Arrma shows no bounds with loctite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoNoHarm

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
image.jpgimage.jpg
Yup that’s exactly how it looks.. LOL
No, not stripped. Just completely torqued clockwise... that 17mm adapter screw really twisted my bit... wowzer. Still came out though.

I was relieved when i got out every locktited screw out of my rig without stripping anything those little torch lighters are your friend

I was relieved when i got out every locktited screw out of my rig without stripping anything those little torch lighters are your friend
This is the trick. I use a cheap ass torch from Harbor Freight and good to go. It's concerning at first but once you see it work, they come right on out with the pinpoint flame for just a few seconds.

Only screw I striped was the pinion grub screw, as it was the first one I tried to remove. I had no idea everything had red loctite on it.

Only screw I striped was the pinion grub screw, as it was the first one I tried to remove. I had no idea everything had red loctite on it.
That one gave me a scare i didn't strip it the head of the screw actually cracked in half luckily a little more heat it came right out

I use a soldering iron but it doesn’t get the screws hot enough to burn off the loctite so I end up having roulettes. Either my bit breaks or the screw strips so far nothing has happened but that bit almost gave way. Somehow it got the screw out though.

I’ve been using Loctite 242 (blue) on all my fasteners for over 20 years without any issues. Red Loctite is very unforgiving...

View attachment 27984View attachment 27985
Yup that’s exactly how it looks.. LOL
No, not stripped. Just completely torqued clockwise... that 17mm adapter screw really twisted my bit... wowzer. Still came out though.
I’ve been using a butane torch or high power soldering gun depending on the screws location to plastic. I had to drill out 4 stripped screws before taking a step back and being patient with the soldering gun. It’s must and will save possibly ruining parts from drilling stripped screws.

I’ve been using a butane torch or high power soldering gun depending on the screws location to plastic. I had to drill out 4 stripped screws before taking a step back and being patient with the soldering gun. It’s must and will save possibly ruining parts from drilling stripped screws.
Oh I use an iron. Still that’s what happens lol.

Mmm 3-5 minutes
I had to go about 5-8min with the solder gun to remove the set screw from the pinion gear, and then get the torch out to remove the pinion gear from the shaft because locktite got on the motor shaft under the gear.

At least they make these cars with the intent of not falling apart. It actually makes me feel better about their quality in some weird way. Haha.

Yup I totally agree. Also for the pinion I just cranked it off, no heat, just good bits.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back