Senton arrma senton& motor issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arrmajunk

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
Hello peoples :)
I have a problem seemingly , both of my Arrma Senton 4x4 blx Have stiff motors,
They won’t run freely . I fixed the drivetrain to run sweet, one Has a castle 3800 1410 15t pinion the other stock.
They both have motors that are tight to turn ,
The castle has been through the wars and was still running when I installed it ,
The stock was near New not had many runs,
I give 5 minute run and rest it ,
My Traxxas Slash and rustler have gone on the beach gotten sea water over them driven flat out for a long distance ran in the rain you name it, the castle ran in my Losi scbe , ran in maverick but both Senton motors have lasted a handful of runs ?
I run onna dusty patch of dirt , but so do my Traxxas ? Anybody had similar probs cheers

Issue may be bad bearings somewhere. Take the motor out and make sure the other parts of the drivetrain move easily. Turn the spur by hand and see if it spins. The motor won’t spin freely by hand. It will spin but the magnets will make it harder to spin

Issue may be bad bearings somewhere. Take the motor out and make sure the other parts of the drivetrain move easily. Turn the spur by hand and see if it spins. The motor won’t spin freely by hand. It will spin but the magnets will make it harder to spin

No, my First thought was ,something holding the car back , I took out the drive shaft the Front spun free, the rear was not , so I took out the gearbox, the car ran Beautiful , took the motor out Spur gear spins like a spinning top, problem found to be yet another Motor failure in the Senton , its already buggered up the Bearings in my castle motor, siezed ,
The Senton is heaviest out of all of my rc 1/10 coukd be too much to push for a 1/10 Motor ?

Th front bearing of the arrma motors are known to fail you could claim warranty for it or if the motor is still ok get a high quality bearing or ceramic for the front or both bearings i learned the hard way

Th front bearing of the arrma motors are known to fail you could claim warranty for it or if the motor is still ok get a high quality bearing or ceramic for the front or both bearings i learned the hard way

Cool I think I’ll just try my luck with some bearings ?
I’m not familiar With cleaning Brushless, I’ve been a Nitro man for years ? I’m 43 last time I stripped a Motor was when I was 16/17 had motor spray, and a fibreglass pen to clean the bit that brushes make contact with? I sprayed out an Etronix motor with brake cleaner ?. it never ran properly afterwards .

Cool I think I’ll just try my luck with some bearings ?
I’m not familiar With cleaning Brushless, I’ve been a Nitro man for years ? I’m 43 last time I stripped a Motor was when I was 16/17 had motor spray, and a fibreglass pen to clean the bit that brushes make contact with? I sprayed out an Etronix motor with brake cleaner ?. it never ran properly afterwards .
Stainless steel or ceramic bearings i personally ordered one from acer racing out from ebay i checked yesterday the motor and the bearing is still so smooth even after 1 month of use feels like brand new and without any dirt
7usd
Found the link https://www.ebay.ca/itm/5x13x4mm-Ceramic-Ball-Bearing-5x13mm-Ceramic-Bearing/261163783237?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
I just clean the motor inside with paper and compressed air never use liquid to clean a brushless motor maybe alchool but there is absolutly no need

Attachments

• IMG_0618.PNG
    IMG_0618.PNG
    554.2 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Stainless steel or ceramic bearings i personally ordered one from acer racing out from ebay i checked yesterday the motor and the bearing is still so smooth even after 1 month of use feels like brand new and without any dirt
7usd
Found the link https://www.ebay.ca/itm/5x13x4mm-Ceramic-Ball-Bearing-5x13mm-Ceramic-Bearing/261163783237?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
I just clean the motor inside with paper and compressed air never use liquid to clean a brushless motor maybe alchool but there is absolutly no need
Cool I bit wet behind the ears on Brushless Motor maintainance .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back