Arrma senton 6s overheating, blx 185 weirdness!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoNoHarm

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
This car is running the stock blx 185 and stock 2050 motor and radared at 85mph. I’m not here to speed run, I just like that extra umph when I’m hitting a jump and nail it right at the base. So the truck overheats sometimes, not a surprise. Normally the truck cuts power and the red LED starts flashing. Today I overheated (again) probably the 4th overheat this ESC has seen. It doesn’t have a fan on it but doesn’t seem to matter because the truck is so light. I temped the heat sink at 205 Fahrenheit but couldn’t repeat it for the photo, because the gun kept reading the temp of the plastic (a whopping 158 degrees, wow that’s hot for plastic, that metal was hot as hell.)
image.jpg

The truck is on and running in the photo taken. There was no red flashing LED at all. Batteries were at 11.4 volts each, which is long before LVC should kick in. Even then, if it was low voltage cutoff, the light would still be flashing red. No lights! And a permanent brake. The esc had the brakes stuck on at the time of taking this picture and afterwards it cooled down, I tried unplugging it and plugging it back in with new batteries, but it still has the brakes on hard and flashes no green light upon startup. Thoughts? Mine are: don’t overheat your escs.

Edit: that red in the background is my temp gun laser. Sorry for the confusion:
image.jpg

Sweet update! Recalibrated her and it’s ripping once again. Let me make a mental note to get a fan. Man this just goes to show there’s always a way out of tragedy. I was getting ready to bury my venerable blx 185, that would’ve been so sad.

Last edited:
You said it doesn't need a fan because it is a light rig.Yet it over heats at 85mph?
You pretty much answered your question. It does matter. A good fan is in order.:unsure:
Enjoy the speed with a fan. Still watch the temps. A Fan is not the be all end all for a hot setup.
:p

You said it doesn't need a fan because it is a light rig.Yet it over heats at 85mph?
You pretty much answered your question. It does matter. A good fan is in order.:unsure:
Enjoy the speed with a fan. Still watch the temps. A Fan is not the be all end all for a hot setup.
:p
I tried to stress in my post that the reason for posting was not “why is my stuff overheating” I know it’ll get hot. I posted because I was wondering if anyone had solutions for my esc having locked up brakes. Thanks for the reply though.

But to get into the heat, it’s really not that bad unless I run it for two rotations of batteries. Normally I run a set and I’m finished but today I ran two sets, which by the middle of the second packs it finally overheated. It actually runs way cooler than you’d think just because it’s so much smaller and lighter.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back