Arrma suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheJoker

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Well, what would we like to know from Arrma or what would we suggest within their productline..?

I actually think it would be cool if they produced a 1/6 car.
Big, bad and offcourse an enormous amount of power. Offroad offcourse.

I think the way Arrma produces cars, they can make a car like the traxxas xmaxx but then with better quality and for less money...

I like things big, my cars, my rc cars, big butts, very big br.....oh wait a sec! Wrong topic lol! Hahaha :D

So....if the 8th scale is 10th scale then...
A 6th scale would be 8th scale by Arrmas standards right?

Lmao

Arrma mislabeled sizes? That's a traxxas staple, they are the one with an erevo labeled as 1/10 but is nearly identical to the dimensions every one else's 1/8ths.

How about a real high COG monster truck? Start with the Kraton/talion platform, drop the diffs below the chassis,and a gear reduction, and HUGE tires. I am thinking something like the old Hobby King Basher 1/8 Nitro Circus MT.

Or, another easy add, do like Losi, and use the Senton to make a 4wd SCB. The Ten SCBE is on my short list.

Last - make a GT8 version. On-road, full under-pan. With the new motor/esc combo, I wonder if it will get into X01 speeds? 100+mph at half the price of a X01. I could see a market for this - just look at all the speed Typhons out there now.

Not sure if you guys read my post from Go For It forum, Arrma coming new truck (reveal next month June 2016). The teaser shows a lockable differential with smart technology. Mmm, let's see what the next teaser will be! :)

http://rcbrain.com/
[DOUBLEPOST=1462898762][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well, what would we like to know from Arrma or what would we suggest within their productline..?

I actually think it would be cool if they produced a 1/6 car.
Big, bad and offcourse an enormous amount of power. Offroad offcourse.

I think the way Arrma produces cars, they can make a car like the traxxas xmaxx but then with better quality and for less money...

I like things big, my cars, my rc cars, big butts, very big br.....oh wait a sec! Wrong topic lol! Hahaha :D
Will be nice if Arrma coming out with nitro or gas powered, but sadly is seem they're phasing out. :(

Will be nice if Arrma coming out with nitro or gas powered, but sadly is seem they're phasing out. :(
Yeah I don't see that happening. When was the last really big nitro RC released? Electric is replacing nitro in many areas. The saving grace would might be gas powered like the larger 1/5th scale models use or the Savage Octane.

The teaser video from Arrma though you can easily see the brushless motor and ESC in the first video. Should be interesting to see what they are up to come June.

Very true my friend. I guess all boil down to cost of manufacturing engine vs. electric motor.
Yes, of course the video already reveal is electric powered, however did you notice the platform is new?

I never see arrma going into nitro cars simply because, as woodie already said, electric is taking over...
For the speed you don't have to go nitro and nitro usually means more maintanance.
By far the most people going for electric.
Also on sites where you can sell ur stuff most off the cars people sell are nitros...
So i think arrma does a clever job not going into nitro

Yeah, add me to the list of "Nitro is dead" crowd - especially for the basher crowd. Electric is too easy. Plug and play, no engine tuning, more power, great run times, no noise, no nasty oil all over the car...

As I see it, the last hold out of Nitro will continue to be the 1/8 buggy. Racers like the 20-40 minute races with quick pit stops. Although I could see Electric going that way, if someone could come up with a quick change battery system. Maybe something like the on-board bullets found on some packs, but make them horizontal on the bottom end. Slide the battery in, and it is plugged in. Hummm...

Jerry

Hi

All you need to do is make a quick release battery cartage, that can be inserted from the side or the top.

Hi

All you need to do is make a quick release battery cartage, that can be inserted from the side or the top.
In my first trip through this hobby, On-road racing on Bicycle Velodromes (high-banked oval track) was getting popular. back then, there was at least one company that make a quick change battery system. You attached your battery to a plate, the plate had the quick release and connectors built in. Pit stops were less than 10 seconds.

Back then, the best racing batteries you could buy were 1400mah SCE Nicads, so each battery lasted about 4-5 minutes tops. Proper cool-down / cycling / recharge could take hours, so you needed a lot of batteries. "Enduro" races were still limited to about 30 minutes.

With today's Lipos giving 15-20 minutes per charge it would be easy to run long mains like the Nitro guys, if we could get a decent quick release battery tray system.

Jerry

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back