Talion Arrma Talion 6s blx EXB.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schlepprock250

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Talion EXB
  3. Typhon 6s
Hey gang, new to the group.
Two weeks ago I bought an Arrma Typhon 6s, it's been great!
My wife and I went today, she got an Arrma Kraton 6s, and I got an Arrma Talion 6s blx EXB. Yep we got bit by the RC bug.
So on my Talion, after running less than a full pack through it it was restarting itself. Doind some checking it was giving flashing lights indicating that the ESC was in thermal shutdown mode. Any thoughts on this??
I'm thinking maybe try a factory reset on the ESC first. My family has literally spent thousands with our local hobby shop so I know he'll make it right. But I'd rather troubleshoot myself for answers and maybe a solution. I'd appreciate any thoughts you may have.
Thanks

Wow, welcome to the bug. Wish my wife had the bug too.
Have no idea what your problem is, but have had a few minor issues with that same gear. The binding and recalibrating is a little tricky, and you have to repeat a step twice to calibrate the AVC the second time.

I would spend some time to learn the procedure very well first, because it will help solve many problems that arise. I'm always scrambling to look it up. Read the confusing pamphlet provided with the vehicle and then Youtube it until it makes sense.

Others on here might be able to give you exact directions.

I moved to a Castle 1717 motor and matching ESC combo recently and it's been an AMAZING upgrade so far. But was always fond of the RTR gear too.

Cheers and have fun!

Wow, welcome to the bug. Wish my wife had the bug too.
Have no idea what your problem is, but have had a few minor issues with that same gear. The binding and recalibrating is a little tricky, and you have to repeat a step twice to calibrate the AVC the second time.

I would spend some time to learn the procedure very well first, because it will help solve many problems that arise. I'm always scrambling to look it up. Read the confusing pamphlet provided with the vehicle and then Youtube it until it makes sense.

Others on here might be able to give you exact directions.

I moved to a Castle 1717 motor and matching ESC combo recently and it's been an AMAZING upgrade so far. But was always fond of the RTR gear too.

Cheers and have fun!
Thanks, I did the bind and calibration, didn't do a second step regarding the AVC though. When running it hard, the front wheels were really shaky.. Back and forth. I then noticed that the AVC on the controller was set to max the whole time I was running. First run by the way. I'm wondering if that may have over worked the ESC..

Thanks, I did the bind and calibration, didn't do a second step regarding the AVC though. When running it hard, the front wheels were really shaky.. Back and forth. I then noticed that the AVC on the controller was set to max the whole time I was running. First run by the way. I'm wondering if that may have over worked the ESC..
Think you always need to do that full calibration, repeat the steps for AVC, then you can disable the AVC if desired. My system always acted funny otherwise.

Really shaky running hard sounds like too much AVC. I used to run it fairly low. Now I don't use it at all because I'm faster around a track without that slowing down my steering but it's pretty nice on rough roads having that little crutch to smooth things out.

Should probably try to figure out the thermal shutdown mode first though. Could be binding in the drivetrain, poor mesh, running too hard, some sort of power delivery problem. Seized bearing who knows. Electronics could be fine.

If you remove the pinion does the car roll nice a smoothly forward with no binding?

You handy with a wrench?

Welcome to the forum!

Some basic questions:
What surface are you running on?
Is the ESC fan working or blocked by debris?
How much is half a pack in minutes? How much at full throttle?
Ambient temps?

Check your entire drive train for any binding.
Did anything get wet lately? Check your bearings.

Welcome to the forum!

Some basic questions:
What surface are you running on?
Is the ESC fan working or blocked by debris?
How much is half a pack in minutes? How much at full throttle?
Ambient temps?

Check your entire drive train for any binding.
Did anything get wet lately? Check your bearings.
Was running in light grass, Batts were down to about 30% remaining when it first stopped running and restarted, maybe 20/25 minutes, about half at full throttle??, didn't hit any water. Esc fan was working for sure.
This may not be relevant, but the steering was sorta wonky/sloppy. The servo won't do anything now. While I was calibrating the controller, the steering end points wouldn't set by the up/down button on the controller.
The ESC is still flashing showing to be in thermal shutoff, but the motor will run forward and back while suspended, earlier when I tried it on the floor it would just move a little and restart. Could a bad servo take out the ESC?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back