Arrma senton mega blx 3s upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hops08

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
I've upgraded to the blx 3s diff and spur gear with adjustable motor mount. I cant seem to get the slipper to seat properly on the input gear. It seems like it's a fraction to long. Am I missing something?
Any
help would be greatly appreciated

You got to lick it, before you stick it!!!

Sorry, I’ve had a few drinks tonight and my 8yr old inner self is surfacing.

I like to grease the skids on the motor mount before trying to push it back into the chassis. Also, tilt the top in first and mesh the input with the slipper rear. Then once that is meshed, slide the bottom of the mount block into the chassis slots. The grease will help that too.

You got to lick it, before you stick it!!!

Sorry, I’ve had a few drinks tonight and my 8yr old inner self is surfacing.

I like to grease the skids on the motor mount before trying to push it back into the chassis. Also, tilt the top in first and mesh the input with the slipper rear. Then once that is meshed, slide the bottom of the mount block into the chassis slots. The grease will help that too.
That's not the issue. It seems like the input gear shaft is a bit to long. The slipper wont slide all the way in. The old set up slides in fine

That's not the issue. It seems like the input gear shaft is a bit to long. The slipper wont slide all the way in. The old set up slides in fine
I think I saw a post about someone else having this issue but I can't remember what the problem was. I think there was something else that needed to be changed. Maybe @Megasty knows.

When you tighten the slipper completely, the end of the screw that holds the thing together will start to poke out the end where the input slides into. You can unbolt it & add a few m3 washers to the bolt head b4 the spring. You just need to add them, reassemble the slipper, fully tighten it, & look inside the rear female splined part of the rear plate to see if the screw is flush with it. It's kinda hard to see with or w/o a flashlight. I had to add 4 m3 washers but you might have to add more or less.

I had the same issue when upgraded my mega with the 3s slipper clutch spur and motor mount. With the stock mega rear diff and input gear I took a hacksaw and shaved about an eighth inch off the input gear post and it fit fine. When I upgraded to the 3s rear diff and input it fit with no modifications.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back