Arrma Senton like a Traxxas UDR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gibawatts

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I have seen some videos of the UDR driving and it drifts and slides beautifully. I read that it has a solid rear axle, so no rear differential. Any one have experience with locking the rear diff? I know what is needed, just want to know about handling and durability.

A solid or live axle doesn’t necessarily mean a locked differential, simply it doesn’t have independent suspension. That said, the UDR has both a solid axle WITH a locked rear diff.
To get a locked or so stiff it is nearly locked diff in a Senton is pretty simple, just fill it with very thick fluid , or “lock” it with some putty .
Getting a solid/ live axle would require totally re- fabricating the whole rear end suspension.

I've got a spool from GPM parts. I'm just a bit concerned about breakages or durability issues.

You can thicken up the diff fluid to something like 200k - 500k and it will act much like a locked diff will still providing some "give" in those situations where a locked diff would break something.
One thing to consider is the Senton is a short wheel base and will spin out easily when drifting. The Mojave is probably a better comparison to the UDR.

You can thicken up the diff fluid to something like 200k - 500k and it will act much like a locked diff will still providing some "give" in those situations where a locked diff would break something.
One thing to consider is the Senton is a short wheel base and will spin out easily when drifting. The Mojave is probably a better comparison to the UDR.

Mine is not a stock Senton, I have stretched it with a Kraton chassis plate. I'll install the spool in the rear and see how it goes. I plan on doing this on Sunday

Mine is not a stock Senton, I have stretched it with a Kraton chassis plate. I'll install the spool in the rear and see how it goes. I plan on doing this on Sunday
A rear spool? ?

I guess I’ve never thought about running a spool in the front or rear, but it’s possible I guess. You’re the first person I’ve seen mention that style of setup. ????‍♂️
The UDR runs a spool ( inside a solid axle, no IRS ) in the rear , and a tunable front diff, for comparison

The UDR is a super smooth vehicle when it’s going over bumps and whoops and stuff... I so far have never been able to match the super scale off-road suspension travel with my senton, but at the end of the day it’ll run laps around a udr and it’s way more durable.

So, I installed the spool but did not run it yet.

IMG_20200121_125157.jpg

IMG_20200121_125511.jpg

I'll try to run it tomorrow.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back