Talion Arrma Talion tips and tricks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im running the 15t and i think its a bit slow. If i switch to 16t would that make a big difference.

If you're running 15T pinion and 50T spur, and you think it's a bit slow, 16T pinion won't make that much difference.
Do you run 4S or 6S ?

Arrma Talion V3 2018 16T pinion and 50T spur on 6S

Last edited:
Some more upgrades....been reading a lot of bad about the castle motor fan but i have one on my revo and it's been working fine, and since i had one had one on the shelf the choice was easy, it may not cool the engine a whole lot but i guess a few degress is better than nothing, also a very simple install. I plan on ordering the hobbywing heatsink/fan or the Yeah Racing but this will have to do for now. Been reading that these Outcast Dirt Guards takes away some of the cooling/airflow but i just hate the debris and little rocks, so i decided to install them anyway. Used M4x16 to mount the plate and trimmed the bodyposts, trimmed about 5mm off the height of the dirt guards so they don't rub against the body. Another way is to raise the bodyposts but i wanted to keep the body stock height.
Everything worked great at todays bash, the dirt guards kept the debris out and even if the little fan may be a just a cool plastic thing i did'nt have any problems with the motor temp.

Attachments

• IMG_2081a.JPG
    IMG_2081a.JPG
    221.5 KB · Views: 135
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    188.4 KB · Views: 144
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    197.8 KB · Views: 138
  • 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    178.7 KB · Views: 135
  • 2a.JPG
    2a.JPG
    158 KB · Views: 145
  • Temp.jpg
    Temp.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
I have been searching for alternatives myself and so far only found the Hot Racing shock towers.
Well, comparing pictures it still looks like it's to tall. Can not find a good picture on the TD-0206 except on ebay. Can not find TD-0206 on Team Durango's site. Team Durango's site lists TD330314 as the shock tower that would fit DEX408T and DNX408T but then again i believe they have different versions models V1 V2 etc, I guess the only thing to do is buy it and try it.
So i found out the dex8t shock front tower can be a replacement https://www.amainhobbies.com/team-durango-front-shock-tower-insert-set-tdr330705/p442591 if you add a shim.

I am undecided if i should go for a durango or a v2 stock shock tower or a v2 from voltage. Reason why I need v2 is because of the height so I can use a v2 kraton shock set or the tekno shock set. I am going for what ever is the lightest atm guessing the durability with the above is good enough i think.

Following up on my Outcast Front Dirt Guards, now I've finally fitted the Outcast Sideguards, fits right on, you have to trim the front of the right sideguard about 5mm by the servo saver spring.

IMG_28a_resize.jpg

Where you get that center brace ?! Custom ??

I made it myself, couldn't wait for Markhor RC to finish his design for the Talion V3, so that I can buy a carbon fiber one :)
I know carbon fiber is tough and light but I kinda like alu, I wish someone starts to make these top braces out of alu.

Did you make it by hand or you had access to CNC/laser cutter ? If so, would you mind sharing the file or blueprint ? :)

Did you make it by hand or you had access to CNC/laser cutter ? If so, would you mind sharing the file or blueprint ? :)

I would love to share a file or a blueprint but I made it with garage air tools, must've fitted that brace 30 times before all the cuts, clearances
and holes were there. What still bothers me though it that I needed to make a slight bend downwards from the center of the motor and back, otherwise the rectangular hole for the rear chassi brace would be too long and it I would'nt be able to fit the wing mount. Even had to grind down the rear brace stop screw holes a bit. I've seen the carbon fiber that Markhor RC fitted to Kraton and Outcasts makes and they all seem to be flat, maybe the Talion V3 is different !?

Here's one thing I had to change before the second test bash, needed some more clearance by the batteries.
Test bash went great by the way :) also fitted some new rear mudguards, man those things really takes a beating.

20.JPG

Last edited:
I have used pla. You don't need a Special Filament. The printed parts are Just to hold the brace in place and against rattling. They don't have to hold forces. Its Just a nicer solution Than ZIP ties. Its Just a cheap and simple solution for guys with a 3D printer.

I have used pla. You don't need a Special Filament. The printed parts are Just to hold the brace in place and against rattling. They don't have to hold forces. Its Just a nicer solution Than ZIP ties. Its Just a cheap and simple solution for guys with a 3D printer.

Ok, just pla. I though you needed to use something tougher for servo brackets and mudguards ? Your design are really nice, also saw that there's some other rc parts design as well, now i got an excuse to buy a 3D printer :) Took the liberty of copying your design of the center mudguard and a couple of small mods later it fit together with the top brace real nice.

29.JPG

Ok, just pla. I though you needed to use something tougher for servo brackets and mudguards ? Your design are really nice, also saw that there's some other rc parts design as well, now i got an excuse to buy a 3D printer :) Took the liberty of copying your design of the center mudguard and a couple of small mods later it fit together with the top brace real nice.

View attachment 20401
For the mudguards i used tpu, a Kind of Rubber Filament Like Nylon! The Servo bracket ist Made of Pla nx2 a new and better Pla. So far its OK since i have Designed it really though.

I find the stock Talion on 4S a bit slow and pretty hard to control in mid air (if it nosedives I can't save it like with my truggified Typhon)
Tires balloon very little though.

Anyone noticed the same?

Plan on getting bigger tires to solve this btw. Louise just released a bunch of monster truggy tires (tire diameter like 3.8 monster truck but less wide and less sidewall too)

Well, I admit it, the Castle Fan doesn't really do much for the motor temp. Used the Yeah Racing on the Outcast so I decided to bend the Hobbywing one, turned out ok and does help the motor temps well.......thought the included fan was way too big so I used a smaller one.
Decided to cut some protection for the fans as well....

IMG_2999r.JPG

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back