely not launching it through the air, but she handles low jumps and rough surfaces pretty well. I ran fishing line around the tires to keep the ridiculous ballooning down. 4s all day, every day.
Sounds a lot like my Slash. But I haven't driven the thing since I bought the V2 Senton ages ago. I even bought an aluminum chassis for the thing but never swapped it. Maybe I get around to it one of these days :LOL:

Sounds a lot like my Slash. But I haven't driven the thing since I bought the V2 Senton ages ago. I even bought an aluminum chassis for the thing but never swapped it. Maybe I get around to it one of these days :LOL:
It's my "winter beater" lol.

I ran 14mm hubs and 5s but did have the MIP’s and a steel spur, along with xo-1 diffs. I sent it all the time and the breakages were out of hand after putting in the Sidewinder 8th so I ditched the whole truck all together

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back