Talion ARRMA TALION OR KRATON? HEEEELP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArrmaAddict

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Outcast 6s
ok my arrma friends, i currently have an arrma outcast and a notorious (got 1 second hand cause it had some goodies and when i break one i have the other while i wait for parts lol) my brother has a typhon and we are both truggy\truck fans but i convinced him to get the typhon because it was a really good deal and man that thing is such a ripper and soooooo much fun, stable and solid. so i have recently come across someone selling a barely used v3 Kraton and a v3 talion both are barely used with no damage (including maybe 3 or 4 scratches on the chassis) the kraton is at an awesome price point but he wants more for the talion because it has better batteries. if you all had the choice what would you choose and why?. we mainly bash nothing too crazy i mean we get air and i like the flips of the notorious and outcast, we go to both flat dirt bmx and cement skate parks and the occasional speed runs in the street like we all do when we cant get to a bash spot.

Get them both, why not, you and your brother have the rest of them.

Get them both, why not, you and your brother have the rest of them.
lol i wish..... if i could i would, the prices of these cars here in australia second hand or brand new even are expensive... a brand new v4 talion is $801 without batteries and the same for the talion so second hand a good price with batteries and no upgrades is like 450 - 600

lol i wish..... if i could i would, the prices of these cars here in australia second hand or brand new even are expensive... a brand new v4 talion is $801 without batteries and the same for the talion so second hand a good price with batteries and no upgrades is like 450 - 600
I hear you, if it was me I'd have to flip a coin. Went thru this with the Kratin and Outcast, I love the Kraton, but would like to have a Talion also. Hard choice for sure, good luck on your choice!

I have a Kraton but occasionally wish I'd gotten a Talion. The Kraton is a big fat pig, it'll take some work to make it feel more precise and nimble. Since you already have some stunty trucks, the Talion will be more different to them than the Kraton.

Also, you can always use some more good battery packs...
Edit: it's the same guy selling them? The lipos are interchangeable between the trucks, why does he sell them with specific packs? ??‍♂️

Note: I haven't driven a Talion so take my opinion with a bag of salt.

ent thru this with the Kratin
I have a Kraton but occasionally wish I'd gotten a Talion. The Kraton is a big fat pig, it'll take some work to make it feel more precise and nimble. Since you already have some stunty trucks, the Talion will be more different to them than the Kraton.

Also, you can always use some more good battery packs...
Edit: it's the same guy selling them? The lipos are interchangeable between the trucks, why does he sell them with specific packs? ??‍♂️

Note: I haven't driven a Talion so take my opinion with a bag of salt.
Same guy selling them and I'm not too fussed on the batteries as I have plenty but he still wants more for the talion lol

On what kind of terrain will you drive it?

Rough: Kraton is king
Flat: Talion wins

I have a Thyphon and a Kraton, and have driven the Talion. It's right in between the Typhon and Kraton.
Most will be bmx tracks both loose and flat dirt and cement skate park.

Talion for sure, it flies better and is super fast on the flat, it is tough as nails and turns better than a Kraton. If I could only have one Arrma it would be a Talion!
Oh man the decision is hard

Oh man the decision is hard
Everyone defaults to a Kraton, the Talion is a little more special I think, not as common, but does everything a Kraton can do, just faster I love it. Don't get me wrong though, the Kraton is awesome too, I just like the Talion more.

The Talion would be my choice and my first purchase would be a decent body for it. ??
I don't know why people find the Talion ugly? Though I haven't really ever run my Talion body, I use a LFR Mugen body on mine, the Losi 8ight T body fits as well.

Everyone defaults to a Kraton, the Talion is a little more special I think, not as common, but does everything a Kraton can do, just faster I love it. Don't get me wrong though, the Kraton is awesome too, I just like the Talion more.
Are they just as durable? Still backflip etc?

Are they just as durable? Still backflip etc?
Just as durable, backflips with stock tyres aren't as easy, but you can change tyres for stunts and then switch back for the speed. I really enjoy hitting the ramps with the stock tyres though it's a bit more of a challenge and it's rewarding.

The only possible downside to the Talion is the shorter front shocks and its shorter shock tower.
Besides that and the tires I believe they are nearly the same. (I only own a Kraton and Typhon so I cannot say for sure)

I´d go for the kraton... but i guess that depends on your type of bashing. i'd say that kraton will be better if you're planning to fly... on the other hand, tallion should be better on less bumpy terrain and for speedruns imo...

Don't listen to anyone who pushes the Talion...i own a Kraton V4, and never driven a Talion, so trust me when i say "Get the Kraton!!" ??
Seriously, i love the Kraton and I'm sure the Talion is awesome too, but the Kraton has more ground clearance. @Primarrma will provide the specs shortly and dispute that it's minimal ?.
The Talion is geared higher for speed, but the Kraton is the ideal MT basher IMO.
Probably haven't helped much with your decision so my advice is buy both, but you've said budget is an issue so I'd go with the better $ deal of the 2...which i believe is the Kraton...which is also better looking than the Talion and that's NOT IMO...that's an undisbutable fact!! ??
Just look at them side by side and you'll know what to do...get the Kraton.

They are both great. And I've yet to go anywhere with my Kraton that I couldn't with my Talion. Sure there are places where I would need a Kraton but I don't bash at them. BMX track, my homemade ramps.....no problem for the Talion. It's a tough choice.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back