Arrma shows no bounds with loctite

Peeeenuuutt

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Senton
image.jpgimage.jpg
Yup that’s exactly how it looks.. LOL
No, not stripped. Just completely torqued clockwise... that 17mm adapter screw really twisted my bit... wowzer. Still came out though.

slick2500

Will work for beer.
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Outcast, Typhon

Slicktmi

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Outcast
I was relieved when i got out every locktited screw out of my rig without stripping anything those little torch lighters are your friend

crimsonfancy

A guy that doesn't know when to give up.
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Talion, Typhon, Notorious, BigRock 4x4
I was relieved when i got out every locktited screw out of my rig without stripping anything those little torch lighters are your friend
This is the trick. I use a cheap ass torch from Harbor Freight and good to go. It's concerning at first but once you see it work, they come right on out with the pinpoint flame for just a few seconds.

slick2500

Will work for beer.
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Outcast, Typhon
Only screw I striped was the pinion grub screw, as it was the first one I tried to remove. I had no idea everything had red loctite on it.

Slicktmi

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Outcast
Only screw I striped was the pinion grub screw, as it was the first one I tried to remove. I had no idea everything had red loctite on it.
That one gave me a scare i didn't strip it the head of the screw actually cracked in half luckily a little more heat it came right out

Peeeenuuutt

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Senton
I use a soldering iron but it doesn’t get the screws hot enough to burn off the loctite so I end up having roulettes. Either my bit breaks or the screw strips so far nothing has happened but that bit almost gave way. Somehow it got the screw out though.

MrTitanium

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
BigRock, Granite, Nero, BigRock 4x4
I’ve been using Loctite 242 (blue) on all my fasteners for over 20 years without any issues. Red Loctite is very unforgiving...