Talion Arrma talion new motor and esc ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HUGO .R

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Hi everibody, i have a v3 Talion since 2 months and i'm not sure if i will put an new motor and esc .
Do you think it's neccessary ( i like to do big jumps ) ?
What's the best brand ?
Thanks everibody !!!

The stock motor has a lot of power. I wouldn't change it out unless you felt you needed to. If it starts to feel slow then consider it. if not then rock on!

Yep I found that a castle mmx 6s gives them way more power with stock motor

Hi everibody, i have a v3 Talion since 2 months and i'm not sure if i will put an new motor and esc .
What's the best brand ?
Thanks everibody !!!
If you are bashing and jumping, are you finding something you lack? Is there something you are not getting out of it that you are looking for?

Honestly, although you can jump any RC, the Tailon is not what I would call a jumper it's not its design. Kraton yes...are you aiming for a level or ability that it is not designed for. Small jumps cool...big jumps for this one 🤷‍♂️

If you are bashing and jumping, are you finding something you lack? Is there something you are not getting out of it that you are looking for?

Honestly, although you can jump any RC, the Tailon is not what I would call a jumper it's not its design. Kraton yes...are you aiming for a level or ability that it is not designed for. Small jumps cool...big jumps for this one 🤷‍♂️
Man this post from 2018 lol. I have to disagree with you though. I think the talion is better at jumping than the kraton. Flies through the air so much better imo.

What's the best brand ?
Thanks everibody !!!
I put a hobbywing max8 w/ hobbywing 2200kv in mine to get more speed and power. It works great! I also tried a Max6 with 4092 1730kv and didn’t like how it made the car heavy and less like a Talion. I jump the hell out of my trucks too. I bet the castle 2200kv combo would be great too. I might try it if my hobbywing ever gives up lol 😂 Been giving it hell for two years now.
Good luck

Is that with the stock motor?
The max8 is a 150amp hobbywing esc. The 2200kv is a motor that is faster than stock.
If you put the max8 on the stock motor you will see an uptick in power. If you upgrade both it will be a substantial difference in power and speed. I wanted my Talion to stay light ,fast and handle well. The 2200kv motor is the same size as the stock but turns a good bit faster

The max8 is a 150amp hobbywing esc. The 2200kv is a motor that is faster than stock.
If you put the max8 on the stock motor you will see an uptick in power. If you upgrade both it will be a substantial difference in power and speed. I wanted my Talion to stay light ,fast and handle well. The 2200kv motor is the same size as the stock but turns a good bit faster
Okay gotcha you upgraded to both the HobbyWing ESC and motor. Thank you.

I put a hobbywing max8 w/ hobbywing 2200kv in mine to get more speed and power. It works great! I also tried a Max6 with 4092 1730kv and didn’t like how it made the car heavy and less like a Talion. I jump the hell out of my trucks too. I bet the castle 2200kv combo would be great too. I might try it if my hobbywing ever gives up lol 😂 Been giving it hell for two years now.
Good luck

I had the Max8 combo in my Outcast 6s for a while, then the motor blew up mid backflip, took out the spur, pinion and both diffs..............................

I had the Max8 combo in my Outcast 6s for a while, then the motor blew up mid backflip, took out the spur, pinion and both diffs..............................
Did the motor lock completely up? Never heard of one doing that. A lot of carnage!
Did you get it fixed?

Did the motor lock completely up? Never heard of one doing that. A lot of carnage!
Did you get it fixed?
Yeah motor was completely toast couldn't even get the rotor out of the can. And yeah I did.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back