Arrma Talion heat sync fan and screw size

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bitchintalion88

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi guys
Looking for a legit fan for my heat sync and the correct screw size to buy for installation!!! I put dboot backflips on it and I had high temps happening almost instantly. Also what’s the best E setting on ur temp gun for monitoring engine heat at???? I have mine on 92 but I’m not sure it’s accurate at that setting???? Thanks in advance & happy bashing fellas!

6FDAE30D-069A-4164-B347-D7DBA8CF7E46.jpeg

9D5BF8E3-D04F-4C5B-A9B6-C75C14425E69.jpeg

the fan size is 35mm, the screws are 3 or 4mm I don't remember
you can use the arrma blx185 fan
you can also drop you pinion gear a tooth or two, that will help with motor temps, keeps it from working so hard

I know it has a built in thermal cut off in the esc, I don't know for sure the temp, but going old school if you can put your finger on the motor and count to five you good
so I looked it up,motor has 221 degree temp cut off
221 is really hot, keep it or try to keep it around 190

Last edited:
Just a word of caution…. Keep an eye on those tires. Usually when tires have that ash-grey look, they are older stock and the glue breaks down. This use to be the case WAY back in the day….. not sure now, but worth a second look now and then. Another thing you might want to do….if you haven’t already is.. vent the tires. Some like to put tape over the holes on the inside of the rims and then cut a small hole through the tire so dirt, sand, water, etc can escape during fast rotation. There are YT vid’s about it. Just thought I would share!! BASH ON!!

I know it has a built in thermal cut off in the esc, I don't know for sure the temp, but going old school if you can put your finger on the motor and count to five you good
so I looked it up,motor has 221 degree temp cut off
221 is really hot, keep it or try to keep it around 190
Just a word of caution…. Keep an eye on those tires. Usually when tires have that ash-grey look, they are older stock and the glue breaks down. This use to be the case WAY back in the day….. not sure now, but worth a second look now and then. Another thing you might want to do….if you haven’t already is.. vent the tires. Some like to put tape over the holes on the inside of the rims and then cut a small hole through the tire so dirt, sand, water, etc can escape during fast rotation. There are YT vid’s about it. Just thought I would share!! BASH ON!!
Right on I’ll definitely look it up!!!! Thanks man!!!!

Yeah, those back flip tires will definitely heat things up. Pinion should be maybe 14t tops. If you’re running bare dirt and it’s cool out maybe 15t. Also depends on the size of your battery. If it’s a smaller pack (4500mah)it will have less weight for your car to pull around and less run time so you will run a little cooler. A 7000mah and you will cook he motor even with the stock tires on. Best to have an infrared temp gun. They can be found at harbor freight or tractor supply pretty inexpensive.
Btw a nice compromise between the back flips you have and the stock katars are the back flip lp. Same wheel as yours but a small profile, lighter tire. They’re a forum favorite.

Yeah, those back flip tires will definitely heat things up. Pinion should be maybe 14t tops. If you’re running bare dirt and it’s cool out maybe 15t. Also depends on the size of your battery. If it’s a smaller pack (4500mah)it will have less weight for your car to pull around and less run time so you will run a little cooler. A 7000mah and you will cook he motor even with the stock tires on. Best to have an infrared temp gun. They can be found at harbor freight or tractor supply pretty inexpensive.
Btw a nice compromise between the back flips you have and the stock katars are the back flip lp. Same wheel as yours but a small profile, lighter tire. They’re a forum favorite.
Ya I’m running the big 6500Mah 6s batteries and now realize that may have been an expensive mistake cuz they run forever but I did get a good Klein dual laser temp gun and see that I just need to give it breaks every ten minutes or so.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back