ARRMA Senton Tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nerd

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Reaction score
Welp, my stepson blew through some tires pretty quick. Does anyone have any suggestions? We mainly run on pavement but occasionally run on a dirt bike track.

There are 2 flavors of the Senton. 3s 4x4 and 6s series.
Which one specifically do you have? 🤷‍♂️
Running Offroad tires on cement will always tear through a set of SC tires.🤷‍♂️ Whatever they are.
Cant have the best of both in any one tire. If those worn out tires are still intact, they should remain as the Street tires, and just get a set of same or similar dirt tires just for the Dirt. Many of us here have 2 sets for this purpose. Change them out based on the terrain.
Or you will end up replacing tires often like this.

There are 2 flavors of the Senton. 3s 4x4 and 6s series.
Which one specifically do you have? 🤷‍♂️
Running Offroad tires on cement will always tear through a set of SC tires.🤷‍♂️ Whatever they are.
Cant have the best of both in any one tire. If those worn out tires are still intact, they should remain as the Street tires, and just get a set of same or similar dirt tires just for the Dirt. Many of us here have 2 sets for this purpose. Change them out based on the terrain.
Or you will end up replacing tires often like this.
Thank you for the feedback, it is a 3s. With your comment is there a good set for pavement and then a good dirt set?

I believe you have 14mm hexed wheels/axles. If I am correct. Double check for yourself.
This will be your criteria when shopping. (14mm hexed wheels) You want Short Course wheels/tires for the Senton.
Try Duratrax wheels if here in the States. Also Proline Wheels. There are Street treads and Dirt treads available.
Note that 14mm hexed wheels are NOT common. Many guys change out down to 12mm or go up to 17mm Axles with aftermarket hex Adapters. Opens up many more tire choices.

EDIT: FWIW, MT wheels/tires may be too wide to fit under the SC body. Look specifically for SC (Short Course) tires with 14mm hex. They are out there, just harder to find. Can always consider a stock Arrma replacement Senton wheel. Or even change to 12mmm or 17mm hex adapters to have more selection. You call.

Last edited:
Just putting out there that the Proline Trencher seems to be a happy medium for me. I use belted Trenchers (2.8 MT)to save the body from excessive trimming to counter ballooning tires from being cut up on the body.
However, SrC is right. This may be ok with me but a street tire design will outperform the Trencher and a offroad design will as well. What I like is the Trencher is "groovy" enough for some dirt bite and flat patterned enough to do ok on road.
The attached pic is of two sets of 2.8 belted Trenchers MT. On the 3s, those were bought used in November and have seen HEAVY road use with the occasional trip in the woods. Including several runs on the 6s.
The 6s ones are brand new
16160410693372554102464010493173.jpg
16160411262351273533484591505694.jpg

In on this thread, my senton 3s blx blew a tire after only a handful of drives. Was doing some donuts in the dirt and ripped one up :D Need something that's good for on/off road. I'm more off road I'd say though

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back