Arrma talion shock shafts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meeeric1

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
So, I currently have the Arrma talion v2, and my biggest problem so far is definitely the suspension. The shafts either always bend, or the threads get stripped. I've gone through like 3 pairs of them so far and I've only had it for less than a year. I haven't done anything too rough, mainly drove it on grass, bark, and flat road, and always have the shocks full of oil. I have not found anyone else with the same issue as everyone else only has good things to say about them. And well, I was wondering: would it be possible to use the new v3 talion's 4mm shafts in the v2 talion's shocks? Or would I have to replace the suspension entirely?
Thanks.

I too feel your pain about the stock shocks, I've rebuilt both of the fronts just to have them both bend right away, broke both shock pistons in the rear, and broke a rear shock shaft off at the rod end. I decided to buy the front Tekno shocks off Dollar Hobbyz for $25, the rears were ~$45, so I just bought some new shock shafts for the rear for the time being. The Tekno shocks are so much nicer than the Arrma shocks. So much so that I might just break down and spend the ~$100 on the Full Option shocks.

The short answer, no.
The long answer, the shock shafts on the V2 shocks are 3.5mm, that means the hole in the bottom of the shock, the lower shock cap, all the plastic spacers and the rubber orings is 3.5mm.
No you wouldn't have to replace the entire suspension, just the shocks.

If you do decide to go with the Tekno shocks, and buy them off Dollar Hobbyz, they are the shocks for the ET48.3/NT48.3 and the MT410. And you will also need the shock stand offs, a 4mm drill bit, and 2x M4 lock nuts.

I replaced my shafts with the Axial 77mm long in the rear and the 59.5 up front. I use aluminium m3 rod ends. Much more bullitproof than stock. I am also running the M2CRacing slotted pistons to slow down the compression.
20171119_160447.jpg

I replaced my shafts with the Axial 77mm long in the rear and the 59.5 up front. I use aluminium m3 rod ends. Much more bullitproof than stock. I am also running the M2CRacing slotted pistons to slow down the compression. View attachment 13530
You have some part numbers for that shafts?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back